Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Ressurected Monster

James Ambrose Crowley (played by Hurricane_Lance) Topic Starter

He would smirk softly as he opened one eye.

"Well then. We'll start from the beginning. Vampires are quite stealthy. This is why you heard no sound of my entry. As for how. Like most people. The front door. Yeah vampire lore states a vampire cannot cross the threshold of a domicile without given permission. Well you already gave me permission anyways so that solved any issues on that front."

He then chuckled softly as he stepped from the shadows showing his skin had a normal normal appearance since he had fed. His skin actually had some color to it.

"And my apologies for startling you. I just figured you would have expected something like that. I mean I am a vampire after all. There's some things you got to learn to expect when dealing with my kind."

He then chuckled once more as he looked around for a moment examining the building then back to her.

"So...Where shall we begin?"
Variel (played by Pineapple)

She was just about to sit down when she remembered something, Her digital recorder. After setting her coffee cup down on the table she would move past him this time to get to her jacket which was draped over one for the dining room chairs. After retrieving the small device she looked to him as she headed over to the couch, "Have a seat." She motioned him over to follow her to couch or chair, whichever he preferred.

As she sat in one corner of the couch she would place the digital recorder on the table, but it wasn't turned on she always asked before she did something like that. She would raise her luminous eyes to him and sigh softly, "So you're saying I shouldn't have expected manners?" She quirked a brow to him for a moment. "Well from no on I'll just expect the unexpected from you." She would then sigh softly. Why are you arguing manners with a vampire she silently reprimanded herself. "Don't take that the wrong way...I just expected you to knock."

To his question of where to begin, a soft shrug of her shoulders was given. "Well that depends on you." she lifted the cup of coffee. "I could fire off questions, and you answer them." she took a sip of coffee, "Or you can speak, and I can listen. Sort of cliche, but you could tell your story...or even just parts of it. Give us mortals a glimpse of what it is to live forever."

He watched her quietly for a moment as she moved about but remained standing for the moment despite her asking him to sit.

"Perhaps I'll sit later. And no. I meant you should have expected a stealthy entrance."

He then chuckled softly as he began to pace back and forth while rubbing his chin in thought.

"We'll go with you fire off questions and me answer. I'd rather not bore you with details of my life you may not be interested in. Obviously to begin every story of ones life, they should begin at the beginning and I'd rather not waste time reciting about 500 years worth of history."

He then glanced to the recorder and chuckled a bit.

"And depending on the questions you ask, O hope you have back up tapes."

He then chuckled softly.

"So on that note I say...ask away."

She set her coffee cup down and then nodded her head to his words, "Well I at least expected you to announce yourself instead of watching me." she would sigh, "But lets just forget about it." she shook her head a bit trying to get her mind focused back on the task a head as he continued on speaking. She would look back up to him and nod her head. "Well I can point out that my job is collect this information, and you're immortal. What is time to you?" she wasn't trying to be rude, it was an honest question made out of curiosity.

As he spoke of her digital recorder a smile cracked her lips, "I do." she leaned forward and switched the recorder on, then looked up to him. "How about we start with that question. You say you don't want to waste time. Well my job consists of countless hours listening to people, and you're immortal...what is time to someone like yourself?"

She then sat back and watched him.

He glanced to her then to the recorder once more as she turned it on. He then looked back to her as she asked the question.

"Time to me...it's the same thing as it is to you. Seconds, minutes, hours and so forth. It just goes longer for me. A lot longer. Eventually you just get bored with it and pay it no mind. That's why though punctual, we vampires don't seem to mind time. To us...one could say it's irrelevant."

He then grinned a bit.

"It's really relaxing in some ways to know that father time doesn't have a hold of you any more..."

Vee was silent, she merely watched him. This was the point of the job where she took in little details about the subject, facial expressions, mannerisms, anything that was worth noting later on. As he continued talking she would lift her coffee and finish off the contents of the cup. Which really wasn't much as she had sloshed half of it onto herself when he startled her.

She smiled a little as she set the cup down, "I guess that would be a load off the mind. Knowing that there's no rush to see the world in it's entire glory...by darkness of course." she would look to him. "I guess the next question is one of the basics, Is is done as Lestat described." She paused a moment she had forgotten the term they used for it, "The Embrace. He said the blood is drained to near death..and then the soon to be fledgling is given the sire's blood." she was quite curious to get a first hand account.

He listened to her quietly for a moment then simply nodded.

"Yep. That's about right. There's many terms for it. Embracing...turning and so forth. Many people believe that once all the blood is emptied from a person, they die. This is true but before they die, they actually traverse to a coma like state first. Then the sire gives the fledgling some of their own blood which in turn awakens them from their coma like state. The transformation can take up to about 3 days though so it's not an instant thing. Honestly my being embraced saved my life...so to speak."

He then chuckled a bit at the wording of that last bit.

"Truthfully in a lot of cases, new vampires are born due to their not wishing to die of some unnatural cause."

Perked a brow, "Hmmm some how I figured he would have obscured the facts there..." She said, "But then again...I seem to forget about who we're talking about." she would shift a bit. "Only 3 days? Just 3 days to undo years of life. I imagine they're an unpleasant 3 days..." she screwed up her nose. From her readings she learned that all the human...waste for lack of a better word left the body after the embrace, "And I assume that the humanity," she better wording than human waste, "Leaves the body before the new changes occur?" she was just getting started with the questions.

Really she had been waiting for a chance like this to come along, so as long as he allowed it she would ask questions. She just hoped he didn't tire of this sometime through daylight hours and get bored. Her next question wasn't exactly the most informing one for the order, but it's one she wanted to ask. "Do you remember the last time you saw the sun rise or set?"

He closed his eyes in thought at her questions and shrugged.

"All depends on the person really...I guess. Some stories say the body goes through inexplicable amounts of pain. Me...I felt fine. But then again I as I said, I was near death already so it's possible that may have something to do with it. I'm not a scientist so I never bother really with the theology behind the change."

He then perked a brow at the question on humanity.

"Only temporarily. When the change is initially completed, the fledgling does need to feed as soon as possible. And the desire to feed is great to the point where they are basically already in a blood frenzy."

He then walked over to the shutter covered window and stared at it as though he was starring outside.

"Sun Set...Just the other night. Not the entire thing of course since the sun is harmful to us. But about the point when the sun is setting where the sky has begun darkening, dusk...twilight, shatever you wish to call it, it becomes safe for vampires to beginnwandering with minimal harm from the sun. It still hurts. Just not as much...Now as for the sun rise. Hmm... The morning before I was turned. That night was also the last night I saw the sun set as a normal living man."

She was silent once again as he spoke, still taking in his appearance. are his eyes really black, or are they just that dark of brown. Were they that colour in life? were just one of the thoughts that was going through her mind. "Well...no one really expects you to completely understand." She would tilt her head to one side, "So you only temporary lose your humanity." She made a slightly amused sound, "See now I figured that it was something that was completely lost..because you're no longer human."

She glanced at the time as he walked over to the window. By the time on the clock she figured the sun would be rising momentarily if it hadn't already. As he said he was out in the early hours of darkness she perked a brow, that obviously interested her. "Fascinating..." she had gotten to her feet as he was speaking of sunrise. She was going for one of her note pads, wanting to take notes, and of course she needed more coffee.

He glanced to her and chuckled a bit.

"To lose ones humanity doesn't mean they quit being human. Even animals can have a sense of humanity. To lose humanity could be more properly defined as to lose all sense of self control."

He then chuckled softly.

"Next question? I know you have more. It's an inevitable fact. Ask anything you wish. I told you I don't cloak my mind as I feel I have no secrets to hide so what's to stop me from speaking them?"

Was pouring herself a second coffee when he answered her. "Yes...I suppose that is right. But then what happens when a vampire goes into a frenzy?" she asked as she added some cream and then sugar to her coffee. Then she looked up to him, "Really I am interested in it all, so you're going to get many questions." she took a quick swig of coffee, then headed to her coat once again. She pulled out a small notepad and a pen from the inside jacket pocket. Then from one of the outer pockets she drew a pack of cigarettes and a silver zippo lighter.

"You don't mind do you?" she asked as she gathered up up everything she had come over for, then headed back to the table where a small ashtray already sat. "It's an odd question to pose to someone like yourself, but I always like to ask." She sighed softly, and rubbed her eyes. The her contacts were beginning to irritate her eyes.

He chuckled a bit.

"Temporary loss of humanity. Just like when a normal human goes nuts. Lose the sense of self awareness and self preservation. Don't care about anything. All that good stuff."

He would then watch silently as she got the stuff from her coat and chuckled a bit as she asked about smoking.

"Go for it. Not like second hand smoke can have any drastic effects on me."

He would then finally go and sit in the chair and looked at her quietly for a moment.

Vee nodded as he spoke, "That is what I assumed...but it's always nice for confirmation." She would say as she sank into her seat. Before she went any further with questions she would open the pack of cigarettes, take one out and place it between her lips. After lighting it and taking a long slow draw off of it, she leaned back in her seat and exhaled a plume of greyish blue smoke. "I know that it's not harmful but, I figured the smell might bother you."

Her eyes followed him as he moved over to the chair and regard her silently. She wondered for a moment if he was going to say something, or question her.

He just continued staring at her in silence for a moment before finally speaking.

"Why so silent? Trying to figure out which question to ask next?"

He would then chuckle softly as he leaned back in the chair a bit.

"One would figure they would have things...scripted so to speak. Or did my willingness to talk with you off guard?"

He would then grim lightly.

Shifted under his intense gaze, "Well I figured you were going to ask me something by the way you were staring." she took another draw off her cigarette, "And actually yes your willingness has caught me off guard." she said as she exhaled a plume of greyish blue smoke. After flicking the ash into the awaiting ash tray she looked back up to him. "And well yes most things are usually scripted, but then it feels so automatic."

"And I like to ask unconventional questions. The usual ones of course get asked, but I usually ask something like this. Is there anything you miss about being alive...human?" she wasn't sure which would really be the correct word, because technically he was still alive, and technically still human. "Or do the perks out weigh the cons?" She figured that all the vampiric abilities would wash away any regret.

His gaze narrowed at her question a bit before he spoke.

"In a sense I'm bi-polar. Why? Because I'm a vampire. How's that make me somewhat bi-polar? Because it goes against what I was taught as a child!"

He would then suddenly stand and grab ahold of the chair and turn and lifted it effortlessly as though he was about to throw it across the room. He would then stop mid throw and take a deep breath before quietly setting the chair down and turning to look at her.

"My apologies... It just aggravates me to no extent. See...as a child I was taught true happiness comes from being alive in itself. And now here I am. Somewhere between alive and dead. Yet neither at the same time. The thought causes a lot of my rampages...I did have...a source to control it...but that source is gone now."

The way he spoke of 'the source' was clearly an indication of another touchy subject as he seemed to shake a bit at the thought of it.

Vee sensed by the way his eyes narrowed that she had definitely touched a nerve or something. As his voice gained some volume she held her breath a little bit of fear creeping into her, what was she going to do if he really lost it? As he hoisted the chair up she the cigarette which was held between two fingers trembled along with her hand. When he set the chair back down she stopped holding her breath, he seemed to have regained control of himself.

She glanced to the recorder, and the little red light was still on, it had caught his outburst. She would have to go over the tape once she was alone, and see what it exactly was that triggered it. As he continued on she would look back up to him, only slightly paler than she had been moments ago. His display was a strong reminder to tread carefully.

She wondered what the source was, she had a fair idea. She had tried to make contact with another vampire mentioned in his file, it was his apparent wife. Abigale Fisher, who had adopted the name Bliss some years ago. After a long drag of her cigarette she snuffed it out, "I see...From the file we have on you. I could venture to make a guess on...this source..." she trailed off, expecting an explosion. Oh boy, if the council knew would have her working in the libraries for the rest of her life. They'd be most unimpressed about her being locked in a cottage with an angry vampire during the day light hours.

At the mentioning of guessing the source, he turned to look at her fully as he was looking at her over his shoulder after the slight out burst. As he turned his gaze narrowed a bit.

"This file probally has everything you talamascians know of me in it. Estimated age, mentality traits, things noted that I like, dislike...info on my personal life. So yeah...I'm willing to bet you could take a good guess. Unlike most though I will warn you. Guess if you wish...but choose your words very carefully."

As he spoke he put a heavy layer of emphasis on the word very indicating it could have very bad results if she didn't choose her words correctly.

"So...Guess away."

Variel knew that she was on thin ice at the moment, but she had already gone too far to turn back. She was sure if she directed the conversation else where he'd rage, so she would plow on forward.

"Well...you're correct. The file is composed of any details we have on record about you. Anything that I report will end in there as well." that's if you get to finish the report she thought to herself. She licked her lips trying to wet them before continuing on. "In our records...it claims that shortly after you were embraced, your wife was also embraced." She was sure that no matter what she said he was going to get upset so she tried to be fearless. No tremble betrayed her voice, or her body this time.

"I would venture to guess that she is the source..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Ressurected Monster

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus