Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Should have

Done this ages ago!

Hi everyone, thought I'd pop up and say hello to everyone ;)
Kim Site Admin

Well hi there! What made you decide to introduce yourself just now? :) How have you liked the site over the last month?
Katalijne Topic Starter

Felt I had a bit of a 'nekid' profile, couldn't really show my face so to speak. Aaaand I tend to explore every option before saying hello XD like getting to know what I'm working with before chattin' to anyone.
Kim Site Admin

Hmmn, makes sense to me! :)

What kind of RP do you like?
Hello! :D Your character's profile looks absolutely amazing!
Katalijne Topic Starter

Feels like one of them interviews.. Lol. A veriaty in truth. From Horror to the dramatic, earie and enticing. It also depends on the character I make. And that tends to show more of what I like to rp ;)
Katalijne Topic Starter

@Alecia - Thank you! Its still not 100% as I'm not too happy with it, any suggestions please let me know. I'm all ears and eyes on that subject. I'm still working on the 'mood' that I want to set my Main character with, so yeah.. bit in a rut with it.
Okay! :D I'm happy to help, although of course feel free to disregard any of the following.

This is completely subjective, but I'm finding parts of the profile hard to understand (I'm not a native speaker, though). For instance - "portraying a strong spirit that held a very sharp idiom" - I have no idea what to imagine, it doesn't ring any bells.

Similarly, you use lots of unusual words, like "angular face that praised a prominent jawline". To me, the amount of it is distracting - it's very hard to focus on what your character looks like, and on what they're like. Simplifying the language would be helpful, and I think it could be worth it to consider using plainer language for most of the text, and save the unusual stuff for things that you really want to make stand out.
Hey hello hi whats up? I'm a Herr for an rp if you ever eneed one
Well hello there and belated welcome hehe how you liking the place?… just so you know I'm up for a rp if you're interested ^.^
Welcome to RPR! I hope you've had a good time thus far :). If you ever want to chat, feel free to message me!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site!! :) I see you're fitting in nicely. :D

As for the profile, it is very nicely detailed! I do agree with Alecia that some of it is very confusing to follow. If the description isn't found anywhere else in a simplistic form (such as simple statistics), using plainer language might be preferable. I have a hard time picturing what is described and being over 6' tall myself, I'm not quite sure why her height is being referred to as a handicap. <.< It's quite useful being this tall. XD
Katalijne Topic Starter

I'm also over the 6' and I consider it more of 'handicap', insiders joke among my friends of being vertically handicap. XD

But yeah, I agree to that some things should be simple yes. But I had to have something written before rping her - now that I've started I can get a better grasp on her and thus the description and any other details will change. I've been out of the run for some time so I need to loosen my fingers and let my imagination explore once more. But I will definitely try at keeping it fairly simple.

Edit; And yeah I find my height very usefull but I tend to knock my head on the doorframe or when I'm in the car (I need a bigger car yes I know) My friends call me vertically handicap, thus the inside joke.
Hi there!
@Vesda: Okay :) Good luck! :)
Glad to finally welcome you! We're all really friendly here so I'm sure you'll be making a lot of new friends :D
Katalijne Topic Starter

Ooh, a wild Loki appears. Lols, brilliant.

Thanks to Alecia I've finally gotten the inspiration for my chara's rpr, now I just need to continue on that rollarcoaster ride and see where it gets me XD

Thank you all <3
Welcome, Vesda! I'm glad you finally decided to introduce yourself. Welcome! :D
Kim Site Admin

So glad to hear you've gotten the inspiration you were looking for! :D
Katalijne Topic Starter

I wouldn't say I rehauled it but it has changed in a fair amount. I still need too tackle two pages and its somewhat complete.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Should have

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus