Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » New Years Resolutions

Well it's that time ladies and gentlemen. I'm surprised no one has made a thread for this but here I am doing it. I know some are private and I know some people want em to be heard by the world. So here we go. Got some new years resolutions you don't mind sharing with the RPR community? Let's hear em. Who knows. Maybe some of em can be helped to pull off with the assistance of some of the members of the RPR community. And since I'm right here, I'll go ahead and speak mine.

1: I got plans to create a couple of new characters and I will have them done within the first month of 2012.
2: To perfect my characte sheet design as I know there are still flaws in it.
3: to 100% completely finish my group Avalon.
3: To make all needed repairs on my car so that it will run like it's fresh off the lot rather than fresh out the scrap yard.
4: Once repairs are done, to do some after market detailing to my car such as a new paint job, new radio and speakers and a few other things.
5: Perhaps get a second vehicle.
6: Get a tattoo done that I had thought up for my daughter back before she was even born.
7: To quit smoking thus finishing ridding me of my three major bad habits. (Smoking, drinking and...ehhh...smoking...heh. It's drinking and that second smoking I've already gotten rid of from my life.)
Whenever I come up with New Years Resolutions, it usually gets forgotten anyway. Oh well, I'll just list down some things in here...

1: To finish one of my more popular and longer fics by the end of 2012
2: To lighten my 'laziness'...(I have no idea how to accomplish this)
3: Back to writing this year (I've been drawing mostly for 2011)
4: To get that PSP earlier than summer (meaning I have to get my grades up)
5: To be a better and more open person in general (than how I already am)
6: To improve mah drawing and (mostly) coloring skillz

Err, that's all I can think of at the moment. >_>
Buy and swap in a new clutch for my car, get a radio for it, an amp, maybe lose 15lbs this year, get my character pages done, and convince Kim to give make a template that is bacon themed.
I only have one resolution to make, and that is to be the best I can be in 2012.
Earendill wrote:
I only have one resolution to make, and that is to be the best I can be in 2012.
Being super cereal, that is a fantastic resolution. I applaud this.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Mine is to roleplay with you guys :)
I don't have a single one. ;D I typically go by the belief if there is something I want to do, I'll do it or find the way to do it no matter the time of year!

These are certainly some interesting resolutions to hear!
Dylan wrote:
I don't have a single one. ;D I typically go by the belief if there is something I want to do, I'll do it or find the way to do it no matter the time of year!

These are certainly some interesting resolutions to hear!

I agree Dylan, it shouldn't be just new years where people make goals and work hard to archive them! But alas I do have one, and it's extremely practical, and something I've been tying to do sinnnnnce *things really hard, which is near impossible as she's just woken up* July I think.

As most of you know I a momma to a very energetic and mischievous 2 year old. And the goal revolves around him,. GET HIM POTTY TRAINED.
darth_angelus wrote:

I like this. ;) My resolutions are this:

Finish my NaNoWriMo novel
Finish editing my NaNoWRiMo novel in time for being my senior project
End my last year of high school with all As (being realistic, I may allow one B for math)
Potentially gain at least five pounds (I am unhealthily underweight, blast my metabolism)
To learn how to keep my temper instead of snapping at people
CelestinaGrey wrote:
darth_angelus wrote:

I like this. ;) My resolutions are this:

Finish my NaNoWriMo novel
Finish editing my NaNoWRiMo novel in time for being my senior project
End my last year of high school with all As (being realistic, I may allow one B for math)
Potentially gain at least five pounds (I am unhealthily underweight, blast my metabolism)
To learn how to keep my temper instead of snapping at people
For the second to last: If you're in the USA, like me, Mcdonalds, taco bell, and burger king. Now, for the last one, I am very familiar with this as I have angreh issues myself. All you need to do - and yes, this is going to be very hard when the time comes to do it, but do it anyway - is just take a breath, and relax. See things from the other person's view. Just gotta chill and go with the flow, man.
Bonebag wrote:
For the second to last: If you're in the USA, like me, Mcdonalds, taco bell, and burger king. Now, for the last one, I am very familiar with this as I have angreh issues myself. All you need to do - and yes, this is going to be very hard when the time comes to do it, but do it anyway - is just take a breath, and relax. See things from the other person's view. Just gotta chill and go with the flow, man.

Only problem with the solution for my second-to-last is that to get food from those places, you need money to spend, which I don't have. xD
As for the last, yeah. >.< I'm only snappy with my family, unfortunately. But I have noticed my patience growing thin with other people. So I'm hoping to stop that.
Sanne Moderator

1. Do dishes every day. I now let them pile up and do them once a week and it's so much work. :(
2. Eat better food (less junk food, more home-made food and cook more food in the oven rather than (deep)frying) and with that lose a little bit of weight for the sake of my health.
3. Rearrange my hectic schedule to get a bit more 'me' time (accomplishing this by having my own laundry machine so I don't have to run out and drive to my parents' house every week to do that!).
4. Do smarter grocery shopping in Germany.

I don't have much else, really. :P My boyfriend is coming down here in March and staying for a while, things at work are going well etc.
Yuka

- Go to Rome (this is actually scheduled/booked, squee!)
- Get on at least one commercial archaeology dig
- Do 2012's Nanowrimo
1. Try and be a little speedier with Commissions
2. Finish my portfolio for college applications
3. Get into a college
4. Improve art
5. Loose at lest 10-15 lbs and keep it off
6. Work on Anxiety and paranoia issues
7. Meet my BFF in person
Darth_Angelus Moderator

CelestinaGrey wrote:
darth_angelus wrote:

I like this. ;)

I thought you might ;)
SeraphicStar

Earendill wrote:

This.
To walk again and get my life together for 2012.
- Get a real job (Because according to parents computer tech and salesperson isn't a real job)
- Art. And more art.
- Get new vehicle.
- Work out, gain 20 lbs at the very least and get my health back on track.
Okay I kinda lied I do have one for myself....further my education some how. Weather it be college, or otherwise. I've been checking out language or art course offered through the Ottawa-carleton school board, not quite college. But I do believe if I wish to go to college I'll have to retake a couple of my high school courses.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » New Years Resolutions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus