Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Bones' Updates

Alrighty, since I'm so rarely on here anymore since I don't have internet right now and I've been job hunting, I thought I'd just go ahead and make a thread about my life's happenings - yesss, there's been enough changes to warrant a thread and it's a pain updating everyone individually in my off-topic chat thread (Just Talkin', obviously), it's easier just to do this.

Okay, sooo, here's the biggie: I finally found a job. Yes, that's right! Employment! What is it that I'll be doing, you ask? Great question! Why, I'll be a Jimmy John's delivery boy and sandvich - NO DON'T RUN /tf2reference - maker. If you don't live in the USA, which about half the forum doesn't, Jimmy Johns is a sandvich making chain. They deliver, cater, the whole she-bang. It's about the same as Quizno's or Subway, if you've heard of those. Is it not, however, like Pizza Hut or KFC - for they have neither chicken nor pizza. What will I make? I have no idea. At least $7.35. How many hours will I get? No idea. What I do know, however, is that I'm going to try and donate some money to rpr either monthly or bi-monthly, because I am amazing and lurve this place.

What else? Well, the internet train may or may not arrive at my house. I've been saying "Yeah, man, we're (my mom-type parent and I) are getting/hopefully getting internet soon! Television as well!" buuut... it looks like finances won't allow that. Our finances don't really allow for much more than paying rent, sometimes getting the electric bill paid, gas for our cars (I own a nissan 240sx [American name]/nissan 200sx [Euro folks] and it guzzles the gas/petrol fairly hardcore. If we can get it, I will jump back on the RPR train so hardcore, I'll earn accolades for findings bugs that exist in other dimensions.

That's about it for the major news. There's other things, but it's the type of stuff that's not really suited for intertubes reading. Eventually I'll get steady intertubes and get back on here, but for now I'm soldiering on by sitting in my car, until my battery runs out. But, anyways, keep on keepin' on, guys.

OBAI
- Bones
Kim Site Admin

Congrats on employment!!

For someone who is rarely on here, you do a great job of still welcoming everyone and being active in the community. You are such a dear, but if there's any way that money you would donate to RPR can be channeled into getting yourself internet or generally more comfortable, please put that first. I would never want to take money from people that was needed for basic amenities.

If you start finding bugs in other dimensions, I think I will have to create some new accolades..
Bonebag wrote:
If you don't live in the USA, which about half the forum doesn't, Jimmy Johns is a sandvich making chain. They deliver, cater, the whole she-bang. It's about the same as Quizno's or Subway, if you've heard of those. Is it not, however, like Pizza Hut or KFC - for they have neither chicken nor pizza.

That right there is why you got hired... cause you are BRILLIANT at realising that some of us DONT live in the USA and therefore have no clue what you Americans mean half the time :P

However.. being Aussie.. I cant realy relate to being "Euro.." *grins*

Congrats on the job babe and Im sure it will kick open some other doors for you shortly. Good things happen to good people. :D Thanks for the update. Keep us posted when you can and we will all be here when you can get back. *snugs* ~ Eb
YOUR off-topic chat thread? ;) Did we forget who originally made that thread in the first place! ;)

But the news is AWESOME! :D YAY FOR JOBS! I want a job :(
It sucks about the net though. WE MISS YOU. COME FIND OUR OTHER-DIMENSION BUGS FOR US!

luff ya Bones :3
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Bugs from other dimensions? Great...just when we thought it was safe!

Sounds like things are coming along Bonebag!

I'll second Kim's statement about donations, use your money to get things like internet access and such. Afterall, what's the good of donating to RPR if you're not able to access it properly? :)
Bones mai boi! Make us yummy sandviches and send them through the other dimensions to the RPR!

After you get the moolah to get back on here actively. Seriously man, congrats on getting that job, and I hope you'll be able to be online with us once again once money gets sorted out and in its properly necessities. <3 We miss you, man!
Congrats on the job!! :) I've never had a sandwich from there, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I agree with everyone else, can't wait to see you on more regularly so we can really start spamming the ponyspam topic! :D
Jello_Monsta

Yay employment! I have never actually ate at Jimmy Johns, I'm not even sure if there is one here in Vegas (last I knew it was an east coast thing). Hope everything works out for you, and you no longer have to look like a creeper in your car for the intertubes XD
Bonebag Topic Starter

Warning, road cones ahead. AKA: replying to everyone in one go and adding in new events.
Kim, the Dragonzord Wrangler wrote:
Congrats on employment!!

For someone who is rarely on here, you do a great job of still welcoming everyone and being active in the community. You are such a dear, but if there's any way that money you would donate to RPR can be channeled into getting yourself internet or generally more comfortable, please put that first. I would never want to take money from people that was needed for basic amenities.

If you start finding bugs in other dimensions, I think I will have to create some new accolades..

Thanks ;D. Even if I started socking back cash for getting internet, it wouldn't be enough to really make a difference on the bill - even with the little amount of cash I'd bring in, my mom and I are basically going to have to shovel ALL of our cash into getting out of debt. That, however, should only take a few months, and the way I look at it is that I can start getting my student loans paid off and get my credit score back up. Besides, if I want internet, I can just go out to my car or create a cantenna (google it).
EbonySNOW wrote:
That right there is why you got hired... cause you are BRILLIANT at realising that some of us DONT live in the USA and therefore have no clue what you Americans mean half the time

However.. being Aussie.. I cant realy relate to being "Euro.." *grins* ...

YES, I AM INDEED BRILLIANT. But yeah though, man, I try to be at least semi-familiar with where everyone is for that specific reason: not everyone is from the USA, and we (Americans, that is) tend to get into the mindset of "Everyone knows what we're talking about."

...Get me an Ute :D
CelestinaGrey wrote:
YOUR off-topic chat thread? ;)

COME AT ME BR--
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Did we forget who originally made that thread in the first place! ;)

...It was obviously the Oompa Loompas.
CelestinaGrey wrote:
But the news is AWESOME! :D YAY FOR JOBS! I want a job :(
It sucks about the net though. WE MISS YOU. COME FIND OUR OTHER-DIMENSION BUGS FOR US!

luff ya Bones :3

Thanks, Celes :D. If I can get a job where I live - Kansas, USA, quite possibly the most backward and economically desolate of all states (you know those southern states that the other states tend to believe don't exist out of sheer spite? My best friend grew up in one of them, and he says they are more culturally advanced than us. Of course, it's spawned a good egg or two, like me ;D) - you can get a job wherever you are. I BELIEVE IN YOUUU. I mean it, too :D.
Darth_Angelus wrote:
Sounds like things are coming along Bonebag!

I'll second Kim's statement about donations, use your money to get things like internet access and such. Afterall, what's the good of donating to RPR if you're not able to access it properly?

STOP USING WISDOM AND LOGIC. But don't worry, bub, I wouldn't even think about donating if I didn't think I could easily do it and still afford things that I need - gas/petrol/babies, food, and the essentials. I'm looking forward to the RPR anniversary movie :D
Copper_Dragon wrote:
After you get the moolah to get back on here actively. Seriously man, congrats on getting that job, and I hope you'll be able to be online with us once again once money gets sorted out and in its properly necessities.<3 We miss you, man!

I'm so lucky I even got this little thing, as pitiful as it is. There are sooo many people without jobs in my little town - it was a railroad town and factory town, then the railroad transfer station caught fire and they decided to cut their losses and bolt, and THEN the factories started going under a few decades ago; about 11,000 people in this little 23,000 person town are without jobs, so when I say I'm lucky, I mean I'm... like... I rolled a 100 on the d100, man. I'll be making a few hundred a month that I would have otherwise never made.
Lowkey wrote:
Congrats on the job!! :) I've never had a sandwich from there, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

I agree with everypony else, can't wait to see you on more regularly so we can really start spamming the ponyspam topic! :D

Well, JJ sandwiches are... sandwiches. I mean, you've had one kind of sandwich from one place, you've about had them all. Most of them are just variations on the same thing and the like. But I am sooo looking forward to a point when I can actively get and stay relatively caught up on most things, ponyspam related or not. :D
Jello_Monsta wrote:
Yay employment! I have never actually ate at Jimmy Johns, I'm not even sure if there is one here in Vegas (last I knew it was an east coast thing). Hope everything works out for you, and you no longer have to look like a creeper in your car for the intertubes XD

I lol'd so hard when I read this. Yeah man, JJ is more of an eastern state thing, but they are expanding and popping up everywhere. Like I said to Lowkey, a sandwich is a sandwich is a sandwich. JJ is so hella cheap about some stuff it's unreal, though. Example: I learned from one of my best friends who works there, and also got me the job, that the drinks I'll be filling for delivery orders will be half-full of ice so that the store can save on Pepsi/Coke/Dr. Pepper/etc. They also don't cook sandwiches because it would add the the cost of everything. They are, however, EXTREMELY clean restraunts.

Since this has been such a long post, I am going to make a second post for the status update on everything. I normally wouldn't do this, but it will give you a chance to soak up everything here so far, chill out, and then continue.

SUPER Edit: Wrong, I went out into my car at midnight to VENTPOST in the frozen wastes of my apartment complex's parking lot. On the bright side, it felt sooo, sooo good to get this off my chest.

Alright, since I have the chance to do this - I have internet in my apartment for the first time in about a month (I hijack it from a distant neighbor and often don't catch the signal anymore and have to go out to my car to get a good signal), I wanted to let you know what's been happening with me.

I've spent the majority of my day learning the menu for my new job - I still have to get a test out of the way before I can start working, and I have to score 90% or better on it the first time or they just boot me out the door - and it's a bit of a pickle: gotta learn 26 sandwiches, in the order they are on the menu, and what's in them all. Seven of them are super easy, seven of them aren't that hard, but the rest have anywhere from six to twelve ingredients on them, and I've been studying it so much that everything is doing that thing where it's starting to slip together. I think with some more review tomorrow with one of my friends that works there and writing everything down 10 times in a row (that's how I memorized some of them, yo), I'll do it. Do review, do writing, IMMEDIATELY drive to work, take test, get schedule and work clothes, prepare for deployment into the world. Staying positive overall about the job thing, though ;D. No worries.

On other fronts, I'm... ranging widely from a 4/10 to about a 9/10, average 7 usually. I have an on-going oddesy (sp) with my ex-stepdad that I doubt will ever end. I think I said something about not normally going too deep into my personal life on a forum, but I've had an 'interesting' past month and need to get some junk off my chest, so here's your warning if you want to skip it. It will probably be fairly intense - nothing that would break the rules or anything, just going into detail so I can get my head on straight and finally feel a bit unstressed. If this breaks some sort of code or rule I'm unfamiliar with, edit this or delete this or whatever else you guys (mods/Kim) see fit. It's spoilered out, so if you want to skip it, don't feel like you're obligated to read it:

Short: My stepdad is A POOPYBUTT.

Looooooooooong:
I EVEN MADE A COLLAPSE THINGY FOR YA'LL.

Well, as you may or may not know, I moved back to my hometown due to a divorce that my mom and I were involved in. Luckily, the legal part is over now, but the fallout has been somewhere from 'catastrophic' to 'Cool. Cool. I can play that game, too, YA BUTT.' To those of you who have been involved in divorce battles, ya'll know what I'm talking about. To those of you who have been lucky enough to avoid it thus far, keep up whatever it is you're doing, because it is HORRIFIC. Here is a list of what he's done - and the caveat to it is this is the list of what I KNOW he's done, there are bound to be countless more things:

He attended his son's Thanksgiving dinner to call him (LANGUAGE WARNING!! LANGUAGE WARNING!! LANGUAGE WARNING!!) a worthless piece of shit that is a complete waste of time, and he was glad he wasn't his biological father and a waste of flesh & blood. A week later, my step-brother hung himself. Now, I wasn't overly attached to the kid, but I'm a human being, and I had a sad pretty hard for a few hours and I raged pretty god damn hard afterwards. I'm a fairly rageful person by nature, believe it or not, but I've been around the block so many times it takes quite a lot to send me from my comfort zone of being scared of conflict and my own temper into "AND NOT A SINGLE F&&% WILL BE GIVEN THIS DAY."

He's started dating countless women off the internet - I genuinely don't mean to offend anyone who has met their significant other this way, really! - and now has some tramp and her four year old kid living in the house.

He has essentially blown off his daughter completely. He hasn't shown up to her sports games (she's in highschool and is always on the track, baseball, and basketball teams), he never showed for her birthday, and didn't do anything for christmas.

He's spread various rumors about my mom and I, but that doesn't bother me; however, it's caused a somewhat massive falling out between us. She was a bit frayed to deal with everything, but I was raised in an environment where conflict and terror was the norm, and I am used to this kind of thing - it's something I deal with relatively well - so I automatically went into my mode of "I see you play dirty. Well, I can play pretty dirty myself..." mode, but my mom was (correctly) in "No, we'll be the bigger people and not do anything. It's not worth it in the end." mode. Over time, we essentially went from our weird symbiotic relationship - we were never that close - to pretty much just tolerating each other. Without saying too much on it, my family life is non-existant with my parents anymore. (Yes, I know that she was 100%, without a doubt, with certainty correct, I'm just geared to get back at people the same way they get at me.)

Among the other things he's done, the one that I am both horrified and RAEG'd most about is the fact that he called up his daughter up ranting and raving about various things - ranging from how everything was her fault to how he was so wrong and needs her back in his life to be his pillar of stability. The prior of that is what I grew up with, and things that like really get my extremely close friends a bit... riled up, you could say.

Thanks for letting get rid of all that. I wouldn't normally do that, but I haven't hung out with many of my REALLY, REALLY good friends for about a month now - I hung out with Andy yesterday, but we've been busy with out own personal lives to really get a good brotherly hangout going.

But yeah man, other than the dark gritty [radio edit], I've actually been doing really well. Somehow caught intertubes in my room tonight - horrible signal as per usual (it's dropped four times as I busted out this post), but hey, haven't been able to use net in my own place for... weeks now. But I'll do what I've always done, as far back as I can remember: I'll just be me, and keep on truckin'. The world can just... *Slips on shades.* Deal with it.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Bones' Updates

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus