Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » First, a hello.

G_Candell

That's how it works, right?
Sanne Moderator

Yes! :) But we all love reading very much, so don't be afraid to tell us a lot about yourself. :D So welcome to the site! Where are you from and what do you enjoy RPing the most?
Kim Site Admin

It's a start! :) Seconding Sanne's curiosity about you. What brings you to our corner of the internet? Can we be helpful as you settle in to the site? :)
G_Candell Topic Starter

You'll understand that - this being the internet and all - I won't be divulging much about myself for any reason, though the warm welcome is well received and much appreciated. That said, I enjoy a range of writing activities, role playing being one of them. I find it helps me solidify ideas and I enjoy the act of helping people do the same. I like being involved in most everything - from playful fantasy to dystopian futures to more plot-driven taboos. If possible, I try to steer clear of things that are based on already functioning worlds, whereas starting from scratch and breaking conventional methods really is a thrill for me. Though I sometimes enjoy a good medieval plot, I stray from it easily since I've been down that road more times than most others and I've accomplished most of what I'd like to accomplish in that genre. Anyhow, that's my rp-self in a nutshell. Nice to meet you!

Oh, and to answer what brought me here: A shot of scotch spilled on my couch. True story.
Welcome!
How exactly did spilling scotch correlate with registering for an online RPing site? XD
G_Candell Topic Starter

I took it as a sign. Something so deeply tragic must, in it's turn, have a silver lining. I chose this place to be that lining. I'd found the site some time back but hadn't had cause to sign up. I now have cause. Pleasure to meet you.
Kim Site Admin

I love that story, confusing as it may be! And that is a fine introduction, indeed. Of course we don't need to know truly personal information about you to write wonderful stories together. :)
G_Candell Topic Starter

Thank you. I look forward to it.
Welcome to RPR! :) I hope you're enjoying the site so far :D
Gingerchabi22

hi welcome to the site hope you have a fab time here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
G_Candell Topic Starter

Graci, Gingerchabi22. Much appreciated.

I am, actually. Still browsing, getting my bearings and all that. Trying to decide what sort of character scope I want to start with. This can take a bit, for me. But in the meantime I'm pleased at the activity and the design. All top notch in my opinion. Love the digital/slash medieval coat of arms. Really sells the vibe. If you don't hear from me for a day or two, I'm likely just trying to tie up a good bio.

If it should take longer than that, please have someone feed Snowball. And stay out of my cellar. Thanks.
Hello and welcome! :)
Kim Site Admin

G_Candell wrote:
But in the meantime I'm pleased at the activity and the design. All top notch in my opinion. Love the digital/slash medieval coat of arms. Really sells the vibe.

This is thrilling for me to hear. :)
HibariHaru

"Hey there." A young girl approached you and smiled. "Welcome to RPR, newbie."
Welcome to rpr and let me know if y k u need anything.
G_Candell Topic Starter

~
He smiled in return, almost instinctively. The face which framed his lips was grizzled, his eyes softer than the nature of the beast. It had been several ages since he'd been called anything close to a newbie. It tickled him, in that flighty sort of way that comes from emotions a hardened agent of the law shouldn't still possess. "Thanks," was all he could reply to the girl before him. His voice was husky and deep despite his slender frame. "A pleasure."
~

Will do, Link. Will do. Pleasure to meet you.
Hiya! welcome to the site! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » First, a hello.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus