Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The liberators of Kal'Gara keep ((PM to join))

Anukha had to think on her feet right then and there, the way cleared she jumped into action. First her attention went to the most imminent danger, the kettles. With a sharp flick of her want Anukha conjured a human-sized hand which flew right up to the kettles and quickly tipped one over right into the goblin camp...

She hoped the resulting confusion would give her enough time. "Clear the gate!" She shouted as she turned her wand to the gate. A few incantations and the tip of her wand lit on fire, the intense flame growing and swirling around until it formed a bright hissing sphere. She didn't waste any time, as soon as the spell was complete she steadied her feet and fired, the large orb blasting into the gate like a cannonball... Hopefully that did it.
Valder Odanar (played by Pirate) Topic Starter

Anukha might have just saved the lives of many Dwarves that day. The kettles were tipped over, burning the poor Hobgoblins carrying the pots alive as they fell down the stairs, bumping straight into the other unsuspecting kettle bearers. The blazing hot oil was scattered over the stairs, and those who wanted to come down them would get their feet burned straight off.

"A wizard!" The Eyeless One yelled."You fools did not shoot the wizard! I will see you all hanged for this!" The Hobgoblin turned to Gran'dar now."Your prophecies have failed me greatly. When this is all over, I'll see you suffer most." Gran'dar just shied away and whimpered. But before he could even apologize, the gates were blasted open by an immensly heated fireball.

As soon as the smoke settled, the steel gates of Kal'Gara keep were blasted open. Valder raised his axe, almost in disbelief this actually worked."Charge, my friends! Kill them all! Let me up front!" He yelled as loudly as he could as he ran for the gates, his army following closely behind him.

The Eyeless One raised his gigantic spear."Yes... Come face me, Dwarven fools. Grant me your eyes. Scream for me to make the pain stop." He spoke in a hollow tone as the Dwarves poured in and spread out to meet the Hobgoblins charging for them. Valders eyes were set on Kochma'vol. The Eyeless One dies today!
Prabu (played by SeraphicStar)

Untroubled - if a little puzzled - by the negative response to what he expected to be a mere formality, the hobgoblin continues his chanting. If the Exarch does not want a warrior in the afterlife, one of his subordinates probably will. Sticking to his duty of protecting the wizard, he sticks to the gnome even as the dwarves around him charged their foes, standing between her and any foe who wished to harm her, as well as providing cover with his shield and body.

"The time is now, paaldaask.", he grows. "Unleash hell while we still stand."
Anukha stepped aside to let the dwarves thunder past, she waited until they were all in before she followed them in with the goblin, who was going to protect her now it seemed. Looking up she saw a lot of goblins were still on the ramparts, of course they would be but that made the keep a shooting gallery for dwarves. "Let us secure the wall!"

Anukha called out, hoping to get at least a few dwarves to join her in doing this. In truth if they were able to drive the goblins off the walls, or at least back, then she and probably the dwarven archers could use them instead. From where she was standing there was only a single set of stairs going up and, as could be expected it was full of goblins going down.

"I'll clear the way, step aside." The gnome said as she leveled her wand and with a mighty incantation send a large lightning bolt in a straight line over the stairs.

As Valder charged, some of his fellow soldiers ended up with crossbow bolts in their backs. By the looks of it, they were still surrounded by archers. A dangerous possition to be in! But luckily, without his orders, the Dwarves knew what to do. In the back a few more stairways up the walls were located. Two teams separated from the main bulk and ran straight for these stairs while Valder and the other Dwarves clashed against the Eyeless One's force.

Speaking of whom, he was in the middle of combat. His impressive size and fearsome reputation were enough to give him an edge in combat. As soon as he noticed his Dwarven foe wavering, he stabbed his massive spear through the stout soldier's chest, raising him up in the air and flinging him towards another soldier. As someone tried to retalliate, Kochma'vol jabbed his spiked knee into the unfortunate soldier's face. His screams lasted a while before he finally died. Valder, taking down his own fair share of Goblins by cutting at the monsters' knees and throats, noticed how this masked Hobgoblin was making short work of his frightened soldiers. The knight gritted his teeth as he wiped his axe on his shield and started walking for the Eyeless One, whom's mask was already turning to meet his gaze.

Meanwhile Anuhka and her pocket goblin were doing a good job at dealing with the menace heading down the stairs. A pair of Dwarves followed the Gnome to offer protection from arrows that were undoubtedly coming their way. As soon as the bolt of lighting was fired, a bunch of the Hobgoblins simply dived off of the stairs to avoid getting hit. Those who didn't, however, got electrocuted and fell down the stairs, limp like a ragdoll.

With a dexterous movement, Prabu raises his shield to block a flying bolt aimed at the caster, and follows it up by sidestepping, giving Anukha a clear shot at the walls. Lightning hisses as it flies dangerously close to his head, causing some of his hair to stand on end. He retakes his spot immediately after it becomes safe again to stand before the wizard and her enemies, and prepares for the retaliation he knows will come.
With the assistance of the dwarves and Prabu Anukha began making her way up the stairs to the walls which were her destination. Their ascend was not nearly as fast as some might have liked however... It would have been much worse was this fortress built with humans in mind but still the steps were awkwardly high for the gnome wizard and so she had to consider almost every single step or she might trip.

"Hold up." Anukha said as she stopped only barely halfway up. With a short incantation and a trust of her wand a bank of mist flowed out of the tip of her wand, coming together in a cloud which she then pushed towards the goblin archers. "This should cover us for a moment..." The gnome said before she began climbing again... slow and steady.

With the archers' vision blocked, the Hobgoblins were forced to regroup at a better spot. Though none left the wall, they ran away further from the oncoming forces. However, the archers seemed to guard someone else. Behind them was Gran'dar, chanting some sort of incantation. Whatever it was, it probably wasn't good.

In the meantime, Valder raised his axe, speeding up to charge his foe. Kochma'vol expected this, however. With a heavy swipe, he swung his massive spear straight into the Dwarf's shield, causing Valder to stagger. He followed this up by trying to jab his spear straight through the Dwarf's head, but Valder quickly managed to recover and raise his shield to catch the blow. With his axe he would then slice through the shaft of the spear, breaking it through half.

"That all you've got, you motherless cretin? Come on! I thought you were a threat to us!" Valder yelled at him.

However, another spear was thrown towards The Eyeless One. This one equally as big and threatening as the last one."Brave words, Dwarf. We shall see if fortune favors you yet."

Prabu glances toward where the fight between Valder and the Hobgoblin is taking place, and he smirks a little. Whoever loses, he wins.

Ah, but the task at hand comes first. Visibly annoyed at the gnome's difficulty in climbing the ladder, he stays near the bottom, fighting off anyone who comes too close. "Gnome!", he shouts out impatiently. "If you cannot even climb a ladder by yourself, I can throw you over my shoulder and carry you to the top!"
"That is an outrageous idea! How dare you suggest it!" Anukha snapped back at Prabu. She continued climbing ineffectively until her ears picked up the sound of incantations behind her. Being caught in the middle of the stairs like this would be bad for her and moreso fo the mission at hand.

The small wizard hissed. "Very well then! Carry me up the stairs then! But no further!" Anukha snarled, angry at the necessity of it. "I will guard your back as you ascend."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The liberators of Kal'Gara keep ((PM to join))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus