Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Galaxy Wide

Ketin Clarke (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The boy's gaze followed the woman's as she looked up to the imposing Maxsoni building with a vague sense of wonder about it. He seemed to be impressed, at least to some small extent, by basically everything.
"Ooh." He breathed lowly, as she explained.
"Nobility, huh? I'm gonna' guess that you're not nobility, you're much too pleasant." he smiled cheerfully. What a nice way to say 'you look poor because you're nice!' "Seems kinda' silly to me though, to restrict something like that to the fancyfolk. I mean, there can't be that many of them - why would they need a whole train?" The words were not spoken critically, but rather lightheartedly. What did he have to criticize?

Again, without meaning to, Kete glanced to Maxsoni Towers. When he looked back to the woman, she was explaining that she had to get on with her business.
Except now Kete had a slightly better idea of what her business might be - thanks to that nifty little wristwatch she had.

It was not merely the ability to read the electronic signals of the brain that Kete's eye provided - it was also capable of the manipulation of those electronic currents.
Not within the brain, of course - he had no power over a sentient mind, since they were vastly too complex to be tampered with even if he tried. Just as he was connected to a network of minds that all linked back to him, he was a part of the devices around him, a part of the Aethernet itself, in a way - it would have been no great difficulty for him to start sending bad jokes and pictures of cats to Nirix's fancy wristwatch. It also wouldn't have been hard to overload the thing - a simple redirection of the static current that existed within space at any given time. (The ability was, really, less powerful than one might have imagined. It was only good for subtle changes or total overloads - but also looking. It was very good for looking.)
Kete had caught a small part of whatever bit of data had caused that beep. Theoretically he could have accessed more, but that would have taken effort, and thusly it would have been invasive and rude. That little scrap of data however, those couple kilobytes, they had simply been picked up, like seeing something out of the corner of your eye. Nothing he could do about it - I wasn't looking, I just saw!
Though there was still no way he could understand the exact nature of the woman's business, it now seemed slightly more interesting - that was about the extent of his little discovery here.

"Well, nice meeting you- w-huh?" Her offer caught him by surprise. Ears perked, and it took a short moment for him to reply. When he did, it was with a slight raised-hands gesture and a vague splash of pink across his face. "Oh, hah~ No, that's okay, I just haven't gotten around to getting lunch yet." He explained, "But thanks for the- Hey watch out!!"

He had seen the other boy coming of course, but there was no need to look, or even acknowledge his presence nearby - that is, until Kete noticed out of the corner of his mental eye that a specific pair of lookers was moving intently toward them, accompanied by a matching sense of intent. While Kete could not comprehend someone's thoughts, he could gauge their emotions and intents - the latter was especially effective when paired with the eyes of both parties, coordinating possible future movements. He knew by seeing himself through the eyes of the other that someone intended to do /something/ to /someone/ very close - and since there was no anger it probably wasn't going to be violent.

But the boy tripped on something and went careening toward the ground. If only he had noticed it sooner! But that would require paying attention.
So Kete was too late to really help, yet still he shouted his warning - to whoever he was warning - and tried to catch the boy as he fell.
This only resulted in the two of them going down together in something of a crumpled heap.
Uncoordinated and flustered, Kete flailed about some until he was able to maneuver himself into an upright position - where he would sit on the sidewalk for a moment - sputtering as he scrambled about; "Hey, are you okay? What's bad, are you hurt?"

As a side note, in the back of his mind he /was/ still watching the woman. If she decided to slip off during the bit of commotion caused by this other clumsy kid, she wasn't going to lose him.
Colin Krato (played by Meepstr1118)

Colin sighs and sits up. "Y-Yeah, sorry. I tripped over my own foot. I'm not joking, I'm a complete klutz." Colin glanced at Nirix and thought to himself. 'that has to be her. There's no way they're not'
The events that transpired before her were a blur of clumsy movements and missteps, things that Nirix had avoided by a making a simple light step to her right. She blinked, suddenly confused by what appeared to be an clumsy accident but yet the human who was eagerly staring at her told her otherwise.

"Is everyone alright?" She asked, voice holding a twinge of concern for the both of them. Their collision wasn't too rough, from what Nirix had observed, and she hadn't seen any slight of hand during the accident that could suggest the human was trying to pickpocket her newly acquired acquaintance. So what was up with this seemingly harmless exchange? Could it have been just a mere accident?

Turning to the Fox half breed, Nirix cocked her head to the side, eyes now watching him expectingly.
"Da'len? Will you be alright until I return?" She questioned, not really wanting to leave but not wanting to keep her contact waiting for too long. The human wasn't known for his great deal of patience, he had nearly exploded at his assistant for bringing in the wrong wine five minutes late when Nirix had first agreed to take care of his target. But he would have to wait for now, until she felt fine with the situation at hand.

"Yeah, I guess so." Kete said, almost absently - he was giving the boy a look of perplexity now, one ear perked while the other lay down. It was clear that his new friend had no idea the identity of this clumsy boy.
He glanced between the two for a quick moment, giving the Eoclu the same look - though with a bit more perk to it. "Wai- return? Oh, yeah I'll be fine." He said, giving a cheery, reassuring smile, and at last getting back to his feet - leaning a little to the side before gaining his balance again. The woman intending to seek him out again after her business was concluded had taken him by pleasant surprise - though he was still somewhat skeptical.

Or, perhaps he was entirely oblivious? In all reality, that was more likely.

Following that, he would extend a hand to the boy still on the ground. "What're you in such a rush for, anyway?" Kete asked curiously, keeping one metaphorical eye on the Eoclu's metaphorical eyes, dedicating some of his focus to keeping her view clear in his head.

Fifty feet wasn't a terribly great distance, but it was usually distance enough. Whatever that strange feeling in his gut was, Kete was going to get it straight.

But then - if this kid had some business with the Eoclu, then /he/ might insist on following - that would make Kete's curiosity that much easier to satiate.
The, 'I'm coming to you' scared him and the boy kept on backing away. The 'thing' or andalite as it was calling itself, was bigger than him and when they got closer he could note that the blue skin wasn't the only weird feature of the creature: they seemed somewhat resembling to a centaur - a creature from the Greek mythology. But how? Could aliens really exist?

The German stumbled on some branches as he was backing away. Panicked, he ended up with his back against a tree, unsure on wether or not he should try to make a run for it. Alhough, even if he was fast, the creature did have a horse-like set of legs, so if they knew how to use them, they'd most likely be able to catch up to him if he tried running... He was done for...

"P-Please don't e-eat me....." he whimpered, petrified against the tree.
Andalites (played by ThatAndalite)

The andalite stood nearby once the other said "please don't eat me." Honestly, if he knew how to laugh, he would! That was funny!

The mouthless centaur-shaped thing brought his main eyes' lower lids up, another sort of andalite smile that was common amongst his race. <You are quite silly! Andalites eat grass, not people,> he replied, opening his eyes afterwards. He swayed his tail gently, pleased by the other's humor. Or was he joking? The andalite couldn't tell.

<Would you be more comfortable with me in a different form? I may morph a gedd, if that would make you more comfortable. I just wouldn't suggest watching me as I do so.>
"Like.... Like horses? ... Do you eat hay? And... carrots?" The boy wasn't really all that sure if he should be asking anything at all. Maybe they were nice now but if he would offend it, the blue creature would stomp all over him and kill him... Shoot. Maybe they found horses to be very offending and rasist? He was in trouble now

For some reason though, he wasn't as tence anymore. There was something that made him feel at least a little bit at ease, but not fully. He was still rather petrified when it came to moving

And apparently the creature was capable of shapeshifting too; maybe they are actually ugly big headed octopus monsters with huge sharp teeth and they smell bad? Oh heavens.
The boy covered his face with his hands.

"No. No more weird things. Please?"

<No, I don't eat hay and carrots; I prefer plain grass,> the andalite replied, still watching the other with his main eyes. The whole horse thing didn't offend him, honestly, he didn't even know what a horse was to begin with.

Or carrots, either. And hay.

<What are horses and carrots and hay?> asked the alien.
Colin Krato (played by Meepstr1118)

Mercury comes running and falls over me. "Damn it Mercury... S-Sorry... This is my android." I stand up and said android gets up and stands behind me, a couple inches taller.
Mad Ranger - CL (played by FALLEN_)

Taking a deep breath inside the canopy, the Ranger took a brief moment to recover from the possible ambush, something the Masked Man were accustomed to. The uncountable blast marks and scrapped frame of his fighter's thick hull made a clear signal to previous encounters of this nature. Diving his arm deep into a socket into the cockpit, the Ranger drew a drawer-like compartment, smelling of rust and gunpowder.

And there it was, his personal favorite; Lucian Defender HVEC Anti Personnel Handgun. It felt like a Revolver, it worked almost like a Revolver. It was the technically hindered Eridanus Supervoid-Border Community equivalent to the good 'ole Remington 1875. The only difference is that no kid or nameless men would ever need to reload the hyper accelerated tungsten pellets for a whooping hundred 'o blasts.

Grasping unto the only thing worth to be called his "friend", the Mad Ranger squeezed his way out of the canopy, kicking the shutter's airlock above him a couple of times, until it's safety tethers let out a heavy snap, popping the door open instantly. Stretching his arms and legs before setting himself out of the door, the Ranger only have started to feel the difference in gravity from the space to this planet. Clumsily climbing into the canopy's external side, he attempted a rather awkward plunge into the ground, 16 feet below, falling miserably unto his back...

Despite the loud, cursing scream that came out from the mask, no ribs or femours were broken in this scene. Space really took it's toll on his body...
"Umm...." the moy started "Horses are, like... Animals...." He had no idea how he should explain it. What if the blue centaur had never even seen anything that Toffi would call an animal, or what it would be calling an animal. It was complicated and he was getting nervous...

"Carrots... Ummmmm....... They are shaped like this.." The boy drew a triangle resembling a carrot in the air with his finger, trying to keep it 'as typical as it could be'. "They are orange and... and.... They're good..? And hay is the yellow stuff that grows on the fields?" He had pretty much never visited a barn or a farm or anything much - at least with 'logic' and the general work in mind - so he wasn't all too clear on wether it was just that simple or if he should be saing more

[ Someone ambush the ranger! It'll be fun~ ]
CD-407B (played anonymously)

The droid peaked itself out of the bushes and watched as the man came tumbling down out of the spacecraft. it gave a scan which emitted a neon grid that swiped from head to toe giving basic data and the current damage report to their body. No damage was their but an unmeasurable amount of Vertigo or something had overtaken the mans body and so the droid stepped up to the man, and quickly injected the man with a relaxant that allowed the muscles and veins to expand and calm down, easing the pain that the man might be processing at the time. The droid watching over the man who had just ejected himself from the crash had responded to the relaxant he just gave the man "please allow at least 5 minutes of rest for your vertigo to cease" the droid told Mad Ranger "I have given you a relaxant, allowing your muscles and veins to expand and calm" and the droid remained on standby

[EDIT] (Drat. Disregard this, I'll rewrite it later or something. I'd written an ambushing of the Ranger but you got to it first X3)

[haHA...]

[Wanna get me in trouble, ain't you, reima? Bring it~! :V]

"Unregistered chemical detected." -- That's the only thing the Ranger could hear as soon as the droid's syringe pierced his blood stream. "No simulated known harmful effects."

Struggling to recover himself from both the fall and the gravitational vertigo, the Masked Man limped backwards, failing to keep a steady aim at whatever had just approached him. The tranquilizer, however, appeared to mess up with his sense in some sort of way...

"... T-The heck d-did you... !"

While the Ranger didn't sustain any damage to the fall, the data that CD retrieved from his basic anatomy were rather... Interesting. This one fellow in gas mask had no arms, at least, not biological. While very concealed by his thick trenchcoat and inner Niobium-Titanium armor, his upper limbs were replaced with top-of-the-line engineered, combat prosthesis.

As a confused Ranger was about to blast an easily missed shot towards the droid, his survival instincts kicked in. It was an humanoid war machine, if that thing wanted had any hostile intentions, the Ranger would have been long history.
But, maybe, capturing, could be an option. Still...

Not able to compose his strength, the man consequently went down to his knees. The mask hissed loudly, like how was he breathing under the tranquilizer's effects.

"W-Who the <beep> s-sent you, machine... ?!"

The Droid approached the Ranger and gripped his shoulders and forced him to sit down "I have been sent by no body, I simply was orbiting your moon for some time now, I have forgotten to record the amount of time I had been up there." the droid turned around scanning the surrounding area as well as the scrapped metal and broken spacecraft. "My masters originally had built me to fight in the great war but I could not comply as my transport had been shot down just outside your orbit, and I was caught by your moon." the droid took a second to rip a data core out of the damaged spacecraft "If calculations serve correct and your soil does not tell me otherwise, I have been orbiting around your moon for 3000 of your rotations around your sun. My war is over, and my masters most likely dead" he claimed and plugged himself into the data core afterwards giving a slight pause then throwing the core aside "your species technology has advanced as far as my masters had predicted, your weapon is of no threat unless it was overclocked, even then I would receive minimal damage from such primitive weaponry"
Migi (played by YourFace)

[sorry I'm late, I hope it's okay to join this late into the game :P]
[Careful, I use the IPA to help with pronouncing names and such. If you can't read it, or don't know what it is, look up "International Phonetic Alphabet."]

Migi sat on the edge of the cliff. He had been waiting for someone, but they had not arrived. He had been sitting in that spot, waiting, for about three hours now.

"God damnit, where is she? I thought I asked her to meet me here at 1300h. It's 1500h now. Sheesh!"

The person he was waiting for was his friend, Nyho:we (pronounced /ɲʰɔ:we/). He was thinking of confessing his lover to her on a cliff, which he thought was the most romantic way to do it.

Migi, being saddened by the fact that she never arrived, and thinking his feelings were one-way, decided to leave and go back home.

--at 1800h, Back home, in Migi's bedroom--

"what seems to be troubling you?" said Þŏrne, his talking dagger. No-one could explain the fact that his dagger talked. Migi in particular seems to think it's sorcery, but Þŏrne claims it's "science beyond human comprehension."

"I'm worried that Nyho:we might not return my feelings. I asked her to see me at the cliff, but she never even came!"

"I'm sorry, but I'm a dagger. I'm a master at killing things, not diagnosing people's love lives. I'm sorry about that--"

Suddenly, a loud crash could be heard just outside of Migi's room. It was really loud, so it must have been a big one.

Migi left the house to investigate the crash site.
What he saw was a golden cube, with writings in an unknown language written across it. On one side, there was a hatch. Migi, being the curious boy he is, opens the hatch, to find a bluish, slim looking figure sitting in the seat, reading the glowing screens in front of it.
Eventually, the thing found out that someone had opened it's hatch, and looked back at Migi.

"ngóotrhemm jhneette." said the blue creature. "Bišittemm yojhneette?"

Migi, not knowing what the thing said, replied back in his native language. "goši, nupavœvi sitŭv glotak bitaz." ("Sorry, I don't speak your language." It literally translates as "mercy, not-speak-[active-present-perfect-indicative] me-[nominative-male] language-[genitive-neuter] you-[possessive-neuter]." Yes, I am a conlanger.)

The thing seemed to have a device that automatically deciphers new languages, because the thing replied in Migi's language:

"But I can speak yours."

[leaving it off at a cliffhanger for now, since I need a break from writing this thing]

[..is it.. an ANDALITE?]

[EDIT: Stupid me, andalites don't speak with their mouths as described.]

Slowly regaining his strength, the Ranger took one last deep breath, emphasized by his gas mask, before standing once again on his feet, as he slowly holstered his Handgun away.
"I'd rather not talk about weaponry with a war machine, am I clear...?"

What the Droid could do of harm in his state, anyway? His AI, apparently, showed a simple corruption in his memory banks. Maybe such War were still raging, but at least, he could the Droid knew what to shoot and what not to. Along with these, varied thoughts about CD's origin wandered in the Masked Man's mind.
Turning the back on his new, unusual acquaintance, the Ranger proceeded hastily towards the lower parts of his fighter, right below it's landing bipods, as he began to check for any sort of damage from the rough landing.

"You're corrupted!" -- The man shouted from the spacecraft. "Your data system must have been damaged or something in combat, tin-man."

"My data is not wrong, 3000 revolutions around your earth, from the moons orbit, as well as having never entered combat the way I was meant to" The droid said as it dropped the fighters data core to the ground. It walked over beside the ranger and scanned the craft "It has suffered severe damage from both heat of reentry as well as collision with debris from my crashed ship. You were lucky to escape with your life" the droid then stuck it's hand out and rammed it into the craft removing a gyro "I believe this is still functional, if you were wanting to salvage pieces for your next craft spacer" he announced holding the small gyro out to the ranger.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Galaxy Wide

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus