Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Leviathan Hunters RP (looking for 1 or t (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hello Dear RPR-ians!

after months of absence due to inspiration problems I want to get back into things on here. I've been poking around here and there, and looking to revive things.
Now to start my idea off, I'm gonna post a little video here for you to watch I found this recently and want to base this RP off of it. I can't guarantee the story will be the same as the movie, cause as far as I know it isn't a released movie yet.

Story

This movie is - as far as I understood - about earth having figured out interstellar travel. The fuel their ships need, however, is provided by large beasts on a distant planet codenamed: "leviathan". Due to it's sheer size and destructive force, no human voluntarily hunts this beast. Instead, earth dispatches prisoners to do the dirty work for them. Their job is to go out there into an unknown planet to hunt these beasts.

Practically, this is how it will go in this RP (again, not confirmed if the movie will be like this).
There are massive motherships filled with staff and a select number of "banshees", which is the codename of these hunters. Banshees go out in squads of 5. 3 of those will man the harpoon boat, which is tasked to bring down the massive beast with a well-placed shot to it's weak spots. the other two steer a much smaller 1-man patrol ship, tasked to track the beasts down and lure them behind themselves so the Harpooners can take it down. As seen in the video, this is not without risk.

I am not sure what the length of this RP will be or what will be the cause of it's conclusion. maybe a prisoner escape, maybe a failed mission and a death scene. I know some of you don't prefer that, but keep in mind that this death scene does not have to be permanent for your character (I know it won't be for mine).

Now, to get into the more practical matters - a few pointers

1. This RP may or may not become a heavily psychological one, I'm not yet sure where I want to go with this.
2. I plan to do this with 3 people, maybe 4 depending on how people here react to this post.
3. your character must have a backstory that could potentially have potentionally imprisoned them in the human society of the early 22nd century. This does however NOT mean they have to be villains - they may be there because of personal matters, a rough life, anything, I won't restrict you on that one.
4. I don't yet know which character I will use, I'll discuss that with you and see what fits.
5. like said above, this RP is in the early 22nd century. which means modern or futuristic characters only, and it's in this case also restricted to human characters - no aliens. (sorry!) Genetically enhanced humans are allowed, as long as it doesn't give them too much of an unfair advantage.

that's it for my mindless rambling, I hope some people are interested in this and if so - I will hear from you soon ^^
Freyya Topic Starter

Still looking, would love to get this going if I can get people interested :)
Marlowe Kingsley (played anonymously)

How many people were you looking for? This character is a solider, but could be adapted for something like this; she could be a prisoner of war or framed ect.
Freyya Topic Starter

thats very possible yeah! and I was looking for around 4 characters, myself included :)
Got some room bruh?

Olthain wrote:
thats very possible yeah! and I was looking for around 4 characters, myself included :)

Right on, I'd be interested. Marlowe's page is pretty much complete (minus a few details)
Freyya Topic Starter

DontBeTrippin wrote:
Got some room bruh?

'course dude :p
Marlowe Kingsley wrote:
Olthain wrote:

Right on, I'd be interested. Marlowe's page is pretty much complete (minus a few details)

looks like a character that could fit in this one if she was framed :) POW seems tough since in this scenario earth is pretty much united as one faction (I know, weird right? :O )

Olthain wrote:
looks like a character that could fit in this one if she was framed :) POW seems tough since in this scenario earth is pretty much united as one faction (I know, weird right? :O )

No its not weird at all. Framed for something works for me.
Freyya Topic Starter

alright then we just need at least one more person, 2 max :)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Leviathan Hunters RP (looking for 1 or t (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus