Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Fugitives (1x1 Closed)

Erasai Hawke (played by kuroi_neko)

Erasai didn't know how to react... she just, reacted. "What the hell was that?!" she yelled, stumbling into the bathroom wall. She had never experienced anything like that, and she didn't know what to think. She looked around, and listened to him as he explained where they were.

"Jesus, you could warn me next time... before you do... that stuff. Whatever you did. What the hell did you do?" She stood up straight and dusted herself off.

"Obviously you aren't normal. Why are you here in this town?"
Jettikai (played by Jetticus) Topic Starter

Jett would lean up and take a big breath. "I'm here for reasons I'd rather not discuss, but I'm more interested in why you might be here or at least who we're running from?" Jett was perplexed as to why a military organization would want anything to do with a young girl. He saw what she did back in the alley so that was at least a clue, he figured she was an alien or some type or possible an experiment. "Thing is, I don't mind helping the innocent, but I want to know I can trust you and that you're not going to turn on me." Jett was more than sure he was okay, but he didn't want to help someone who didn't need or deserve it.

Erasai smirked. "So, you bring me here to this small area, with no one around, without knowing my intentions first? What if I was a super high tech government weapon that might lose control and instantly kill you?" She crossed her arms and sighed.

"I'm running from the government, as you obviously saw back there. But don't worry, it's for top secret reasons. I won't be killing you anytime soon though."

Jett was impressed with her sarcasm. "To be honest I went with my gut, but I could have flashed again and put you in a wall if you weren't nice." Jett would laugh, completely kidding of course. "Top Secret eh? Well I made a living in a former occupation of Top Secret, Covert, and Black Ops... but that is behind me now."

Jett would unlock the door, "I'm going to go borrow a car and then maybe we can make it to the country side. I figure it would be harder to be found if less people see you." Jett would still be short of breath, he didn't normally flash with someone with him and he wasn't sure if he could do it again anytime soon.

She may have asked why he didn't just do his little trick again, or why he hadn't just used it to take them even further away. But there was probably a reason, and she had learned quickly that asking too many questions could leave you in a bad place.

So she would just nod her head, still surprised that someone would just offer to take her out of the city, especially when the military was after her. She waited patiently where she was, when he left, leaning against the wall of the bathroom.

Jett would return a few minutes later. "Hey I got us a car, it's got a nice back seat and I am packing a blanket so you can hide for a few miles." Jett would say hopeful that she was ready to go. "Do you need anything else before we go?" Jett realized he hadn't really introduced himself, nor had he really given her any reason to really trust him. "I'm sure you're confused about some things... mainly the bathroom entrance, but that's what the car ride will be for." Jett would check his pack for a chocolate bar. He would find it and pull it out for her. "Taking candy from strangers isn't always a bad idea" Jett would wink and smile, "it's all I have food-wise right now, we can stop in a couple hundred miles." Jett was sincere, he had not food, except this chocolate bar.

"Oh, leaving this city sounds fantastic at the moment. A blanket to hide under would be nice too... I just might fall asleep. Just steer clear of the main roads. I'm sure there will be road blocks up. They aren't about to let me go so easily."

She looked around her, and then back to him. "I don't really have anything to take with me, so I guess I am ready to go." She would make her way to the door, and wait for him to make his way out.

"Okay then follow me." They would make their way to a decent sized SUV with the plates, "Icus". "Are you ready to get in? I'll turn on the heat and such to make sure you stay warm, if you need anything let me know..." Jett would open the door for his new companion and then get in the driver's seat himself and start the vehicle. It was really cold, being winter there was nothing else going on but the city lights would likely last for miles. "So tell me about yourself." Jett would wait til she got in and put the SUV in reverse.

She would slip into the back, and cover herself up. She would stay quiet for quite a while, and then give a sigh. "Can I say I'm just a girl? But, you wouldn't believe that, no?" She would shift slightly and then continue on. "I'm not going to tell you much, so don't expect it. All you really need to know is I'm being chased by the military for their own greed. But, other than that, I guess there really isn't much to tell. I was going to high school, but I don't think I will be doing that anymore."

She pulled the blanket down a bit. "What about you?"

"Well I'll tell you about the same til you trust me, so I can trust you." Jett was taken back by her reserve. "I'm a product of private military, doing more than the average human, now I'm a running man." Jett would drive the speed limit and working with the controls of the heat. "I'll believe what you tell me, what reason would you have to lie to me?" Jett would have a good chuckle while passing an authority, they would come up on a checkpoint for the authorities.

"The Military does all sorts of things," she would reply, and then shake her head. "I'm not lying about anything, I'm just not telling you about it. Believe me, some secrets should be kept. Just think of it as... making the journey a bit more interesting."

She would cover up again, and then, she said, "Just try to act normal... I think I heard them mention a second target... Hopefully it isn't you."

Jett would slowly pull into the Checkpoint and roll down the window. "Evening sir." he would say casually.

The officer would approach with his light blinding Jett with it. "Evening sir, can you tell me where you're headed?" He would flash his light to the back seat.

"Well sir, I'm headed out of town for some good ole nature." Jett would say candidly.

The officer would look at Jett very closely. "Okay sir can I ask you to step out of the vehicle?" He would step back from the vehicle. Jett would open the door slowly and climb out, after getting out of the vehicle he would tower over the young officer. "Is there a problem officer?"

The officer likely to be trying not to crap himself. "(clears throat) Well sir, we're on the look out for some fugitives. A man and a young girl."

Jett would act shocked, "I see, what did they do, if you don't mind me asking."

The officer would reply, "Well it's top secret sir."

Jett would reply, "I see well, if I see 'em I'll let you boys know."

Jett would get back into his vehicle as a second officer would approach them. "Be seeing you now." Jett would pull out of the checkpoint.

Soon lights would follow.

She looked up from the blanket when he got back into the vehicle. She sat up in the seat quickly, and looked through the back window. "Well, that's not good," she said, mostly to herself. She would look back to him, and frown. "Maybe you should go faster. I don't think they bought your little act."

She had been afraid of this. It probably would have been easier to leave if they had just walked through fields out of the city. But it was too little to late now.

"This was part of the plan, trust me on this one." Jett would quickly accelerate and then... begin to glow... Jett would glow brightly, a light green color. "Hold on, there's a hill up here." Jett would say in a serious excited tone. The car would speed down this road until it reached a hill and fly off hundreds and hundreds of feet into the air. Jett would begin to shake, "H----OLD... O----N!" Jett would just barely get out. The car would then begin to turn and move into the forested area off to the right. The car would begin to descend, "Okay it's going to get a bit bumpy from here on out." Jett would slowly lose his glow and the car would drop faster and faster... but not like it was falling. "I never was good at landing."

Erasai couldn't help but feel a weightlessness. That was probably because the car was descending. And that was something she wasn't used to at all.

"JESUS! What are you doing?!" she yelled, honestly thinking this was where she was going to die. Right now, she was sure her chances would have been better staying in the city. This guy was going to get her killed. She closed her eyes and braced for the worse.

"C'mon you little bastard..." Jett would get out obviously concentrating, when the car would slow it's decent just feet off the ground. "Here comes the landing!" The car would set down with a good bounce, but no damage would be done to the car or likely any passengers in it. "Well, that's one way to travel I suppose." Jett would get out of the car, look through the tree line, and listen as the sirens and lights would pass. "I don't think they accounted for flying cars...", Jett would say in obvious sarcasm, "...Phew!" Jett would let out a sigh of relief, sit back against the car and begin to breathe heavily... "Ever tried lifting a car? I'm sure it's hard... but doing it with your mind is astronomical..." Jett would give in to a laugh at his own expense.

Erasai threw herself out of the car when it landed, and stumbled around a bit, before she finally landed on her rear in the grass.

"What the hell was that?!" she shouted, falling back on her back and looking up at the sky. She was breathing heavily, trying to regain her composure. "Seriously... if there are any other tricks you can do. please warn me before you do them! I'm likely to have a heart attack before I even get to the next city!"

Jett would look up from his breathing, "Well... there are... a few more tricks... up my sleeve..." Jett would say feeling it very hard to breathe, "for one, I can concentrate and increase... my strength and speed." Jett would have demonstrated, but it would have likely knocked him unconscious... "I also can heal myself, that one is tricky though..." He would show her his side that had been injured when she last saw it. "If I do it wrong, I can make the wound considerably worse." Jett would stand up and walk over to the girl who was now laying on the ground. Jett would lay down in her vicinity, but not necessarily next to her. "The stars look so bright out here, don't they?"

She heard him stand, and walk. She didn't glance at him, when he laid down, and was kind of thankful he was still a distance away from her. She didn't reply to his comment right away. She just looked up at them, wishing that she could be as bright and free as the stars looked.

"I suppose," she would say, finally. "Don't over exert yourself. I can find ways out of tough situations as well, you know." This was true, but she really didn't like doing it. She found she hated using her powers, even when it was a dire situation. That wasn't to say she was stubborn about it. She knew, to survive, she would need to use it.

He would heed her words, "Yeah, I agree... I just planned on this from the start, I just had no idea that I would become so incredibly exhausted..." Jett would think for a moment..."So do you mind maybe telling me a little more about why we're running now?" Jett would smile for a second and laugh, "or do I have to fly away?" Jett had gotten her out of harm's way... he didn't know what else he could do for her, especially if she couldn't learn to trust him after the last hours... The sun would begin to come up over the horizon slowly... Jett was tired...

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Fugitives (1x1 Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus