Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Valley of Aram - Seeking Players (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Tate

GK27peE.png
60266CC.png

54DFmsk.png
The Valley of Aram is a medium-low tech, mid-fantasy, high magic setting very lightly based on the silk road in the ~17th century. Roleplay is focused mainly in the city-state of Aram, a wealthy trade city ruled by the Arapati.

A refreshing break from Camelot-style and other European-based settings, Aram takes players into a hugely diverse populace, including a matriarichal governing, elves with their own lore, and other custom races; nexus style entry is also possible. Currently, there are three unique sub-settings for a break from the city, with their own flavours and society. Further, even inside the city, players can find their nooks: colleges for the educated, a bazaar for entertainment and business, and more.

Look forward to horrifying dangers, engaging interaction, a mid-sized player community, and a safe(r)-space environment.

sr4G2TX.png Apply here! sr4G2TX.png

Recent updates:

sr4G2TX.png Work has begun on a named NPC list

sr4G2TX.png The Krin have recieved a new visual reference.
Sent in an application. If I'm accepted I'll make a new character for the group. And may I ask what the 'Nexus' is? And are we required to play as one of the premade races in the group or could we use our own?
Kim Site Admin

WOW, clearly a TON of work went into this!
Tate Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
WOW, clearly a TON of work went into this!
And it will only continue to be added to! I am currently working on in-depth information in the forums on the listed races and certain subsettings, before I decide to do anything else.

@Sketch444 - Rigby and I approve applications together, so I do apologize for the wait while we wait for her to get home from work!

To answer your questions:
Quote:
And may I ask what the 'Nexus' is?

There is no 'the', as it is not an actual thing within the roleplay, but a style/concept/I'm having trouble with words right now. Nexus refers to characters from many different worlds intersecting in one place. Aram has incredibly weak planar boundaries, and it is possible for characters to - through a series of massive accidents or very calculated planning - to end up 'falling' into Aram through a similarly weak point in their own world (or a weak point created by their own self).

One such example is a character currently in the group, Rukia, who comes from a modern world very similar to our own. Her backstory is still unraveling, but suffice to say she managed to fall into Aram, and, after years of survival in this strange new place (that is just-so-slightly similar to her motherland India, enough that she, when she first came, could almost understand the language), she has hacked out a place for herself.
Quote:
And are we required to play as one of the premade races in the group or could we use our own?

Absolutely not! You can bring in any kind of character or race, withn reason. Reason meaning that it should fit into the setting without breaking it or breaking the rules.

So, no, you can not bring in, say, a pokemon, as that is from a 'canon' universe (canon is not really the correct word, but is commonly used on RPR to mean characters from settings not original to RPR/whatever setting you're RPing in).

You could play something incredibly powerful like a dragon...so long as you play it fairly; don't destroy the city without talking to our mod team about setting up a storyline! Same goes for any powerful character type; as long as it isn't god-like, you don't need our permission to make it, but you need our permission to RP this character as anything that'd alter the setting, etc.

I hope that answers your questions! If not, tell me so I can clarify!
They do, thank you. And just so I'm clear, the setting is a grasslands or savannah of sorts right? Sorry, I'm still reading up on everything in the group XD
Tate Topic Starter

The area was originally jungle, actually, and further from the city, jungle is still accessible and very much so existing. The air is hot and humid. Surrounding the city, the grassland is manmade. Farms, the large homes of nobility and the rich who do not exist within city walls - the jungle was slowly removed, cut away to make way for all of this.

I will likely go back and clarify this if it's causing confusion, on the setting info page! It's been a lot of stuff to write, so I do miss things from time to time! Apologies c:
Ok, thanks for clarrifying X3 Hope I get accepted.
Tate Topic Starter

Bumping this!

qjo9A4O.png
I remember seeing the magic eaters a while ago. Is this an 'old' group?
Tate Topic Starter

Gamers wrote:
I remember seeing the magic eaters a while ago. Is this an 'old' group?

Nope! The magic eaters are my own personal creation, and this group was actually partially developed around them.
When were they created? Apologies, just trying to figure out where I saw them. You never had them up before posting this?
Tate Topic Starter

I've been working on them for years (originally not intentionally - I slowly drew my character Zaany's species away from D&D things and into something more original), but they were officially named a year or two ago. When I was working on their lore, I had made a character page just for them. Since, I've needed the character slot and deleted it and stashed it on Zaany's page instead. So that's probably where you saw it, somewhere along the road.

It is currently scheduled to be stashed somewhere else once more, as I am about to rework Zaany's page (largely because Tumblr happened re: image link breaks, but also because they're being reworked a bit).
Tate Topic Starter

SzWUcZe.png
Tate Topic Starter

yWgZQbo.png

So this happened when I was adding an image to this entry. IT LOOKS SO OFFICIAL AND MONSTER MANUAL-LIKE.

BUMP.
Tate Topic Starter

tumblr_no6b5p9VYP1uth91ho1_540.png
bump
Tate Topic Starter

YpGZJvw.png

The Krin have received a visual reference added to their in-depth information! I'm very pleased with it, so please check it out!
Kim Site Admin

Oh hey you're right. That overlap with the quote box wasn't supposed to happen, but it sure looks awesome in this context! Great work! :D
Is this a dream upon Furcadia, or a forum group upon the RPR? Regardless, it looks to be very interesting!

Edit: I have solved my own question.
Tate Topic Starter

AH THANKS.

And I'm glad you took the time to answer this yourself, while I was sleeping HEH. We're forum, skype, and google docs - for anyone else who happens upon this question. We also have a skype chatroom that's OOC for players to talk - socialize, show off your art, plot roleplays, plan characters - it's not strictly Aram, but it IS strictly Aram members.
Tate Topic Starter

RTW1hXN.png Haven't you always wanted a pup-py~?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Valley of Aram - Seeking Players (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus