Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Ressurected Monster

James Ambrose Crowley (played by Hurricane_Lance) Topic Starter

He narrowed his eyes even more if it was even possible at her words. As she mentioned his wife, his hand, which had been on the chair this entire time tightened down on it cause an audible cracking noise to emit through the room.

"I have no wife." he said bluntly.

His grip on the chair continued tightening until the section he held shattered under the force of his grip.

"If I did have a wife, I'd have no reason to rampage. I would be constantly calm. No one save my meals would more than suspect me for what I really am."
Variel (played by Pineapple)

Variel had managed to gather from some of the more gossipy patrons of The Elysium, that something had occurred recently. Bliss and Ambrose had split, she never got a reason as to why or what had happened. She knew that his denial was partly true, as he no longer had a wife. As the cracking sound emitted from the chair she pursed her lips, not sure where to go now.

"I...I'm sorry for touching a nerve. Please forgive me, we'll change the subject." She would shift a bit, "How about...you talk...just talk about what you want to..." she was worried that if she continued asking questions she would keep touching senstive subjects and send him into a rage, or rampage as he called it.

He stood there a moment visably tensed for a moment before he showed signs of trying to relax. He would breath in deeply once more as his facial features softened a bit.

"No. You said you had questions. Please. Continue asking. Perhaps you could change the subject of the questions themselves if your truly so worried of striking a nerve."

He then removed his hand and looked where he had broken it.

"And I guess I'll replace this as well."

He would then sigh softly before going and sitting on the couch opposite her.

"My apologies for the outbursts there...don't worry though. Your posing no threat to me so I shall not harm you."

Variel was more than a little relieved when the vampire relaxed. She reached forward and grabbed the cup of nearly forgotten coffee, as she lifted it to her lips she was wishing that it was scotch and not coffee. Her nerves were nearly shot, if things kept going the way they were it wouldn't take long for them to be completely shot. She wished she had done a bit more prep work before making contact, but it was too late for that now.

"Don't worry about the chair, the order will take care of it..." she trailed off as he crossed the room, and sat on the couch. "And...I don't want to upset you so yes lets change the subject..." she set the coffee cup down and rubbed her eyes. "If you'll just give me a moment...I need to take these blasted things out." She got up and headed to the bedroom

He would nod lightly to her words and watched as she walked off. Once she was in the bedroom, he would lay his head back against the back of the couch and closed his eyes for a moment. He would then sigh lightly as his mind would start to wonder as it drifted through thoughts and memories of his life. After a moment he would open his eyes once more and stare blankly at the ceiling.

She didn't bother closing the door to the bedroom, she was just taking her contacts out. After finding the case and solution for them she removed them and put them away. Then from a black case she pulled out a pair of round framed glasses and placed them on her face. much better, lets just home I don't have to shift for the rest of the night... she thought to herself as she headed back to the living room.

Crossing the threshold Variel perked a brow when her luminous gaze fell on Ambrose. He was staring at the ceiling. "Thanks for your patience, handy things, but irritating." she offered a smile as she sank into the corner of the couch she had previously occupied. "So where were we..." she adjusted her glasses, as she tried to recall where they had left off.

Without turning his head to gaze at her directly, he instead shifted his eyes so he stared at her out the corner of his eyes.

"We were about to change the subject. Did you have any specific area you wished to venture to? When you've been around as long as I have, there is plenty of things that could get brought up. My mortal life, military history...major historical events I may have had a hand in in some way. Opinions about things in history I may have dealt with personally that mortals have only heard stories about... There is a wide variety of things."

He then chuckled softly.

Nodded her head as she took a sip of coffee, "I suppose that is a good start, but as I mentioned. If there is any specific subject you wish to touch on I'd be more than willing to do that too." she set the coffee cup down then reached for her note book.

As she put the pen to the page her gaze flickered up to him, "I think we should start with your life." she smiled gently, "Where were you born?"

He finally sat back up and adjusted himself as he turned to face her fully.

"Where was I born...?"

He spoke softly repeating the question.

"I was born just outside of what people nowadays refer to as Black pool England. Nice place. Been there a few times over the years. Never hurt anyone to go and visit the place of their birth once in awhile."

He then shrugged a bit.

"Wasn't there for long after my birth though. So I couldn't tell you anything about a life there."

A nod was given when he started talking and her pen started to scrawl acorss the page, taking short hand notes. When he had finished speaking she looked back up to him. "I suppose your right, I was born in Rome...I've only been there once though." She murmured softly.

"Well with that said...where did you grow up?"

He rubbed his chin in thought for a moment as she posed her new question.

"Better question would be where didn't I grow up. My family moved around a bit. We were in the fishing business so as you can probally guess...we moved mainly to fishing towns."

He then rubbed his chin a bit more.

"Funny how learning about a business can make people think things about you..."

He then stared directly at her with a serious gaze.

"Now I pose a question of you. What would your superiors think of you having placed yourself in a situation where you would be with a vampire during daylight hours? Especially after so many of your organization have been turned."

As Ambrose answered her question Variel began taking short hand notes in the small note book. When he paused she looked up to see him staring at her quite seriously. The young English woman wasn't sure how she felt under his serious gaze, it was at least a little unsettling. She seemed to grow a little bit wary when he turned the tables and put the attention upon her, the woman wasn't comfortable being the center of attention.

After a deep breath and some quick thinking she repiled, "Well I'm sure you know that they would be upset with me...." she trailed off a moment. Him making her think of the order's feelings had brought her thoughts to someone else, and a particular promise she had made to him. The question had caught her off guard, and briefly her mental shroud fell, if he was paying any attention to her mid he might have been able to gleam what she had been thinking that moment. "and then I would be a very lonely librarian." She finally spoke, as she re cloaked her mind.

The english woman adjusted her glasses nervously, "Why do you ask?"

He lightened his gaze a bit as he straightened himself up.

"Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the consequences. Not sure honestly if I should call your actions brave and bold or outright stupid."

He then stood up off the couch and began to pace.

"Now...Since that detail is cleared up. Next question?"

The young English woman was thankfull when he straightened up, his gaze seemed to be less intense now. However his comment made her feel that she really had to keep her wits about her lest something happen. As he paced her bright eyes followed him from.

"Where were we." her gazed flickered from him to her note pad, "Ah yes, we'll what was your child hood like, and it sounds like there could be a story behind you said earlier." Her eyes shifted back up to him. "Something about learning about business making people think things about you. What exactly do you mean?"

He turned and glanced at her once more at her question and chuckled a bit.

"Answer to that is simple. I had a mind for business. I could make a business stay alive and keep going among it's competitors. Granted i wasn't good enough to get my family and i out of the poverty area, but the business stayed alive. And because of my knowledge of business operations, people actually assumed I was rich. It was actually because of these assumed thoughts that I wound up getting married for the first time. Kinda funny in a way."

As he chuckled the English woman perked a brow, then as he started speaking her pen flew across the page of the note pad, again taking short hand notes. As he spoke she felt that he was bringing the subject back around to his wife or ex-wife whatever the case may be. Inside she grew wary once again, however her face remained fairly impassive.

She stopped writing long enough to pick up her cup of coffee, which was now nearly cold, and take a large mouthful. "Married the first time?" she perked a brow, he said it as if he's been married more than once. "And funny how if I can say Ambrose?"

He shrugged a bit as he turned his back towards her.

"Cause back then people didn't care if couples loved one another. They prearranged marriages to fulfill their own selfish greedy desires to give them more of a reason to sit on their pompous backsides and count money. But what the particular family I ended up with as in laws were unaware of was I was on the border of poverty myself. So arranging a marriage between me and their daughter did nothing for them financially. I guess you could say Karma got ahold of them with a pretty funny joke there."

He then turned and looked at her with a small smirk.

"Your lucky I'm nice by the way. You owe me."

He then chuckled a bit.

The shape shifter set her coffee back down on the table, and her pen began scratching across the paper again. She thought that he sounded perhaps slightly bitter when he explained his previous answer. Her luminous gaze had raised up to him just before he turned, to his words she couldn't hide her surprise, and perhaps slightly worry. owe him...what did he do? God what does he want from me. her thoughts were running a mile a minuet now.

"I-I owe you?" the first word came out in a small stammer it betrayed her previous calm and collected appearance. "What do I owe you for? And...what.." she was actually a little frightened in regards to what he would take from her if he felt that he was owed something.

He grinned a bit at her confusion and worry at his comment of her owing him and stayed silent for amoment allowing the feeling to resonate a bit before he spoke.

"Obvious abilities of vampires such as enhanced speed, strength and so forth vary from clan to clan. And if your superiors got ahold of the recording of this conversation in which I openly admitted to being dangerous, you would undoubtedly become a lonely librarian as you stated would be the repruccussions in response. I have perhaps saved you from that fate. Celerity. The vampiric discipline that enhances speed and a personal favorite of mine. Before asking you that question, I used it. But your mortal eyes couldn't follow it in this case. Your recording device is turned off right now deary..."

As he spoke he would point towards it and chuckle lightly.

Variel didn't take her eyes from the vampire, her pen had stopped scratching across the paper and the English woman looked quite frozen as he explained things. Her facial expression changed from worry to slight frustration, but she didn't voice it just yet. As he pointed to the machine, she didn't look from him more than trusting that he was speaking truthfully.

"Well...regardless I will likely receive some sort of disciplinary actions because regardless of having a recording or not...I will have to turn in this report. My saving grace now is that I have been taking notes the through the entirety of this encounter. How long ago did you turn that off?" she asked.

The woman was well aware of the fact that he still didn't say what he felt that he was owed. However she didn't want to remind him in case he had forgotten, surely there wasn't much the shape shifter had to offer, other than her own blood so she kept rather quiet on that subject.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Ressurected Monster

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus