Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Why, hello there!

Just thought that I would drop by and say hello!
I am new here, as you might be able to tell. Exar's the name, after the infamous Sith Lord Exar Kun, but I dropped the Lord part, for obvious reasons and the surname because it got mistaken for a Japanese honorific far too often.
I have been playing forum RPGs for almost 11 years now. Started out by drifting from forum to forum mostly fantasy or sci-fi themed, until I got stuck in the one place where I would remain to this day.

I obviously enjoy RPing and everything related to it, mainly reading, writing and of course playing video games. I am a big fan of Star Wars, Warhammer40k, Lord of the Rings naturally, and many other similar franchises.
My main character is Alan, who has been depending on the forum a demon-hunter or a Claymore, if you are familiar with the manga of the name. I have been using in some form or another for almost ten years now

I joined this forum in hope of meeting like-minded people who share my passion for Roleplaying in all its manifestations and all that surrounds and concerns it, to exchange experiences, learn something new and perhaps play a game or two.
Cheers!
Sanne Moderator

Another Sith Lord joins our ranks! Darth_Angelus and I are pleased. ;) We may or may not have ruled RPR for a brief period before...

Anyway, welcome to the site!! You've come to the right place, there are tons of people who share your interests here. :) Do you have any questions for us at all about the site and/or the community?
FroggyGurl

Welcome_Bear_by_Cute_Creations.gif
Hallo hallo! Welcome to the peculiarly awesome community Role Play Repository. Hope you enjoy this amazing place!
Welcome! You don't seem shy, but if you are don't be! This is a great forum, and pretty diverse too. If you see a character profile you find interesting, don't hesitate to send a pm as almost everyone here is super friends. (I here there might be a mountain troll somewhere, but I've yet to find it) Hope you get nice and cozy here, as this is a great place to write. ^^
HibariHaru

Hi! Welcome to RPR!
If it wasn't for Star Wars, I would have never found roleplay in the first place (or, at least, I wouldn't have found it until much later). So I can definitely understand the passion for it as a setting! I even had the Star Wars Encyclopedia back in the day from a bargain deal at Barnes & Noble. What a gem that was!

Anyway, welcome to RPRepository! You may find Fantasy and Anime far more common here than "live action" Sci-Fi, but even if they're not your forte, you'll find the community so amiable that it would be difficult to leave!
Hey there chum, Welcome to RPR, the home of RPers every where, feel free to message me if you need help or want to rp.
Welcome!
I actually thought the "Kun" suffix was Japanese as well XD
Kim Site Admin

Exar wrote:
I joined this forum in hope of meeting like-minded people who share my passion for Roleplaying in all its manifestations and all that surrounds and concerns it, to exchange experiences, learn something new and perhaps play a game or two.
Cheers!

Sound like you joined for the perfect reasons! Welcome! :)
Welcome to RPR! I've loved Star Wars since I was a kid, and I'm super excited to see The Force Awakens. Hope you're having fun here so far! ^_^
Exar Topic Starter

Thanks, it's always nice to receive a warm and sincere welcome!

@Sanne...hm...let me think, no questions so far I am still looking through all the stuff, but once I have settled in questions will undoubtedly come ;)

@FroggyGurl, thanks, so far I am definitely enjoying myself and it doesn't look like that's about to change anytime soon :D

@Luulu, no worries, I am definitely not shy, chances are that I will talk too much

@HibariHaru, thanks!

@SubjectHazard, yeah one of my favourite books as a child was an illustrated Star Wars encyclopedia, so I can definitely relate! I am completely fine with fantasy and anime as well, especially seeing how the forum I currently RP at (whenever it's active) is about a fantasy anime xD

@XXXKILLZONEUS, thanks I shall take you up on that offer once the time is right!

@StarWitch it happens a lot ;P

@Kim thanks!

@Loki thanks and you're not the only one excited to see the new movie...I am almost anxious, hopefully it turns out well!
CrimsonKnight212

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the site!! We're so glad to have you! As I'm sure you can already tell, RPR is a super friendly community with a lot of experienced role players! You seem to have really interesting ideas and I hope to get the change to RP with you at some point! Again, welcome to the site :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Why, hello there!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus