Skip to main content

Forums » Help » 2015 RPR Banner Art?

Just curious when the start of this would be announced!
Alongside Epic Week stuff, I would think.
HibariHaru

Can someone explain to me what 2015 RPR Banner Art is for please?
Virus Topic Starter

Novalyyn wrote:

Oh... Yeah... When is that as well? XD
HibariHaru wrote:
Can someone explain to me what 2015 RPR Banner Art is for please?

You know the big picture you see every time you login? That's the banner that is made every year by a collaboration of artists here on RP Repository. I was one of the artists last year who helped, I was wondering when it would be time to begin making a new one.
HibariHaru

Quote:
You know the big picture you see every time you login? That's the banner that is made every year by a collaboration of artists here on RP Repository. I was one of the artists last year who helped, I was wondering when it would be time to begin making a new one.

Wow! Really? That's cool! Which one's yours?
Virus Topic Starter

HibariHaru wrote:
Wow! Really? That's cool! Which one's yours?

The tiny purple slime creature next to the dwarvish looking orc/goblin.
HibariHaru

virusghost18 wrote:
The tiny purple slime creature next to the dwarvish looking orc/goblin.

Cool. :) Can anyone join? Is it like a contest??
Virus Topic Starter

HibariHaru wrote:

Anyone can enter by submitting a link to their artwork. But the artwork has to be brand new, as big as possible (so it can be shrunk down and still have high res), and it needs to be finished by a set date. So yes, it is a bit like a contest. There are even prizes!
HibariHaru

virusghost18 wrote:
HibariHaru wrote:

Anyone can enter by submitting a link to their artwork. But the artwork has to be brand new, as big as possible (so it can be shrunk down and still have high res), and it needs to be finished by a set date. So yes, it is a bit like a contest. There are even prizes!

What kind of prizes? If I may ask? *eyes sparkle in excitement*
Virus Topic Starter

HibariHaru wrote:

Free year long Epic membership with all the perks it entails for starters~!
HibariHaru

virusghost18 wrote:
Free year long Epic membership with all the perks it entails for starters~!

Gosh! Gosh! Gosh! So exciting! I can't wait! :D
well darn can i submit a friends art if he gives me the permission? he is doing some art for me and he doesn't rp, he wouldn't care. That would also get you all to see his best artwork. Either way I think Ill sign up just to see how low I score XD. does anyone have any suggestions for the worst artist ever?
HibariHaru

linktheriolu wrote:
well darn can i submit a friends art if he gives me the permission? he is doing some art for me and he doesn't rp, he wouldn't care. That would also get you all to see his best artwork. Either way I think Ill sign up just to see how low I score XD. does anyone have any suggestions for the worst artist ever?

Don't be too hard on yourself, Linky. Everyone's an artist, and maybe in the future, with a lot of practice, you'll be a great artist, too. :)
XD yeah but the practice part is soooo boring hahaha im kidding. Anyway i guess thats what ill be doing over the next week any sugestions on how i go about putting it on the web? I am honestly a noob when it comes to web art. And is devient art any good?
HibariHaru

linktheriolu wrote:
XD yeah but the practice part is soooo boring hahaha im kidding. Anyway i guess thats what ill be doing over the next week any sugestions on how i go about putting it on the web? I am honestly a noob when it comes to web art. And is devient art any good?

Yeah. It's good. And it's Deviant. :)
Sanne Moderator

The art submitted to the contest has to be art you drew yourself, specifically for this contest only. You're disqualified if you submit someone else's art or recycle art you used for other purposes before.

The date of epicness is usually somewhere in April to celebrate RPR's birthday on April 24th, but the start date I'm not sure of! I bet this year's celebration will be EPIC though! ;)

Edit: Here is last year's contest thread: http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=11606

The prizes this year will vary, the only thing that's been consistent is a year's worth of epicness to all whose art is used in the final mash-up. :)
Ilmarinen Moderator

I broke my chain of beefy barbarian bodies last year with my old troll dude. I already have plans for this year and I'm super excited to start. I've been painting like a FIEND recently!
HibariHaru

Sanne wrote:
The art submitted to the contest has to be art you drew yourself, specifically for this contest only. You're disqualified if you submit someone else's art or recycle art you used for other purposes before.

The date of epicness is usually somewhere in April to celebrate RPR's birthday on April 24th, but the start date I'm not sure of! I bet this year's celebration will be EPIC though! ;)

Edit: Here is last year's contest thread: http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=11606

The prizes this year will vary, the only thing that's been consistent is a year's worth of epicness to all whose art is used in the final mash-up. :)

WOW!!! The banners get better every year! Oh gosh! I wish I can draw that awesomely too!
Meanwhile, I need to see if I can get my tablet working again... Though honestly, I'd need to anyway. ^^;
Kim Site Admin

I LOVE how much anticipation there is for this contest these days! :D It is definitely one of my favorite times of year as well.

For those interested in seeing the contest thread for last year, check out: http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=11606&p=1#1704341
virusghost18 wrote:
Novalyyn wrote:

Oh... Yeah... When is that as well? XD

Epic week starts April 24th! The accompanying contests are usually announced on the first or second day. I'll be making some reminder news posts about this event very soon, too. :)
HibariHaru wrote:

Every person who has an entry selected for the final "genre jumble" (the official name for that banner image) gets a year of epicness, and is entered into a raffle for additional prizes. Last year the prizes included more character slots, and a custom RPR tote-bag full of toys and candy that would be mailed out to the winner. Since it's a raffle, you're not guaranteed to get more than that year of epicness, but the odds aren't bad for getting more either! :)
linktheriolu wrote:
well darn can i submit a friends art if he gives me the permission?

Absolutely not. It must be your own work. I have allowed teams in the past if the team was all members and they submitted a plan to me about how each team member would contribute and how they planned to divide their winnings BEFORE they submitted their entry.

If drawing is not your thing, there's always other types of contests during Epic Week, some of which are as easy to enter as simply telling a friend about the RPR.

You are on: Forums » Help » 2015 RPR Banner Art?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus