Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What are common traits among your Characters?

WeAreNeverBroken

Quite the topic you have started here, and after thinking it over I realized you are right....

So out of my five (current characters, that is...)

-four of the five are female.

-four of the five are white, and at one point Xenia herself was white too but after realizing this fact I changed her up a bit.

-all of them are violent in one way or another.

-the main characters of the two story lines (zi and ai) have issues with parental figures.

-the female's physical appearances are extreme in one way or nother (zi and xenia are sexy busty ladies whereas ai and Shiloh have a child's physique)

-they all involve a supernatural theme to their stories, none of them are normal.
Jello_Monsta

Hrmmm, I like to think my characters are different, but there are similarities.

-Majority of them are female. (but I don't really base this as a similarity because being a girl myself, more easier to play a girl part.)

-My characters always have an emotional issue, sense of abandonment, or what not.

-As far as looks are concerned, they can be pretty similar, cept for hair color I do try to mix that up.
Taciturn

boop.
All of my character are really tall. 6' and over!

They are all fighters.

All well built, toned or muscled frame.

And they are all mostly... Not really looking to get into a relationship. xD
TheLily

This does not take into account my anthro characters, which are generally all over the place.

1. Loads of my characters are red-heads or Irish.
2. Short girls. Lots of short girls - rarely do they reach over 5'6".
3. Tall men who are men. Beards, hair on their chests.
4. Most of my characters had a good childhood. Kind parents who loved them.
5. 99.99% of my characters are nutters. Something happened to them as a child (outside of their parents) or as teens where... things snapped. I think this is because of my inability to function as a normal person or atleast the paranoid delusion that I'm not normal which makes me abnormal, and thus goes on the argument.

So, the conclusion; short red-haired Irishwomen covered in freckles who had good childhoods going all nuts and killing everyone. And the hairy men who are jerks to them.
Mine are all kind of loners or natural leaders. They pursue their own moral code and have their own ideas of "justice", which sometimes gets them into more trouble than not. They also don't roll with the punches.

Since my characters come from stories I'm writing, I'm trying to limit them to no more than 2 per series. It's surprisingly hard and my female characters are a little weak, personality-wise, for reasons I can't explain. *sigh*
Hmm... lemme think. Well, i've only made one character on here but i guess im gonna go by all the characters i've played as over the years.
-All are males
-If they are evil at the start of the game, they usually band together with good guys to take down a bigger evil (i suppose its the "this town aint big enough for the two of us" mentality), however reluctantly.
-If they're good at the start of the game, they tend to make some evil choices through-out the game. ie; "nah, let the kitty burn. I'm sure that burlap sack is fireproof." Actual quote from one of my longtime characters Sparhawk (who turned evil)
-They tend to have darker origins, but they either use that as an excuse to better there lives, or to use it as an excuse to make the world hell.
-All my characters have found a love interest at some point in time. It makes the character that much more real to me.

Other than that, I cant think of anything right now, but i like this thread a lot. very interesting. and hell, its given me some ideas for making new characters. Nice job!
I only have two characters, which is kind of depressing, but...
I like characters that are sarcastic
Hide their dark pasts
High schoolers
At least partially human.
Common traits, eh? Hm...

1. Most of my female characters are pretty short, the tallest I can think of being Shyque, and she's rather masculine.

2. Most of my male characters have no facial hair. The exceptions being fuzzy anthros and villains.

3. Most have something they're kind of obsessed with.

4. Most were made with fantasy settings in mind, the only one on RPR that wasn't is Merrion.

5. Most are human.

6. Every single freaking one of them is extracted from one story or another that I should be working on instead of RPing, but... meh.
Most of my characters are human, though they have magical powers more often than not. I played an elf once or twice, but that's as non-human as I've gotten.
All of my characters share these traits.
-Short Dark Brown Hair
-Dark Brown Eyes
-Very Tall
-Pretty heavy
-And of course, all are male

Just like me

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What are common traits among your Characters?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus