Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Change Profile Picture into a Gif?

I am not sure if this is the right area to put this question in and if its not then Im sorry! I would love to use a gif picture for my profile picture but I don't know how. Can anyone help?
:3 You upload it just as you would a regular non-gif profile picture.

^^; if it says its to big/small, use this: ezgif.com
This is perfect XD two of my friends on RPR. I just find it neat that you had to respond to Marie's post. I didn't know how to make it a gif either, but I figured it'd be the same.
MarieSapphire Topic Starter

Rhythm wrote:

Okay because usually when I try to upload a gif it won't move, I will try this :) )

Kuraudo47 wrote:
This is perfect XD two of my friends on RPR. I just find it neat that you had to respond to Marie's post. I didn't know how to make it a gif either, but I figured it'd be the same.

I hope it works for you too! :)
MarieSapphire wrote:
Rhythm wrote:

Okay because usually when I try to upload a gif it won't move, I will try this :) )

:3 sometimes you have to tinker with it. ^^; 94x94 or 95x95 is usally a good size.

Rhythm wrote:
MarieSapphire wrote:
Rhythm wrote:

:3 sometimes you have to tinker with it. ^^; 94x94 or 95x95 is usally a good size.

Yea because for some reason I change the size and it still says its too big. Ah oh well, I will figure it out one day haha Thank you for the help :D
MarieSapphire wrote:
Rhythm wrote:
MarieSapphire wrote:
Rhythm wrote:

Yea because for some reason I change the size and it still says its too big. Ah oh well, I will figure it out one day haha Thank you for the help :D

:D I see you figured it out.

Rhythm wrote:
MarieSapphire wrote:
Rhythm wrote:
MarieSapphire wrote:
Rhythm wrote:

:D I see you figured it out.

Yes I have! Thank you my friend!
Kim Site Admin

It looks like you managed to figure it out! Good job. :) I'll just add a little more info to this thread in case someone else with the same questions visits the help forums.

There's two sizes that you have to worry about when uploading a profile picture of any sort --
The visual size, and the size of the data.

If an image is larger than 95 x 95 pixels, the site will resize and crop the image to fit this visual space. If an image was animated, the resizing will only be done to the first frame of the animation, resulting in the gif no longer moving. So make sure it isn't bigger than 95 x 95!

The next issue is data size. We keep the limit for data stored in an image quite low, so as to keep the forums and other site pages loading reasonably fast -- we don't want one member to have a user icon with thousands of frames slowing everyone else down when they have to download it each time they see a post by that person! So be sure to keep the number of frames in the animation as few as possible. There are some programs out there that can help you to compress the data size, as well.

Thank you Kim! ^_^

You are on: Forums » Help » Change Profile Picture into a Gif?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus