Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Ressurected Monster

Mass chaos. Rumors spoken in shadows. A man turned monster. Or perhaps a pacified monster all along. The mental instability held deep within. It's cage was now removed. The one thing that kept Ambrose's rage in check was now gone from his life. He had become a monster even by vampiric standards. Senselessly killing anyone and everyone who even so much as breathed on him wrong. Not even to feed but just to kill. Deep within hoping to sate this beast that had emerged from within but to no avail. A new side of Ambrose never seen before outside of his private life has made itself known to the world.

Ambrose stood there in the middle of the main Road of a small village. A few dead bodies laid about him. His normally nice and well kept appearance now looked as though it had been to war. His clothes were dirty ripped and torn. Blood soaked all over his body. Yet he did not feed. Instead his glowing red eyes stared forward at a group of individuals all staring at him with guns pointed at him. Albeit shakily but still pointed at him. A low growl escaped Ambrose's throat as he tapped into his celerity discipline and quicker than the blink of an eye, appeared behind the group and in another blink, had them laid deceased at his feet. Another low growl escaped his throat as he visibly tensed up before turning and walking up the street. As he did, his eyes constantly scanned the area looking for another target.
Variel (played by Pineapple)

Variel, or Vee, had recently got her wish. The council had approved making contact with Ambrose Crowley. Vee was a member of a secret order called The Talamasca . The Talamasca describes themselves as a group of scholars, and historians. Their particular field of interest is the paranormal, and unexplainable. Many of the members have supernatural abilities, most commonly physic sometimes other abilities occurred. Once Vee had grew within the ranks, her attention was directed towards vampires. One of the files caught her interest, the file of Ambrose Crowley. Soon enough she requested that she make contact with Crowley. About a year ago her request was granted.

Since then she had made a couple of attempts, but not ones that were particularly successful. Tonight she roamed on foot, she had spent the afternoon speaking with a couple of the local villagers, gathering stories, and asking carefully guarded questions. Her long coppery hair was tied away from her face in a low pony tail, her bright almost luminous pale brown eyes scanned the road a head, she was positive she heard something, and it sounded unpleasant. She carried the jacket of her finely tailored suit, for it was much too hot to wear it.
James Ambrose Crowley (played by Hurricane_Lance) Topic Starter

A sudden scream caught Ambrose's ear as he turned his gaze to the source. A woman peering out the window had just seen the chaos. And Ambrose had just found a new target. Acting off of instinct and not taking a moment to think, he charged his new target diving right through the window where the woman stood. She was dead before they even hit the ground and a pool of blood pouring from the nasty rip he gave her in her neck. Silently he stood. It had all happened so fast that as he stood the last ting of glass hitting floor occurred as he was standing. He quietly looked about before walking towards the door and punching it with such force it practically disintegrated. There he stood now. Back on the road. As he turned a faint scent drew his attention now. Something he had smelt a couple of times over the past year but never quite got a good bead on it. The monster that he was now kept him from pinning it down now. And he didn't really seemed to care as he again began walking looking for his next victim. At the rate he was going he seemed he would not stop until he had killed everyone in the village.

Vee jumped as the scream rang out. She directed her gaze up the road, yes most defiantly came from up there she thought to herself. At once she began wondering if she had managed to stumble upon Crowley again, or if she was going to encounter something else tonight. However she didn't get to dwell for very long, because she came upon the massacre. Vee paled at the sight of the chaos, it was very overwhelming to her, so much so that she didn't immediately notice Crowley.

By the time her luminous eyes settled on him, her pulse was racing. She hadn't laid eyes on him in months, from what she had been able to gather his vampiric wife had broken things off with him, and ran off with another man. However she could really only speculate as she didn't have a first hand account, only second or third hand stories. Whatever the case, the trail had gone cold. Aside from the blood and gore, he looked positively unkempt.

She wasn't sure what to do at this moment, for he definitely looked maddened, yet not frenzied. She knew that even with her shape shifting abilities, it would be hard to get away from him if he decided to attack her. If it came to that she best bet would be a mouse, and find a sewer grate.

He ceased his forward movement for a moment, the scent once again gaining his attention. This time closer to him. He was nearing the source. Or was the source nearing him? Many questions sprinted through his head. Was he following it? Was it following him? What was the source? Where did the source come from. As these numerous questions ran through his mind, he took a moment to actually follow it in an attempt to find where it came from. Soon enough he turned, his glowing red eyes quickly settling on Variel. A low growl escaped his throat. Here he was killing everyone he found in this village and here was this one person standing there staring at him. His gaze narrowed as he slowly began to walk towards her before suddenly seeming to appear right in her face having once more tapped into his celerity discipline. As he would stand there he would breath in deeply taking in her scent.

"Hunter nor prey...neither should stand where their opposite is downwind less they give away their position to the others nose allowing them to flee or attack... So...Your the mystery...and quite the lucky mystery at it."

A small almost sickening smirk would then cross his face as he would turn and begin walking away.

As Crowley froze she knew that he was fully aware of her presence, of course she had done nothing to hide it as she had before. Mostly because she wasn't aware of the fact that she was going to run into the vampire. Promptly she closed and cloaked her mind, something that every field agent was taught to do If he tried to scan her thoughts, he would come up with nothing.

As he turned to face her she couldn't help but take a small step back, She had dealt with many things in her years with The Talamasca, but vampires were not one of the common things. Usually when she had run into a vampire, they were never violent, just passive. It was clear that there was a reason to fear him at the moment, for he was violent. As he started to her, then was suddenly in front of her, she had a tight reign on her fear. Just swallowing thickly when he appeared in front for her.

Vee was a fairly ballsy woman, even when being stared down by this vampire she was able to find the appropriate and eloquent words. As he began to walk away she spoke, "Mr. Crowley. If we could speak some time...I would hardly be a mystery."

He would freeze in place again upon hearing his name and stiffly turned his head looking at her out the corner of his eye from over his shoulder.

"Mr. Crowley was my father. I am Ambrose. And that name holds no meaning to me. Every village I have slaughtered of late have given me new names. Monster...Demon...One even thought I was a beast mentioned in one of their prophecies called The Great Destroyer. I pretty much lived up to that name there. Now there...'Mystery'...I already said you were lucky for now and wish to try and speak with me. I'll tell you what... When I find the place your scent originates from, you can speak to me then. Speak to me your final words with your final breath. Unless you can provide a good enough reason for me to enjoy the presence of your company that doesn't involve killing you."

He would then look forward again and resumed walking forward only to turn and head down a side street. A moment later a few new screams would fill the air emitting from the side street he had just vanished down.

Knew that if the council realize just how violent Crowley was they would be insisting that she get out of the situation immediately. Return to the Mother House in London, and then note in the Crowely file that the vampire was not to be approached, for he was volatile.

As he spoke to her she began to think of things to use to reason with the man, but much of it was useless. When he brought up her scent, he knew what she meant. Quite often she had been told that because of her ability her scent was altered. She smelled like a mixture of things, human and animal. She had no doubt that he could and likely would kill her in a heart beat, but of course her greater sense of good was prevailing.

As the screams rang out from the street Crowley had walked down, her decision was made. No time to strip off clothing, she let her jacket fall to the ground, then she crouched on all fours. Soon the change began to occur, her body was the first thing to start. It became cat like, and powerful. As her body changed her well tailored suit was ripped and ruined. Orange and black striped fur began to grow from her body. Soon everything about her was changed, she was a large male Bengal tiger.

Vee-Tiger sprung down the side street that Crowley had gone down. When Crowely was barreling down on his next chosen victim, a vicious snarling roar peeled from the large feline's throat. He wouldn't be able to mistake her for another tiger, for where the were tigers did not live.

He stopped just inches from his next target as he heard the roar and turned and looked to the source. A small smirk crossing his face his face as he saw the signs of who this tiger really was. Ripped and torn bits of the very same outfit the woman had worn. That and tigers didn't live in this particular area.

"My...Ain't that a lovely talent. Ok...perhaps you have my undivided attention after all."

As he spoke the victim he was just about to kill started to sneak away taking advantage of his attacker now being distracted. He wasn't so lucky though as Ambrose suddenly turned and plunged his hand clean through the man.

"Ok...Partially divided attention. I know that's you mystery. I mean...honestly...why would someone dress a tiger in a ripped version of their outfit to pretend to be a shape shifter? I don't see the reasoning in it. So...now my question for you first and foremost. Is this your way of trying to convince me to sit and speak with you...or are you challenging me in an attempt to protect these people?"

His smirk would then widen as he turned to fully face her as he crouched a bit and held his arms out to his sides as though preparing to lunge at her.

"I advise you choose your answer carefully and here's how you can answer. Stay like that if your challenging me. Change back to your normal form if you just wish to talk. If you just wish to talk, I better see signs of your at least starting to change back within 10 seconds."

Vee-Tiger stalked from left to right, as Crowley turned his nearly undivded attention upon her. The tiger's eyes flickered to the next intended victim as he sought to sneak away. When Crowley plunged his hand through the poor mans chest the tiger snarled in warning.

[repost]

Vee-Tiger stalked from left to right, as Crowley turned his nearly undivided attention upon her. The tiger's eyes flickered to the next intended victim as he sought to sneak away. When Crowley plunged his hand through the poor mans chest the tiger snarled in warning.

As Crowley began speaking Vee-Tiger sat back on her haunches. Her motives had no definite line, she wanted to do both. Protect the remaining villagers, and talk to Crowely. If the council knew that things had gone this far they'd have her back in the Libraries cataloging things, never to see another field mission again.

She wasn't a fan of her options, She had initially taken the form of a tiger, to make him pause. She knew that even with the tigers brute strength, strong jaws, and deadly claws she would be no mach for a vampire. The change began to occur once again. Her body changed, and she was forced up right to stand on two legs, fur began receding, her face returning to normal. In a matter of mere seconds she was a woman again, standing in front of him. She wasn't nude though, her undergarments (a tanktop and underwear) were made of a special material, it changed with her form.

The voice that came from her was calm and collected, although inside she was nearly quaking. "Now I have returned to my real from, Do I have your attention?"

He smirked once more at the tiger snarled as he ran a hand through his disheveled hair getting it out of his face. He then watched quietly as she began to change back. After her change was complete, he would chuckle lightly.

"Well there's noone within arms reach...so perhaps you do have my attention now."

He would then remove his coat and toss it to her displaying the fact that perhaps deep within there still existed some humanity.

"Here Mystery. Cover yourself a bit."

He would then look about and go up on the front porch of a nearby house and sat in one of the present chairs.

"So...What do we have about to happen here? Some 'Interveiw with the Vampire' crock or what? I warn you now. Tom Cruise I am not."

Vee didn't seem to be the least uncomfortable a being in her small clothes, unselfconscious came with the ability to shift forms. However she was a little surprised when he chuckled to her. She caught his coat, fully aware that gore covered it. "my own coat is back there." she said softly, "For now I will wear yours...." she pulled his coat over her shoulders.

"Sir...you don't need to referr to me as Mystery...My name is Variel Faustus. I am a member of The Talamasca." she remained standing, and a brow was perked to his comment of the so called work of fiction Interview with the Vampire . "Mr Crowely, I know you're not so naive to believe that is really fiction. Lestat is as real as you are."

There she paused a moment, "If I had my jacket I'd provide you with a card...but I guess Verbal shall suffice." She still remained standing, "The Talamasca is a group of historians, and scholars. We deal specifically with the Paranormal, and if you won't take offense to me saying so you fit into that category."

He once more chuckled at her comments as he began responding to them in turn.

"Your coat is over there. Doesn't do you much good over there now does it? Second. Well. You already know my name so I guess it's fair I know yours. Third. You've no need to tell me of Talamasca or talamascians. You guys aren't so much a secret to those with the right connections...which leads us to Lestat. I never said he wasn't real. I just merely commented on the fact that I ain't Tom Cruise and frankly Lestat and I both feel Tommy boy could have done a better job portraying him. As for Lestat himself...I better well know that rat brat prince Buffon is real. He's my grandad...so to speak. He sired his mother making her a vampire and it was she who sired me. So...he's my grandad on the vampire side of my life. Or..however you want to look at."

He then leaned back in the chair as it creaked a bit and motioned towards another nearby.

"Come. Have a seat. Inquire of me what you wish to know. I won't bite. Unless you want me to."

He then chuckled a bit.

"But do make it quick. I may actually have to quit outright killing and feed soon. And if I don't feed I'll frenzy. And this massacre I've already laid out will be living residing in a 5 star hotel compared to what I'll do then."

Unfortunately Ambrose was correct there, her jacket being back over there didn't help much. Her tape recorder and extra tapes were in there, along with her pen, small note book, and cigarettes. She perked a brow as he got on to secret connections, she looked slightly fascinated. "Hmm interesting." she stored this little tidbit of information in the back of her mind, intending to write it down in her note book as soon as she got back to the cottage she was staying at. Located on the very edge of the other side of the village.

She hesitated she didn't want to lose this chance to talk to him, but she had no note book, or tape recorder immediately on hand. She would have to do it the old fashioned way, by memory. As she crossed to the indicated seat she spoke to him, "Well if you know about us, then you should also know what we do." She sat down in the chair, "Sir, we study the paranormal, the supernatural, the unexplainable. People such as yourself," she was always careful with her words, "fall into those categories. Also we strive to be able to educate, and help those who need." She went on further explaining it. "So of course to be able to educate, we first need to learn the subject. This is why we wish to speak with you."

She finished with that then offered a smile. Like most members of the order Vee was eloquent, charming, and easy to talk to. Those qualities made her job much easier. Weather or not this would be the case with Ambrose she wasn't not sure.

Once more a chuckle escaped his lips as he shook his head this time.

"So...let me get this straight. You wish to teach people of vampires...or me in general...by first learning the needed information from me? So tell me this first. What kind of psychics does your organization have? A bunch of palm readers? Some circus side show type of psychics? Because if they really were true blue psychics...like see into peoples minds and pretty much figure out everything that way, then the need for you to confront me would be unnecessary. Man...Lestat was right. You guys are a bunch of wierdos. Obviously as you demonstrated a moment ago, your not a psychic but still I know there are psychics in your numbers."

He then paused and rubbed his chin in thought.

"And I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions on things though I certainly wouldn't classify myself as 'paranormal'. I think paranormal, I think ghosts...UFOS...Aliens. As for vampires..."

His words were then cut off as a gun shot rang out and he lurched to the side and laid that way for a moment.

"Don't worry ma'am! Your safe now!" yelled the would be hero.

Ambrose would then growl lightly as he sat back up and looked to the man.

"She was safe before you showed up... And ow...That friggin hurt. Silver bullets. Right idea. Wrong type of creature."

Ambrose then stood and began slowly walking down from the porch and towards the man.

"Don't mistake my whole sale slaughter for the work of one of them flea bitten full moon howling butt biters..."

Shakes her head, "No not the general public. We educate those who need it...thin bloods commonly, but also those who have had unpleasant encounters with vampires." she would then perk a brow to his jab about psychics, but she waited for him to finish before saying something. "Oh come now. You know that even a good psychic can't gleam anything from a properly cloaked mind." she would shake her head softly, sending some of her coppery hair rustling from side to side.

Vee glanced to the sky for a moment looking for the moon's position, to gain some sort of idea as to the hour. "Well then may I put forth this question to you the Mr Crowely." Unless he gave her something specific to call him, she would continue to call him that. "What do you classify yourself as?" This was actually a good question for her to ask, it was the chance to glimpse at what a vampire thought of itself.

However before Ambrose could answer her the sound of the gun shot put an abrupt end to their conversation. She looked to the self appointed hero and she flared a brow, "I think you've made a very poor choice...You might want to run..." she knew that Ambrose would get up, then the man would be in real trouble.

She was right of course, and as Ambrose rose she wasn't sure if she should or would be able to intervene.

He continued slowly stalking towards the man occasionally lurching as more rounds were fired off.

"Ow! Would you- OW! Quit! That frickin'-OWDAMNITYOURDEADNOW!"

Ambrose would then growl before dashing at the man and swiftly kneeing him in. The gut and looked down on his now crumpled form.

"Know what...Maybe I'll let you live. For now. Just so you can ponder your stupidity. Run. Hide. Think. I'll seek you out later."

He then turned and walked back up to the porch.

"Now...Where were we...? Ah yes...hmm...Firstly. I'd classify myself as undead. Something like zombies but more un than dead...if that makes sense? And yes I know psychics can't probe a well cloaked mind but did they think to at least try? As I don't cloak mine. No need too."

He then rubbed his chin and thought.

"And I could of sworn I told you Mr. Crowley was my father...?"

Vee watched silently, her nearly photographic memory taking in each little detail, so that when she was near her notebook she could write it all down and include it in her next report for the Crowley case. She didn't even flinch when the man was fiercely kneed in the gut, however she was visibly relieved when Ambrose told the man to run, she really didn't want to see him finish off another person. The relief was still on her face when he turned to come back to the porch.

She watched Ambrose with one eye, and the man who seemed to be trying to catch his breath as he struggled to his feet. As Ambrose started talking again she turned her attention fully upon him, as it was rather obvious that the would be hero wasn't any threat. As he spoke she would absorb everything he said.

"Well then if you do not like me calling you Mr. Crowley, give me something else to call you." she said as if this were the simplest solution in the world, "And if I'm allowed to ask this, why do you feel that there is no need to cloak your mind?" she was a bit intrigued by the fact that he believed that there was really no reason for him to do so.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Ressurected Monster

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus