Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Fugitives (1x1 Closed)

Jettikai (played by Jetticus)

Subject: Fugitives
The night air was cool in the city, and it was nearly quiet during the late hours; the only people out being the late night goers who enjoyed the bars and clubs. There was one particular thing that was out of place though. Military vehicles and troops were placed throughout the city. They were stationed at what appeared to be planned checkpoints.

Quick footsteps echoed lightly through the nearby alley, heavy breathing mixing in. A young female was dashing quickly down, as if running from something. Her long, abnormally orange hair drifted behind her, and her golden eyes searched from in front of her, to behind her, and back in front once again. She was still dressed in her school uniform, though it was far from obvious school had been out for quite a while.

Soon, she slowed her pace, coming to a stop as she leaned against a wall, taking deep breaths.

(posted by Erasai)
Jettikai (played by Jetticus) Topic Starter

A man walks down an alley after evading some agents. The man, having been exhausted from a weeks running with no sleep and a big fight, realized he was bleeding and leaned up against a dumpster in a dark alley to patch himself up. No major injuries, but still needing some rest.

He listens to the surrounding city, hearing it breathe through the young life walking the streets, smelling it eat as he caught the scent of the dumpster, and even seeing it bleed through the concrete that covered the ground weeds, already been sprayed, dying just after seeing the sun for the first time. He wanted to leave this place, but had no choice, laying low was the only option at this point.

He hears heavy breathing and running and then it stops. He leans out to see who it was, keeping his hand on his gun. He sees know one, but still hears the breathing... cautiously he leans back against the dumpster and waits for them to appear.
Erasai Hawke (played by kuroi_neko)

The girl steadied her breath, and shivered in the night air. It wasn't necessarily cold, but the sweat on her skin chilled her enough. She looked behind her, to make sure no one was following, and then sighed heavily. She pulled a hair tie from her wrist and put up her long hair into a pony tail. She glanced around again, before continuing down the alley.

It didn't dawn on her at first, when she passed the man by the dumpster, that there was someone in the alley with her. But when she did realize it, she went wide-eyed, and jumped back, looking at him for a moment.

She hesitated, and then started running again, as if the man was going to chase after her.

"Whoa! Calm down, are you okay?"

Jett slowly stood up while applying the already blood-soaked bandage to his side.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Are you in Trouble?"

She made no sign of trusting his words, or making to stop. At least, not until a large vehicle pulled to a stop, and an overhead light lit, blazing down on her. She shielded her eyes to see just what was in front of her. It was now obvious it was a military vehicle, and there were several men exiting.

"Target Alpha acquired in section Delta. Back up may be required, please send quick reinforcements." Said one man, talking into a radio.

The girl took a step back, and turned around completely, dashing back the opposite way. The men began to shout and follow in pursuit, the lead man stopping the moment he saw the male standing near the dumpster.

"Target Charlie acquired. We will definitely need back up." And the men continued their approach.

Jett seeing the young girl was in danger stood tall and ran full blast into one of the men shoving his head into the wall opposite of the wall he'd been leaning against.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" Jett roared in defense of the young girl.

Jett began to follow the men who had taken a lead on the girl, hoping to at least give her a chance get away. He felt the pain in his side get worse, but it wasn't his main concern, he felt in necessary to do what he felt was right over his own health. He gave chase wincing through his pain the whole way.

The girl had nearly stopped and turned when she heard the man shout, just wondering if he was really coming to her defense. She looked at the men, who were now turning on the man who seemed to be trying to help her. She could tell that he was injured, and she felt there was no way he was going to be able to take on all those men by himself.

She wasn't about to let him die, if he was trying to help her.

She raised her hand to her chest, feeling a warmth spreading through it. It almost felt like fire. A very faint, golden aura enveloped around her form, and she held up her hand, a sphere of light going from it, around the man and hitting the ground in front of the militia.

Debris would rise, hopefully giving the man time to hear her, and escape. "Don't be an idiot. You can't fight them all."

Jett would step back from the debris and the sphere only to look back to the girl.

"I'm giving you a shot to get away, I've taken on much worse, please don't worry about this old dog!"

Jett would then begin to glow with a green aura, charging his ki, he would then begin to heal and as the rag fell to the ground his wound would disappear slowly. Cracking the ground under him, he would then look back to the girl. The force of his ki would be strong and impacting her sphere, he would not aim to break it, but he would say...

"I don't know how you put this up, and I don't care! Take it down and run! These military types are all the same, I can handle 'em. You need to worry about you!"

Jett would then glow a bright green as he prepared to stomp some ass... or so he hoped he could.

Erasai frowned as she looked at him. She would give a sigh, and dropped her hand as the light faded. "As you wish," she said, turning quickly and running. She was not about to give help were it wasn't wanted, especially if it meant she might get away from these military thugs.

Jett would disappear from sight and grab the men and one by one throw them threw the doors of the military vehicle that had pulled up to the alley. "AND STAY IN THERE!" Jett would with his might rip the wheel off the vehicle and cram into the door and break any remaining hinges so that they couldn't get out.

Jett was now fearful that he'd been found out by the men chasing him in the first place and ran back into the alley and frantically climbed up the fire escapes to the top of the one of the buildings looking for a place to run to, unsure of where to head at this point.

Erasai had continued running for a few blocks, before stopping to catch her breath again. She was sure to check behind everything in the alley, just to make sure there wasn't anyone hiding their ready to surprise her. She recalled the man from before, and had almost been convinced he had been apart of the military, but he had attacked the other men who had come. It didn't really make sense to her; unless he was part of a mercenary group that wanted to take credit for turning her in.

She sighed, shaking her head, deciding it best to forget about the person. She had to focus on what she was going to do now... where she was going to go.

Jett began vaulting from building to building, and was putting the military men in the distance. He was doing great, but then he started to wonder about the girl, he thought about getting at least ten blocks away before looking for her, if he was caught he wasn't going to be much of use, he ran the ten blocks on the tops of buildings, keeping his footing barely in some situations. He paused for a break, jumping building to building after getting in two fights today, he was exhausted... he need to rest, so he started looking from the rooftops to see if he could see a military vehicle or groups of men of the girl he'd run into not too long ago.

As she stood there, she began to wonder. How had the military come to this city, as if they knew that she was here? Had someone recognized her, and tipped them off? She let out a groan of frustration. Just when she had been getting comfortable in this place, she would have to run again.

The groan would echo through the alley, but just slightly, so only someone close by might hear her.

Jett would hear a faint groan, it was female in nature. He would look down to one of the alleys he'd been hopping over and would see the young girl again. Jett would proceed to climb down the side of the building and attempt to walk up to her. "You okay?"

For a moment, she wasn't sure what to think. She looked at him, almost wondering if it was the same man from before. How had he caught up so quickly?

"Why are you here, again?" she asked, taking a step back. "If those military men show up again, I'll take you down with them too... That would only mean you work for them."

She was careful not to get into the view of the street.

"I don't know who those men are, and I don't care!" Jett would say in sincerity. "I just wanted to make sure you got away. If you don't want my help, I'm gone." Jett would stand there momentarily to see if the startled woman would be ready to run with him, or try and pick a fight. He would hope she'd follow or at least run in another direction.

She looked at him for a moment, studying him to see if he was truly being sincere with his words. She seemed less tense after a moment, and then closed her eyes, giving another sigh. Then her golden eyes looked to him again, and she inquired, "Are your wounds still bad? I noticed them earlier."

Jett was definitely intrigued by the hue of her eyes. "Uh... No, I'm fine just had to take care of them. Most I can say is that I'm a little tired." Jett would look down at her again, "Do you still want, or need my help?" Jett would think for a moment. "I know a place we can hide."

She looked from him, to the area behind her. She could either decline his help, keep running, and risk being found; or she could go with him, hide for a while, and risk being found. No matter how she looked at it, she was risking things either way.

"Right then. I guess you should lead the way." She rubbed her arms for a moment, and held out her hand to him. "I'm Erasai, by the way."

Jett would watch her look around and hesitate, he understood the hesitation, but wasn't really sure they had time for it.

"Right, I'm Jett, let's get out of here." Jett would grab her hand, as long as he were allowed to, and in a flash of light they would appear inside a beat up hotel lobby bathroom. "Sorry about the location, but if we appeared in the lobby, we might have issues." Jett would lock the bathroom door, look in each of the stalls and find they were uninhabited. "We're in a hotel on the opposite side of town. We're also safe, now tell me what is going on." Jett would lean over in obvious exhaustion, the flash took a bit out of him with another person along for the ride.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Fugitives (1x1 Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus