Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Where ya'll from?

Andryn wrote:
I'd presonally prefer to punch him in the throat.

Suddenly your my hero for that comment! Heh.
cruel

Born and raised in Florida, but currently in Arkansas.
Lance2011 wrote:
Andryn wrote:

As well I should be.
Andryn wrote:
Lance2011 wrote:
Andryn wrote:

As well I should be.

I'd personally prefer he be made to punch himself in the throat though...then choke himself out with his own knee caps while using his thumbs as impromptu drumsticks.
Sanne Moderator

Easy on the violence boys! There is enough testosterone for everyone. XD
Sorry. Just making sure. Heh.
Bonebag Topic Starter

NASCAR is not a form of racing. It's a form of driving in circles. Want actual racing in the USA? Go look at the SCCA Spec Series, like the Spec Miata series, or the American LeMans Series (ALMS). However, you can only find the 'real' racing over in Europe, but I hear that F1 is having it's troubles these days...

They renamed one of my favorite streets in town to 'Clint Bowyer Lane' (could be Clint Bowyer Drive, I forget). I was so suuuuper angry when I found that out.

Andy: It would behoove you to open the upstairs portion up for my crew and I. UUUGGGHHH.
...I suddenly feel so very alone ._. Am I the only Pennsylvania person here??

...I'm from where there's amish. Two houses ago, I seriously lived in a place where we had a farm right beside us and Amish carriages were always going by in front of our house. For the record, Amish make the best Whopie Pies.

Currently I'm living in a boring development where I can see a nuclear reactor from my window. No joke. It's three miles away. And active. Little tidbit of information: My grandfather on my dad's side actually helped build that reactor.

Nothing too special about my place. We tend to talk fast, or so I'm told. And my mom's Pennsylvania Dutch so she has weird sayings like 'there's more back' and my grandma on my mom's side has a lightswitch cover that says 'outen the lights'. So that's Pennsylvania Dutch for you.
SeraphicStar

I live in the mountains, in a city where you can probably fall from the roof of the tallest building around and just walk it off. I kind of like it. That said, there's a small town mentality (no privacy, everyone knows you, you bump into everyone everyday, the list goes on), roughly half of its population is elderly, and there isn't even a pizza home delivery service. We have fourteen bars, but only one grocery shop. Our city's coat of arms has a tree and five pears in it.

There are, however, pigeons. Lots of them. Dem skyrats.

I go to college in a slightly less microscopic city where you can order pizza and have it delivered to you. But everything's stupidly expensive over there.

Every Monday there's a local market in my citown where you can buy cheap "Poma" sweaters and "Lewi's" jeans, or a goat. Or stolen stuff. I never go there, it doesn't smell too good. The farmers from the nearby towns and villages also clog our main street with their tractors when they come to that market and driving around becomes impossible.

I was born in an even less microscopic city than the one I go to college in. They wear hats and stab bulls with phony spears. The mayor is a criminal psychologist and there's a fair every year where they show us cows and horses and pigs.

Random info tidbit: my citown's name can be roughly translated to "Very Deep", and it's surrounded by villages such as "Big Head", "Little Weight", "Big Weight", and who towns whose name can be interpreted as kinds of flatulence. I want to murder the smart guy who named those.
Where ya from? What's it like? Whatddya sound like? What're the people like? Have any quirks? Anything odd?

Goodness, one question at a time, laddy!

Anyway, uh, I am currently in California, but I have too much Texas pride to consider myself one of them, so disregard that statement. We'll get to there eventually.

I am originally from a wee lil' old town that was a gated community before it became a city, albeit a very tiny one with no proper facilities in its walls; it has a grill at the country club, a working pool, a lake-side beach, and a security force and EMT, however. It's good a pretty small-town feel for a gated community-city thing, and the people are decent enough. Every city has it's... unpleasant people though. We've had to deal with a few personally as neighbors before.

But I'll stop right there because you didn't ask about my point of origin specifically!

So as I said, I live in California currently, in a big-ish city: 3 times the size of my home town, and I have 2 I consider such, so good luck figuring out what is what. It's near-ish where James Dean died. It's got some friendly enough folks, but it's still filled with stinky dinky Californians who are not my friends and could do with a few million Texans to teach them some manners. And how to use a bloody turn signal. I can never understand why CA drivers can't use their turn signals. They come standard with the car...

Okay, enough about that. The people in this town are either friendly enough to you, acknowledge your presence, or want little to do with you. Even then, people just can't seem to understand a proper Texas greeting or holding the door open for ladies. Oh man, the tales I could weave about my dad being a proper Southern gentleman to strangers... it weirds them out, maaaan.

Okay so this is alil' ranty, but I miss Texas, okay!? :firefly-is-over:

Also I sound like this.

By the by, my Point of Origin is called "Hideaway" and is probably the reason I avoided hazing in high-school. You need to be called in at the gates to be let into the city, and some random van full of HS girls isn't getting in to see me. B)

As for where I live currently, there's a specific hint in my post...

You get a kudos from me if you can figure it out.
Bonebag Topic Starter

Hah, Copper, tidbits of your post remind me of the Cheech and Chong movies.

So apparently RPR is made of some Southern USA folks, a chick from Pennsylvania, Europeans, and short-attention-spanned peeps from the WAFFLEHAUS. This is a good mix, I like this.
From all over, originally from Ohio but now im in Mississippi
Bonebag wrote:
Andy: It would behoove you to open the upstairs portion up for my crew and I. UUUGGGHHH.
Omg if he ever did that again I'd... RRRAAAAGGGHHH
Bonebag wrote:
a chick from Pennsylvania

My+Cornah+%2521%2521.jpg
*sits in her lonely corner*
*pat pats cele* No worries. We used to have another highly active Pa person. But...well...long story involving me and a lot of drama.
*forever alone* D:
Darth_Angelus Moderator

One is never alone when they have RPR :)
darth would be correct there. We're all just a click away :D
*clicks*
SeraphicStar

Sadly my firewall is specifically designed to block any content from Pennsylvania and/or lonely corners. Tough luck, Cellyface.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Where ya'll from?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus