Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Massive Kudos Lists

I've noticed with the massive amount of kudos being handed out that my home page is being spammed with HUGE lists of who's given who kudos, like so.

While I am all for spreadin' the love, perhaps we could make a little link that leads to that list after a certain amount of kudos recipients is listed, like the way you can navigate to people's accolade trophies on another page when they have a large amount of them? It could say something like "See who else this person has given kudos too »»" and link to a page with the whole list of names.

(Post-script side note: I ask this out of curiosity more than "we need it", but how come there isn't a "preview post" option in the forums?)
I agree with this. Because my page is getting majorly spammed with Kudos, and while it's really nice and awesome to see everyone being so friendly...

I'm losing track of everything else ._.
I agree as well. It takes up a lot of space and pushes important stuff off that you may need for reminders of stuff like forum rps.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I believe Kim didn't want to limit kudos appearing on the notifications to help promote other players and their characters as new and interesting RP partners. I did let her know about this thread though.

However, if you're finding it means you're missing other updates, you can turn off (and back on again) kudos in your notification settings :)
Copper_Dragon wrote:
(Post-script side note: I ask this out of curiosity more than "we need it", but how come there isn't a "preview post" option in the forums?)
Mmm yes, preview post.
darth_angelus wrote:
However, if you're finding it means you're missing other updates, you can turn off kudos in your notification settings :)

I think there's the problem, though. We want to see Kudos, especially if you're like me and you want to know when you've gotten a kudos (I don't want to go check every single character to see if I got Kudos). So turning it off isn't favorable. But yet it still clogs up sooo much. I think it'd be a big shame to pick between the two. Because either way, you're missing out on something.
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

darth_angelus wrote:
I believe Kim didn't want to limit kudos appearing on the notifications to help promote other players and their characters as new and interesting RP partners. I did let her know about this thread though.

However, if you're finding it means you're missing other updates, you can turn off kudos in your notification settings :)

*whiiinnneeeee* But Daaarrrtttttth, I wanna see /everything/ notified in the home paaaage!

*'s composure breaks, gigglesnorts*

XD I can certainly do that, but I just figured I'd offer a suggestion to the clutter to make things look a lil' neater when viewing all those delicious kudos.

Edit: Also what Celestina said. You posting ninja you!
Dylan wrote:
Copper_Dragon wrote:
Mmm yes, preview post.

There is isn't there? That little green checkmark up at the editing bar? ^^^^

Prince wrote:
Dylan wrote:
Copper_Dragon wrote:
Mmm yes, preview post.

... is THAT what that thing is? Oh! Fffff! Nevermind my PS then! xD I'm so used to a "Preview Post" button on other forums!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

CelestinaGrey wrote:
I think there's the problem, though. We want to see Kudos, especially if you're like me and you want to know when you've gotten a kudos (I don't want to go check every single character to see if I got Kudos). So turning it off isn't favorable. But yet it still clogs up sooo much. I think it'd be a big shame to pick between the two. Because either way, you're missing out on something.

Easily addressed, all of your character kudos appears on your personal kudos page which you can access from your player profile ;)
Kim Site Admin

Hi guys!

Yeah, any time we have an explosion of people doing the same thing over and over, it can get a bit cluttered in the notifications. Under normal usage, it's less of a problem. If kudos are getting annoying, you can always turn them off.

That said, kudos-per-notification is supposed to be capped at 10. I see some where more have snuck by, so I'll work on that. As to the "trophy case" suggestion, dynamically creating pages for a notification combination is... More complicated than the trophy case. By like a kajillion. I'm gonna decline to spend time on that since explosions like this are an uncommon occurrence, and the only reason we have one now is that people are actually competing against the clock to make moar moar MOAR. ;)

And we DO have a preview option for the forums (and text widgets, and everywhere else you get the BBcode button bar). It's the last button on the right. The little green check mark. It's a sucky button. It needs to just say preview. XD
Prince wrote:
Dylan wrote:
Copper_Dragon wrote:
Mmm yes, preview post.

By golly, I had no idea (and I'm a moderator). The more you know.
Kim Site Admin

darth_angelus wrote:
Easily addressed, all of your character kudos appears on your personal kudos page which you can access from your player profile ;)

Yeah, but who checks that every day? Without a notification, there's no reason to think there's anything new there.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Kim wrote:
Yeah, but who checks that every day? Without a notification, there's no reason to think there's anything new there.

True but I'm trying to offer a temporary solution for those who might want to turn off kudos notifications until things calm down.

Actually it looks like the cap is back up! Huzzah! The pesky kudo-ninja have been held at bay again! :D Thank you Kim! The world(Home) makes clean, neat sense again. <3

Also I vote for a big fat happy Preview Post button. That lil' checkmark is just asking to be overlooked and abandoned. :(
Kim Site Admin

Copper_Dragon wrote:
Also I vote for a big fat happy Preview Post button. That lil' checkmark is just asking to be overlooked and abandoned. :(

It has my vote too! I keep forgetting to change it. Maybe I'll do it this afternoon. :)
Hehehe oooops sorry Copper! I did go a bit kudos crazy. But I endorse this idea! I can do that right? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Rubix wrote:
Hehehe oooops sorry Copper! I did go a bit kudos crazy. But I endorse this idea! I can do that right? Sounds like a good idea to me.

XD You don't need to apologize! I wasn't trying to single you out or anything-- I just picked the first huge list I ran across on my home page. As I said, I am all for spreadin' the love, and you're doing a fine job at that, Rubix!
Kim Site Admin

You all did an amaaaazing job.

I totally added that preview button, too. ;)

Kim wrote:
You all did an amaaaazing job.

I totally added that preview button, too. ;)

I slobbered all over it with love and adoration. *does so again, wipes it dry*

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Massive Kudos Lists

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus