Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » a small leave of absence

tonight at some point due to finances I'll be losing my services....sorry everyone I hope to be operational soon.
Minerva

I know how that is, Nik. I'm in the same boat and only able to get on courtesy of a friend giving me his old laptop for Christmas and the local park having wifi. Best wishes.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Sorry to hear that Niki, I hope you'll be able to return soon, we will miss you!
That sucks. Hope to see you back soon! :)
Well... [bleep]. That bites. Well. Time to tell RJ to go get himself a job.
Awwww that sucks. I'm sorry :(
Hope to see you again soon!
Kim Site Admin

Oh dear! We'll miss you while you're sparse, Nikina. I hope things turn around for you very soon!
LittleLuckyRed1

:C
Pineapple Topic Starter

Won't be too long, Less than 2 weeks (hopefully less. It might not even take effect...the girl on the phone wasn't sure if the adjustment went through.))

And kim I`ll send you my holiday art exchange now to avoid missing it ^-^
Kim Site Admin

nikina wrote:

Oooh, excellent thinking.
Pineapple Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
nikina wrote:

Oooh, excellent thinking.

I was due for a good idea ;) LOL
Darth_Angelus Moderator

nikina wrote:
Won't be too long, Less than 2 weeks

That doesn't sound so bad but it will be good when you're back :)
I do not know you, nor have I talked to you before, but I hope that everything will be fine and that you guys will be back on your feet soon, rather than later.
I'm exactly in the same boat as you, Niki. The only reason I'm able to get on RPR is that I'm what basically amounts to a computer geek, already have a laptop, and live in an apartment complex with 'complimentary' internet.

I hope you can get this sorted out soon! D:
Pineapple Topic Starter

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping it wont be a long one.

and Bones, I might be looking into some complementary internet as well. XD we live on the 4th floor of a 17 floor building. I'm sure I'll find some XD
It's a shame I can't be there to help you in your quest an--SEVENTEEN floors? My smalltown brain cannot fathom this.
Pineapple Topic Starter

*was pleasantly surprised with still having inter webs when she woke up this morning* Lol bones, Yes unfortunately 17, the building next to us is 20. I used to live in a small town, but hubby works here in the city, so we had to move.

**EDIT**

Well I did end up talking to rogers, and they're not suspending me So to everyone who wished me well :D I get to stay
Minerva

Glad you get to stay!

I'm the inverse. I was born in southern California, raised in Chicago until five and then moved to Milwaukee, which felt small--until I had to abruptly move to what is effectively The Boonies, Texas. I call it the devil's @$$hole. I miss 20 foot apartment complexes, traffic jams, polluted air, and cranky big city slickers. The local attraction here is... the walmart that drove everything else out of business. That's about it.
Pineapple Topic Starter

Heh, I'm from a small town(s) like that. I say towns because We moved quite a bit when I was young, live on the east coast, and the west :) then ended up in the middle, Where I'm stuck <.> lol

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » a small leave of absence

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus