Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Galaxy Wide

Kampfer (played by maxd234)

A Z-bot commander rushed into the command center. Kampfer didn't notice the bot come since is paying more attention studying the regional map."sir, I have for you" he said with slight nervousness in his voice. Kampfer looked up and said to him "Spit it out,vhat is it?"

"Uhh..we have detected a faint beacon coming from a jungle, here" he responded as he switched the regional map to the global map and pointed towards the beacon. Kampfer put both hands on the table looking at the beacon,thinking. He looked back up at the commander and said "Send out a extraction team, if zis beacon has has information about vhat has happened on zis planet zen I vant to know" Kampfer straighten up and continued "Keep me up dated on zis"

"Yes sir" said the commander with a little of enthusiasm. Only an hour later a five man extraction team soon got on the drop ship, a long grey ship with three engines each on its side which enable it to not only fly like a plane but can hover over an area as well. Another hour went by as the drop ship soon approached the jungle region trying to track the faint beacon.

"We are soon approaching the zone of extraction" said the pilot. "Alright,lock an load people, there's a lot unknown factors we gotta keep in mind" said the squad leader. "Oh come on sarg, it's a simple extraction, we go in take whatever it maybe and leave,easy-peesy" replied one of the squad members. "We'll do come crying to me if you get yourself full of holes, private 28" replied the sargeant. "Oh come on sarg, cut 28 some slack, his still green you know" replied another squad member "well the more he knows the better he'll be off,corporal 132" replied the sarg with an irritated look in his face.
"We are coming over the beacon now,get ready to drop" yelled the pilot to the squad. All the members got up and approached the opening door on the back of the ship. Ship was hovering over some dense brush unable to see the ground, only the leafs of the trees. The sargeant ordered "let's jump, men" as was the first to jump from the drop ship to ground a couple hundred feet below. As the sargeant lanes his fellow squad mates arrived soon after. Only private 28 landed on his butt. The sergeant came over and give him a hand getting up and said "this is no time sit on your butt and play with dirt we got a job to do" They all took out there advance and durable auto laser rifles from over there shoulders and started to look for the beacon. "Man I wish we didn't wear these damn black trench coats" the private complained but the corporal replied "well without those then you have nothing defend yourself against guns and energy burns"
"SHUTUP ladies" snapped the sargeant. "There's our beacon" he pointed at the war droid with the flashing light. "That's were the beacon was comin from" the private said in surprise. "Yup" replied the corporal. "Pilot, through down the tether cable, we are bring the package to you, it's a combat droid on standby" the sargeant ordered the pilot and signal the other two Z-bots to secure it. The other three with weapons still drawn with private saying "I hope nothing bad happens..."
Christofer would follow the other person, half blindly not even considering tht it might be a trap. He was too tired for it... And really, the ginger didn't seem that bad. If he was going to be betrayed then it'd just show how good of an actor Kete was, to slightly hallusinating people.

Toffi didn't really think too much of the water either, but he did try to smell it - just to make sure that it was indeed clean. And oh boy, was it clean. People can sometimes be made happy by simple things, and for now, Christofer was feeling like the happiest man on Earth after having gotten something for his thirst. The slight suspicion returned however, when he was reminded that he wasn't alone, by the strange person talking.

"No.... I don't know... I'm lost... Where am I?" the boy would ask, tilting his head in confusion. Although he felt better, he would still appreciate some sleep. Christofer would be able to focus a bit better on the moment though and tried to understand something of his surroundings. "Do you know where is the closest military cantonment? They might know me" he'd ask, hoping that this strange 'cosplayer' would at least know someone else that did

He had pretty much already forgotten about the whole strange aircraftsomething thing that had taken over the sky
Mad Ranger - CL (played by FALLEN_)

There wasn't much to say to Kallenger. She looked even more confused than the Ranger at that point, but something that really caught his attention was how unaware she was about who she was talking with. Obviously, the whole nuclear device transportation story was an half-crapped bluff and by that time, she would be interrogating him about all the kinds of atrocities an undercover government official could milk from an interstellar nuclear terrorist.

But she didn't. Whatever was the Agent's mission, it appeared to be far more critical than the Ranger's presence on this planet. There was an android claiming to be over three millenia old, after all. Despite the lack of hostile intentions of the agent, the Masked Man kept his hands at the revolver on his holster at all times, even though he could be mown down into minced meat by the battalion surrounding him.

Only these words would spurt from under the mask: "Likewise." And there was not even enough time enough for him to recollect his thoughts and measure how much money he had already lost in this fruitless expedition as ANOTHER aircraft descended into the area. The Ranger didn't gave two craps about how ominous it looked like as he instantly drew his Revolver towards it, the best he could do. There was no space to reasoning in this planet since everything that dropped from the sky just wanted to haphazardly blast everything as far as the eye could see.

As the duo fearlessly approached, despite their comments, the Masked Man slowly started to unfocus his eagle-eye, rock-steady aim from the forehead of the-- Wait, how in the actual <beep> they knew his "nickname"?!

"I'm hungry, bankrupt, 'outta 'o ammo and I don't even have an honest way of getting out of this freaking planet... At least you could tell me WHO'S you're working for and HOW did you find out about me."

But just after that, the Ranger noticed the eeriness of the man's eyes. The dullness of his expression in the current situation paired with his eyes and edgy - to the Ranger's standards - fashion already gave off what kind of person that man really was. And the Masked Man had a bad feeling about that.
Ketin Clarke (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The duo did not appear the least bit fazed by the weapon aimed steadily at them – almost as if they were beyond such concerns or dangers as weapons or bullets. They had a dreamlike air about them – they were very real, that much was certain, but they seemed so impassive, observing everything that happened with interest but no real concern, no urgency. The remnants of the absolute chaos which had just passed didn’t bear a second glance – though the girl did for a moment seem distracted by the android’s wreckage.

The man with the terrible eyes gave a little half smile. His voice, though dry and with little tone variation – all in all did not seem terribly ominous. It was an interesting contrast to his general appearance. He looked like a man with secrets, with a web of lies and deceits that spanned the Galaxy wide. Surely every word he said must be calculated and precise in an attempt to lie and manipulate those around him.

However when the Ranger had finished and he replied, the tone was quite frank and entirely un-dramatic. Astoundingly casual. Still precise, but due to a natural intelligence present there. He lacked any real, definable accent.

“That’s more than fair.” He said, “My name is Aelyn-Paeryc Petrovalyc, this is my wife Alexa.” He nodded his head to the side, toward the girl. “We don’t work for anyone, though I do have a rather extensive network of employees.” He nodded in the general direction of ‘up’, where ‘up’ was dominated by the impossibly large structure. “I captain the Stella Viventium. Good ship.”

Then Aelyn-Paeryc paused for a moment, and looked thoughtful. “As for how I know about you, well…” And the terrible eyes again returned to attention. “Honestly I’m not entirely sure. Mostly rumors and stories I suppose – someone in, ah, my position tends to hear a lot of stories. Like how you killed your platoon in cold blood, or you’re a ruthless bounty hunter, or a time traveler from The Earth, or that you can shoot lasers from your eyes. All sorts of things though I wouldn’t claim certainty as to which of them were true.”

“You’re something of a boogeyman.” Alexa piped in, “But more oriented toward adults than children. Personally I didn’t think you even existed at all until a few hours ago.”

They did not seem quite friendly, they certainly didn’t seem harmless – but there was no open hostility either. If they were manipulating the situation they were doing so with incredible subtlety.

“At any rate,” Aelyn-Paeryc continued, “If you’d like to help us out a little I’d be more than happy to get you set up with some food and ammunition. Could bum a ride too if you wanted, there should be enough room in there.” He glanced back as if to assess the possibility, but didn’t seem to come to any useful conclusion in the couple of seconds before once more looking back toward the Ranger looking like had suddenly gotten an idea. “In fact, if that’s a forty-four I could spare a few rounds now, though I’d understand if you were too weary to let me go reaching into my coat like that. It looks like you’ve been having more than your fair share of big-irons drawn on you.”

Once again, Special Agent Royanna Kallenger found herself trekking silently through the jungle with her twenty soldiers ghosting around her. They had made some good distance before the long, grey dropship went soaring over them – more than far enough from the Ranger that he and the two strangers would have occasion to see it. The ship barely warranted a second glance to Kallenger, however. She pinged her men to ignore it and keep moving. Whatever it was, it wasn’t Devil Eye, and that was what they were here for, nothing else. Ideally they would be able to avoid any more confrontation with various militant units, particularly those obnoxious cyborg women with their pretentious Alliance, or Empire or conclave or whatever.

And so that’s what she did. Disconnecting herself and her team from any potential further distractions, she sneaked unseen away from the silver dropship and crew, away from the droid, away from the Ranger, and toward the park that bordered Earth City, where she might finally be able to get a bearing on where she was and if her target might still be around.

“Yeah, you look better already.” Kete said, as though answering a question that nobody had asked. He stood, in all his shortness, rocking back and forth a little on his heels with the boundless energy he seemed to retain…Managing, luckily, to fall well short of hyperactive. He was annoying, but it could be worse.

Then he looked thoughtful. He glanced around the park. “I think this is North Park.” He said, “Which I’m pretty sure is ironically on the south border of the city.” But his new friend’s expression didn’t make him seem satisfied with the answer. “Earth City.” He clarified, without the need for being asked. “Planetary Capitol of the Morova system’s ‘Earth IV’. At least, I think it’s four. I always get confused with the different Earths. What are there, six of them now?” He asked nobody in particular. “You must be really lost if…”

His ears perked again, he raised a brow. “Military cantonment?” He repeated. “What’s a ‘cantonment’?” Whether or not he received a prompt answer, the boy would continue, thoughtfully. “Hmmmh…No, can’t say I could point you toward any army bases or anything. Heck I’m not even totally sure of who’s territory this planet falls under, but I don’t really keep up with all of that.”

He could feel the confusion in this newcomer. He felt…misconception. Frankly it was interesting.
CD-407B (played anonymously)

The distress signal from Bravo's old communicator eventually reached other channels, like a virus, though selective, kept travelling to separate private, or military channels cycling itself to make sure it was heard by someone, if not everyone. Though Bravo was in standby mode a phrase in the signal repeated over and over again, encrypted but it was there none the less, and it was "Hunt, or be hunted" and it kept repeating, over and over again nonstop with his coordinates stashed with that same phrase every time it played. So Bravo just sat, and waited.
The boy was confused. He tilted his head at the whole 'North-South, South-North' park things. What was this stupid town? Everything was mixed and you weren't even allowed to take naps. At least his current 'companion' seemed to have more energy than they'd be able to share. It made Toffi wonder: did anyone ever listen to this guy?

"H-Huh? Earth City? But......" Christofer became even more confused. "But that sounds so stupid. Why would anyone name a place like that?" He sighed. It wasn't going to help. He wouldn't be able to navigate his way through the country with just the town's name. In the end, there existed some strange towns like Batman, Nokia and Hell out there. "Ok... Ok... What nation is this then? The USA, Canada, France? Certainly doesn't seem like Germany to me" the English language threw most of the other counties out of the list of possibilities anyway - one most certainly being France, but the German didn't care

The next words were going to make his 'angry confusion' revert back to just confusion.
"...... What? Earth IV? WHO would name their nation like that? Is this another one of those stupid American holidays? Not to say that I think they're 'stupid', I quite like Halloween, but still..." The boy looked down. He was so lost now...

He didn't really even get to the military part, but he was already starting to miss his comrade again. Things here were a bit too strange for him

"Uhh.. The law says that no-one specific is allowed to own the Earth or any other planet. What are you talking about..?" He didn't want to go and outright call Kete weird, but he was starting to get a slight 'crazy' wibe from him. The boy backed away, slowly and slightly hunched over, arms on level with his chest, hands a bit bent...
He would have ran away after gaining enough distance - most likely only a few meters - but his legs stumbled into something that was behing him and the German fell face first to embrace the ground

"SIR! We have call for you" exclaimed the Z-bot has it came running down into the command center. Kampfer was looking at the computer, turned around and took the communicator from the bot. "Yes, vhat is it?" he said. On the other line was the sergeant from the extraction team, "Sorry my Lord for calling but we are having problems with this droid, we can't turn it off the beacon or can't get it power down. Plus we have lots of activity in the area"

Kampfer thought about the situation. He gestured the Z-bot to put there position on the monitor. Kampfer see's at least twenty foot mobiles behind them but not going to there position and a much smaller group ahead of them. He zoomed in to the smaller group and saw a few beings and a ship that he never seen before. Kampfer smiled evilly and talked into the communicator saying "Alright sergeant, just get ze data via vireless connection from ze droid and get out of zere, ve are going to blast zat small group vith ze orbital laser, you have 5 minutes"

The sergeants face went pale and replied "Yes,sir". He looked at his men by the droid, tossed him his communicator and said "Get the files from that droid via wireless and do it in 4 minutes...Boys we are gonna see some fireworks" Soon the orbital laser soon got into position and is primed and ready to fire upon Aelyn and his group. THe laser started its firing sequence as the extraction team got back on the drop ship
Nirix had her target, though it sounded better to say mission in her head, instead. To say "Target" would make her feel like she was on another assassination hit and those were two very different things and not something that the Eoclu wanted to be mixed up. She would have to stay level headed, think like the way he would think. Though what way was that exactly?

He was used to being a stowaway, if Nirix's memory served her correctly. Traveling around from place to place or wherever the metaphorical "flow" would take him. Though the two hadn't necessarily discussed Ketin's traveling plans or patterns (if he even had any), but Nirix had to use her knowledge as a tracker, an assassin trying to figure out the movements of her target. In all honesty he had many places to go. This was quite a fairly large city but with the sheer amount of humans here, it would be easy enough to be able to find him in a gigantic crowd. Yet he was clever, like most of his kind, despite some choosing to be subservient. He would either avoid large crowds or go head first in them to receive information.

Though lately, attention had been drawn to him. Maybe it was too much attention? He needed a distraction, a place in the shadows to hide out and observe until he was satisfied to make the right move. But where could that be?

"I suppose the park would be a likely choice..." The Eoclu muttered to herself as she moved at a brisk pace in its general direction. It was a good place to start at least....

This behaviour wasn't strange for the Ranger. The duo or at least, Captain Petrovalyc, clearly looked and acted like one of them. Cheaters. Son of a <beeps>. Freaks. The Ranger instantly figured that he was nothing more than powerless upon Aelyn, at least, while he didn't had something "bigger" than his Lucian Defender Revolver or a Carbon Bowie Ripper.

However, no matter how hopeless his efforts of fighting were, the Ranger couldn't bare holstering his weapon, as the best he could do was to merely pull his aim away from the duo. Whatever they were, it really looked like they didn't had any intent of harming the so-called Mad Ranger. Or worse, apprehending him.
"Yeah, you got 'em right. You just forgot about my planet busting." - His tone finally appeared to calm down, despite the Petrovalyc's eerie glare - "'Cept the laser eyes. Utter BS." He finished, coughing a cynical chuckle.

Just when the Masked Man went to comment about his Revolver, another object managed to come into play. It appeared to be a dropship of sorts, due to it's bulk and it was hovering suspiciously nearby were Bravo had run off.
"Guess someone already found your faulty toy, eh? He went that way!"
Shrugging, the Ranger pointed towards the new object that came into view, hastily jogging towards the couple's drop pod. He just kept his cool, hoping that this was not in fact a trap.

... Barely did the Ranger knew that the real threat was coming from above.

“Drat.” Said Alex, “I was really hoping the laser eyes were real. Ael let’s have Harkahn start working on laser eyes.”
“A wholly respectable idea Alex, I’ll have to remember that one…” And his words drifted off with a raising of a brow. All at once he looked very fed up. In fact it was with the body language and tone of disbelief that became him as he spread his arms helplessly and groaned. “Oh, come on, an orbital laser, @#$%ing seriously?” He pinched the bridge of his nose in an expression of great stress. “A ship the size of a city with a subetherial nanofield encasement isolating it into its’ own goddamned universe and some jackass wants to try and snipe me with a @#$%ing orbital laser?”

As to how exactly he had realized that there was a giant death-ray aimed at the top of his head and preparing to snuff him and his wife out of existence would seem like sorcery – but of course it was only some of the crew informing him via BrainPal and allowing him to bring up a live feed from the ship in his mind.

“Yascra, zap that stupid satellite for me huh? The last thing we need is for someone to get curious as to why we were totally unharmed after a direct hit with a photon beam.” He could have communicated this silently using the implanted computer, but Aelyn always preferred to use his person-voice when it came to these things.

That said, he began walking briskly in the direction that the Ranger had moments ago gone bounding, drawing from behind him the incredibly tacky, but absolutely pimptastic gold plated long-barreled 44 revolver with the red velvet grip. He popped open the chamber to check that it was fully loaded, which it was – seven delightfully vicious projectiles which could utterly decimate almost any known composition in the Universe. He seemed pleased. Alex couldn’t help bursting into laughter at the sight of the gun.

“What?” Aelyn scoffed, defensively. “I think it’s classy.”
“If by classy you mean gaudy as @#$%.”
“Hey, for all the scientific revolutions I’ve spurred and all the god-like abilities I’ve given us I think I deserve a gold-plated gun if I want one.” He spun it on the trigger finger like a desperado and re-holstered it in the leather at his belt behind him, keeping it well hidden from sight.

High above in far orbit, Stella Viventium was teeming with activity – but only an infinitesimal portion of that activity was devoted to disposing of the pesky orbital satellite. In fact it was an endeavor that had been taken on by a mere two members of the crew, who took their time in preparing and aiming the dimensional transience gun that had previously saved the planet from nuclear fire by making an explosive ship simply cease to exist.

It was the same technology which they used to skip the massive structure around the universe, totally disregarding the laws of physics as they plucked the atoms from reality and moved them somewhere else. In this case no projectile would actually be fired – merely the tube would be aimed at the target, allowing the program to run and specify the exact point in space-time that they wanted to manipulate – here being the orbital laser satellite.

And approximately thirty seconds after Aelyn politely asked someone to make the thing go away, it blipped out of reality. No lights, no explosions, no shots – nothing. First there was an orbital satellite preparing to rain death upon unwary victims, then there was only space, formless atoms that had flooded in to fill the gap when the previous occupants of the space were plucked away and scattered to a million billion different, randomly selected locations in the universe.

Ironically, because of the often hilariously random nature of the selection process, the atoms would often happen to form another object – using the idea of ‘infinite monkeys’, every possible combination would eventually be created until something coherent and real was created. In this case, a few million lightyears away, a pot of petunias appeared in orbit around an old, rocky planet. Whether the pot of petunias was aware that it had been, in part, an orbital death satellite nobody would ever know.

“Yeah I’ve always thought it was kind of uncreative too, naming the capitol after the planet like that.” Kete replied thoughtfully, and was again finding himself being asked questions that frankly did not make sense, involving words that also did not make sense. What was a ‘France’?

He raised a brow, as if suddenly becoming aware that what he was listening to was nonsense – which of course it was not – and still he didn’t seem to actually mind said nonsense…It was just curious, was all.
“Wh…what’s a Germany?” Kete asked. “Sorry I don’t think I’ve ever heard any of those words before…”

It was ironic that ‘Standard’, the (WHO’DATHUNKIT?) standard language in the civilized Galaxy was virtually identical to American English. Not that anybody could know that. Not that anybody even knew what American English was. “Oh, you mean those are the different countries around here? Sorry I don’t keep up with that sort of stuff.” What sort of stuff – countries? In reality it wasn’t all that uncommon for offworlders to be ignorant of the continents, the nations and countries of a planet. It was like trying to understand the various counties of a state or province one had never been to before. One wasn’t in Hatfield County or McCoy county, just in Kentucky. Same thing here – one was not in the nation of Red Lenore or the pseudorepublic of Salladan, only on the planet ‘Earth’. That was all just political nonsense best left to the politicians. After all, with so many planets bearing so many names for so many places and things and organizations – the modern interstellar traveler knew better than to try and comprehend them all.

“American holiday?” He repeated under his breath, trying now rather desperately to figure out what in the name of Space this guy was talking about. In his mind he was digging through aethernet sites and files, eye connected to some device or another with aethernet connectivity and piggybacking off of that. He couldn’t find a thing.

And again he found himself giving his new friend an entirely confused expression. “Yeah, well you know how they all have their laws, each empire or alliance or whatever says that their way’s the only way, yadda yadda...”

And then the guy fell flat on his face. Kete winced. He thought he was clumsy. It was astounding how strange this guy was, he seemed totally out of it – but still Kete couldn’t just leave him. He was obviously very confused. Maybe he’d been hit on the head or something.

Concern over his countenance, Kete rushed over and crouched down beside the clumsy ‘halfie’, and would offer to try and help him up if he could. “Great Space, man! You’re really not doin’ too hot are you? Maybe you should sit down or something, you're tripping over your own tail!”

"Sir...the uh orbital laser vanished" replied a Z-bot operator. Kampfer stood in silence for a moment and then started to laugh like a mad man and said "Zis is an interesting turn of events, all zat just transpired just answered my questions" Kampfer looked back the operator and as he pointed at the object in the sky "Zat is a spaceship and if I'm correct it's one from an ancient time vith forbidden technology as declared from ze lord of time and space" he explained. "I could have sworn I destroyed zat civilation because zere damn weapon" he thought trying to remember his past. He looked more intensely at and said "Ah it doesn't matter the newer orbital laser is coming to take its place, but now I have revive the old operation called replacement atom for zis"

"Sir the extraction team arrived and here is what you want" said a Z-bot who just entered the command center holding the communicator with files on it.Kampfer looked at him, "get rid of it, I don't need it anymore" as he gestured the bot to go away. "As you wish sir" replied the bot as he made his way out.

A Z-bot has arrived to the base via the warp gate but isn't like any of the other bots. He is bigger, more grizzlier looks much older man who's seen his fair share of combat, he's has a scar going across his face and a small Abe Lincoln kind of beard on his face. His grey uniform is highly decorated with ribbons and medals to any observer he is a general.

He soon arrive at the command center and was greeted by Kampfer."General Omega, how nice to see you again" said the Lord of technology. "I'm good, my lord...I heard what happened to the satellite" Omega replied with his rugged voice. "Ah don't vorry about it,a replacement is on its vay...vith a slight modification on it" Kampfer replied with an evil grin towards Omega. "I pre assume you have brought your fleet and hidden behind ze moon" Kampfer questioned "Of course" replied Omega. Kampfer nodded and said "General Omega I'm leaving you in command of operations here until ze tsunamiis built...I need to revive an old project of mine" Omega nodded and said "Yes my lord" Kampfer then turned around and went for the labs on the underground level of the base to revive project replacement atom. Omega already got a briefing before he got the base so knows what he's doing...sending out scout planes with invisibility cloaks to scout the cities and military installations on the planet.

Up in high orbit about an hour delay, the new orbital laser came to take its place. This laser is bigger and much stronger than the prototype. Elongated and chromed plated and with shields on it and advanced defensive systems. This orbital laser can obliterate entire city blocks with on blast and is the first device in Kampfer's aresnal to have the replacement atom module despite it being really old. A satellite able to defend itself to whoever wish it harm.

Bravo quickly reassessed his protocols, and over rid his current function and reactivated "What a waste of time, such bad programming humans had" he got up and began sprinting back towards the closest city at his quickest pace, however something he forgot to check for, his beacon was still active and sending signals everywhere to every channel available now sending updated coordinates to his location. Funny how a droid forgets to turn off his own distress signal but it seemed there were more important things at the moment.
Christofer would hold his face, not feeling too good. The German was most definitely not having the best day of his life.

"Sounds like some, uh, science fiction... Am I in the middle of a filming session?" Christofer looked around, trying to spot filming equipment and alike. Considerig how much rules there were everywhere for people to not lay down on benches, it wouldn't surprice him to see a camera or few. Who knows, maybe they were going to film a scene?

And what was Kete? Christofer had no idea. If there was going to be an 'animal sidekick' or something to the movie hero, wouldn't he be wearing like a full green suit or something? And.... Why was he asking such strange questions? Who doesn't know what a 'Germany' is. Heck, considering the American language, the boy should have already accused him for being a 'hazard for humanity'.
To Toffi, Kete seemed like the weird one

"Huh? What tail?" The boy would look around, confused, but still not notice any tail. Nor was he aware of his ears, having not looked too clearly at the fountain either, only focused on the water and not the reflection. ".... You are weird... What are you even talking about.."

Normally he would just curl at the sight of someone reaching out to him, and to be honest, Christofer did back away a bit at first, not sure on what Kete was trying to do. It was just a natural reaction to him. He did take the help on getting up eventually though, brushing some dirt off his clothes.
"You know this town, don't you?" he asked while cleaning his hair from the dust that had gotten on it. "If that's the case, can you.. Maybe like... Show me around?"
It was quiet as Nirix made her trek to the nearby park. More humans swarmed out of their selective buildings and the hushed mummers of a crowd fell upon her ears; thus increasing both the sizes of their moving crowds and the odd looks and glances that were thrown in her general direction. However, this was all ignored by the Eoclu as she moved effortlessly through these crowds to reach her objective. The North Park.

Briefly her mind turned back, remembering the words that Sul'sashi had spoken to her. She had an offer; a job to allow him to make enough money to better himself. It was a more...clean option and would give the red haired half-breed a better perspective than how Nirix had thought his life had been previously. However, Nirix had a offer as well. Contacts were an asset to the Eoclu; supplying her with information and certain contacts to help her along with her career. She would also pay well and check up on him periodically to make sure he kept himself out of trouble. Protection and money for just a small amount of information; it sounded like a good enough deal.

Not to mention Nirix could learn a lot more about this Half-Breed. He was hiding something, yet that something was what was picking at her mind the most. What was it that he was hiding? A dark past? A third eye? Criminal history? A sudden sound caused her ear to twitch, something had fell or someone. A curve of a smile found it's way to on her face as she neared the location of the sound.

Had she found him?

Aelyn-Paeryc and Alexa came strolling up behind the Ranger and stopped beside him. Aelyn with hands in pockets looked with a mild displeasure upward in the general direction that the mysterious grey craft had gone a few short moments before. Unfortunately it seemed that the Ranger had been unable to reach the robot in time, and Bravo had been taken by some other ambitious force.

"Well, that's unfortunate." He said with a huff - it didn't seem to be the most tragic loss. In fact it sounded more like a minor annoyance. One would find that most things that went wrong tended to get no more than minor irritation out of him, no matter the severity. He simply didn't care all that much about anything, it seemed.

"No kidding." Added in Alexa, who then turned to address the Ranger again. "So, what're you gonna' do now?" She asked, clearly under the impression that the Ranger's mission had been somehow entwined with Bravo.
Aelyn would speak again before the Ranger got a chance to respond, still apathetically looking up at the sky. "The offer still stands, if you'd like to help us track that pesky thing down and figure out..."
Suddenly he grew very impatient and very annoyed, letting a low growl. He loosely touched a finger to his ear - or just below it actually - it was the way he let others know that he was communicating via BrainPal as a matter of courtesy. He continued to speak out loud, resuming his sentence.
"...and figure out who the actual @#$% keeps sending orbital lasers at us!" He didn't exactly yell, but he did raise his voice some. The pace kept hasty as he issued his orders.
"Put that damned thing in an isolation field will you? Lock it geostationary and try to keep it from sending out any signals that might clue in whoever owns the stupid thing that something's wrong. Let it fire if it wants to but don't let the projectile out of the isofield, got it..."
He returned his attention to the Ranger, and again his voice was back to the low flatness of before. "As I was saying...My offer still stands. Food, ammunition, transport and we could pay you too - if you'll help us track down that pesky bot and maybe the jackass that's trying to kill us right now.

It wasn't easy to trust a man like Aelyn-Paeryc. His whole demeanor and...those terrible eyes. His voice. Everything - he absolutely screamed 'I'm evil and planning something nefarious!' but then again...it wasn't a bad offer, was it? And would would possibly be his motive...?

Kete couldn't help but laugh at that one. "A filming session? Ha~ I can't imagine why anyone would want to film anything out here."

And then it clicked on - another presence in his head, another mind in the back of his own, thoughts and sights that were not his own. He recognized them. Nirix had found Kete - and Kete had found Nirix. Interesting!

Outwardly he made no indication that he was suddenly aware of a lurking spy.

"Wh- tha-yh....mh." He had only gotten a few syllables out, trying to further indicate his friend's tail but he was promptly cut off with the declaration that he was strange and a rhetorical question. He stopped trying thereafter.
Then the town was mentioned and he absently swung about to look in its general direction. Many of the towering skyscrapers could be seen over the trees, which were sparse in this bit of the park. "Well I've only been here a few days myself, I don't know the city that well...But I wouldn't be adverse to taking a walk."

He had been away from the large number of minds for long enough he figured - his headache had gone away, and he hoped he could go back into populated areas again and not have it return.

Then, absently he glanced up to the insanely massive thing in the sky. "Gotta' say I'm starting to get curious. I don't think I've ever seen a station that big, let alone a starliner~" But it was a half-thought and it would be easy to bring the apparently easily distracted guy back to the topic at hand, that being a potential stroll back toward the city...

Bravo stopped for a moment and ran a scan over his systems and discovered the running distress signal. Pondering about it he decided to keep it on "It serves little use either way" he told himself and continued on in the cold frosting weather in Siberia. On the way to the closest city Bravo kept seeing various animals, he did not recognize nor could get a reading on any of them and his alarm was on yellow alert at all times. As he neared the city he decided to keep at a distance and hide among what little scenery there was on the outskirts and his lights blazed bright at a distance from the city and he just sat against a stump and stared at the city. "It looks so... empty, abnormality recorded." and with that he sat and watched the city in the stillness and quietness of the snow, on the outskirts of Kartupelis

His small charge suddenly came to a halt as soon as the Captain said something about "Orbital Laser". Immediatly, the Ranger tilted his head towards the sky, half-covered by Stella Viventium. Really, an high-orbit photon cannon was armed just towards him?

"Wait, what?!" - He exclaimed, turning abruptly towards Petrovalyc - "What's that about a KillSat?!" The Ranger didn't even knew what to do at that time. He was completely underpowered in that situation. Out in the blind, in the open, without any means of detecting his enemies, once that his helmet built-in radar have burnt off in an encounter a few days ago. Not to mention that his radio receiver started to fail as well.

"Y-Yeah! I'll do whatever the <beep> you want for cash or some supplies! But what the HECK is going om, after all?!" He had no choice, despite the Captain's clearly ominous aura, the Masked Man depended on his objectives to survive at the moment.

He still had his ace-in-the-hole, however... At least, his Explosion Propulsion Module still had half of the tank left!

"Is that what they're called? Catchy." Said Aelyn - it didn't seem sarcastic - interested, in fact, but to that same emotional barrier he seemed to have in all directions. Mild. He nodded his head in the direction from whence they had come and turned to go. Alexa followed, the implication was clearly for the Range to come along.
He waved a hand dismissively. "Don't worry about it. The isofield is already around it. It's a neat trick really. Does what the name implies - isolates whatever's enclosed within it into its own little universe. Nothing gets in or out. And it actually is in another universe-...It's best not to think too hard about it. Point is that whoever controls the field controls what can get out. In this case we're letting the usual signals out so the owner doesn't know that his toy's been caught, but we won't let out anything it fires. It'll just be sucked into nonexistence." He made a little motion with one hand to accompany those last couple words.

By now they had returned to the clearing, where the little black ship sat, side door wide open, revealing a plush, comfortable interior largely dominated by dark reds and woody browns. Classy, if nothing else. Perhaps too classy, but that wasn't really a bad thing. "And in case you're wondering," Aelyn spoke again as they approached it, "The reason I'm helping out here is because you don't get to being the owner of that He nodded toward the sky, indicating the most dominant structure, obviously being the great machine "without fully understanding that every ally is an important ally."

It sounded reasonable enough. In fact the man's whole frame of mind seemed to be much more reasonable than...basically everything about him seemed to imply. And the woman was just fantastically normal, save for her impassiveness which matched her husband's.

Maybe he had avoided the true intent of the Ranger's question when he had asked what was going on - he wasn't giving up the full story, apparently - yet still he seemed relatively...open. Whether this was a good thing or not was a matter of opinion and speculation.

The two passed glances, silently deciding who was going to pilot the little craft. Alex stepped in and sat in the singular pilots' seat, surrounded by that vaguely ovular bubble that provided a good view. The interior was relatively open and consisted mostly of seating arrangements, one of which Aelyn flopped into, then motioned for the Ranger to take a seat as well.

It might have felt like a significant moment, depending on ones' mindframe. After all, if stepping aboard that craft ended up leading to some terrible fate, this would have been the moment - the choice!

Aelyn yawned.
It was him. The sound of his voice, his speech patterns, and as she neared even closer to him, she noticed the bright orange untamed mess that was his hair. The smile on Nirix's face grew. She had indeed found her target, however he was obviously not alone.

Observant lavender eyes watched with careful consideration, the scene that was before her. Ketin was occupied; strange colored eyes casted upwards at the rather largely massive ship above them. A distraction, something that the Half-breed was good at either causing or providing. However only minutes ago, he had been speaking with a young man...was he human? It was hard to tell, Nirix had to even cock her head to the side to determine whether or not what was real and what wasn't. With a sigh, She tried to ignore the small irritation at the idea of humans and their appearances. Why were they so complex and complicated to figure out?

"Da'len," Nirix spoke politely as she made her approach. She nodded her head in acknowledgment at the other...person before shifting her gaze between the ship and Ketin. The Eoclu had hoped that she would find the Half-breed alone, which in turn would've make this conversation a lot more easier like it had planned out in her head but unfortunately nothing was ever easy. However, if it was one thing the Eoclu had learned over her 200+ years of living, it was how to be patient. The time would come and then she would make her offers. One within the path of shadows and One within the path of normalcy. It was for him to choose.

A cruiser, cloaked, flies at a distance giving video feed of the new orbital laser. General Omega looks at the live video feed and is starting to get an uneasy feeling about it. The operator looked back and said "Sir?" The General looked down at his operator and looked back up at the monitor of the Orbital laser and said "Why hasn't the enemy responded,yet? It is much bigger then the last so they should be aware of it" he bit his thumb in thought and turned his back on the monitor,thinking.

"You should trust your instincts more,General" Kampfer said coming down the corridor seeing the General in thought,smiling evilly. "What do know about this, my Lord?" he asked "Vell, let me explained" he responded as he got into the command center and and nodded towards the operator. The operator nodded back like he just knew what Kampfer wanted and so he zoomed in the best he could unto the satellite. "Vell, General, if you encountered an enemy zat you don't know vho he may be, vat he does, or even vhere he is, vhat do you do?" Kampfer questioned as he looked back the General. Omega instantly answered "Monitor what I do know and see what is next move is" Kampfer smiled and said "Exactly" he then pointed at he the back ground of the laser and said "General, ze enemy has already noticed and retiallated to ze presents of ze new laser. As you can barely see, around ze immediate area of ze laser, zere is a slight discoloration. I have seen zis before and no doubt you have, in zis vith zis discoloration is ze evidence of some kind of field" he explained. He started to pace back and forth and continued "Seeing zat ze enemy uses forbidden technology, no doubt it is more zan a indoor sheild"

"My god your right!" the General exclaimed as he sees the lighter shade of space immediately around the satellite. "What can do now, KAmpfer?" he questioned. KAmpfer smiled and said "Don't vorry about it, General. I have station 12 fire a special shot at the satellite to break the field." Omega's eyes got bigger and said "Are you crazy?! That station is on the other side of the galaxy, there is no way it could make the shot!"

"You underestimate, my equipment, General" he said as he looked at him with a grim smile. A Z-bot came into the command center and said "Sir, our scouts have scouted out a town a couple of miles away" he gave the paper to the General. Kampfer looked at the General with the General looking back and nodded and walked out of the command center back to his labs underground. Omega looked at the report about the city known as Kartupelis and its feeble population. He gave back the report and gave his orders to the Z-bot. "Send a detachment of troops to the city, with food and supplies. Occupy it and establish friendly relations with the citizens of the town. We shouldn't worry about government intervention since they are basically
isolated from any other cities around" The Z-bot looked at the General and responded "Yes, sir right away sir"

Soon a couple truck loads of troops and supplies make there way to the city of Kartupelis, to support its small population. They traveled snow covered ground of Siberia to go to the isolated city.

Back in space, a mysterious energy spike came into the the planetary system out of deep space. This shot is going for Orbital laser orbiting high above the Earth. Soon the shot hit the satellite and shattered the mysterious field that encased it, setting the it free and able to cause whatever carnage wherever it may go.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Galaxy Wide

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus