Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Something, something, creative title . . .

So I was trying to think of something incredibly witty for the title and an equally witty main body for this post buuuuut - I've got nothing. Which probably is a great first impression when coming into a site that revolves around creative writing and story-telling, but maybe its because I burned all my creative juices for the moment on writing up my first character (Boivin, for those curious).

That being said, I'm new to this site, but am in no way new to roleplaying. My preferred style is third person with alterations between past and present tense that I will eternally vow are due to my simply adding a unique artistic touch to my writings. Though I have at times been convinced to write in first-person past-tense (as that is the style I'm using for the novel I've been tapping away at over the years) but that has been a rare occurrence over the past few years.

I've been role-playing between table-top, house rules, and free-form work since I was a wee bit younger than ten - going on just over a decade now.

Young buck that I am.

So I look forward to getting involved in some interesting role-plays, exploring my writing, getting to meet people, and write some awesome stories with others.
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! Your first impression was made excellent simply through effort, interest, and friendly conversational style. :)

We don't have an "official" style that we enforce hereabouts (we pretty much leave style, system, setting and the rest to each group or couplet of RPers that want to play together!), but third person is by far the most common and preferred by a large portion of the userbase.

What is your novel about? :)
Dat_Guy_Dingo Topic Starter

Vampires. The real ones, that don't sparkle.

And zombies.
Welcome Aboard Lad!

Happy to be aboard!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! :D So glad to see you're settling in so wonderfully! There's a ton of awesomeness going around on this site, I'm sure you'll find some new friends and folks to play with soon. :)

Also vampires and zombiieeeess aaaaahhhhh!!! <3
I like how you specified vampires that DON'T sparkle. That makes me grin. You should go watch the beginning of the first episode of hellsing ultimate abridged if you haven't seen it before. That should make you grin. Yes but welcome to the site and i personally hope you enjoy your time. And 10 years is a good bit of experience so i wouldn't personally call ya a young buck in terms of rping experience. Welcome good sir!
HibariHaru

Welcome to RPR, friend! Please enjoy your stay! :D
FroggyGurl

Dat_Guy_Dingo wrote:

And zombies.

Yay! Honestly, the sparkle part in Twilight was kind of ridiculous. I have to say, I regret reading the series. I can't wait to see your novel out! I currently have 8 ideas/books to write/think on right now.

Anyway, welcome to RPR! ^_^
Kim Site Admin

Dat_Guy_Dingo wrote:

And zombies.

Oh cool! Which country's vampire mythos are you drawing from? :D
Welcome to the site! :D

Thank you all, for the warm welcome, and kind words. I really look forward to getting more involved in the site and working with many of you to make interesting and fun stories.
Kim wrote:

Predominantly western European and a few less modern American ideas and stories, as well as digging into the classic Dracula-era (where media is concerned) for inspirations. All while adding my own twists and additions, because where's the fun in writing if you restrict yourself to other peoples' rules all the time?
Welcome to RPR! I hope you're enjoying the site so far :) I -love- vampires! Have you ever thought about doing NaNo?
Hi Welcome to the site, from one Dingo to another rofl.
Hi there, Welcome to Rpr.
Kim Site Admin

Dat_Guy_Dingo wrote:
Kim wrote:

Predominantly western European and a few less modern American ideas and stories, as well as digging into the classic Dracula-era (where media is concerned) for inspirations. All while adding my own twists and additions, because where's the fun in writing if you restrict yourself to other peoples' rules all the time?

Love it! :)
Welcome to RPR. Good to see another equally witty person XD
You certainly started at a young age. That is indicative of quite an imagination. As a child I roleplayed as make-believe and this was back in pre-school. :> Welcome to RPRepository though. I hope I feel just at home.
Welcome to RPR :D

Loved looking at your char - super cool inspiration for him too :D Woohoo! fellow fallout fan
Welcome to the site!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Something, something, creative title . . .

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus