Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » What are common traits among your Characters?

Here we go...

Golden Eyes - 4 Characters

Something wrong with their hand - 3 Characters

Artists (in some way or form) - 3 Characters

A taste for long coats - 7 characters

Is part 'evil' and looks it, but doesn't act it - 3 Characters

More to come I'm sure
All of my characters are SEXY.

That being said, the similarities between my characters ARE
- None are over 30 (Oldest is 26, youngest is 19.)
- All are female save for Juilliard (and he definitely doesn't act like one despite his TENDENCIES)
- All of them are fairly forward, flirtatious, well-mannered and jovial, but Juilliard is the only one with an EXPLOSIVE temper and a very, very short attention span.
- Almost all of them are fluffy cats (either Angoras, Maine Coons or Ragdolls), save for two characters who are big cats, one being a lioness, one being a panther.
- All of them have long hair
- Half are red-haired, half are blonde, and the one outsider (who is also a human) has dark hair.
- One of them has a larger than average bust, while the other three prominent females are not higher than a C cup (average bust size, I think?)
- Almost all of them have big butts and they cannot lie.
- And I play almost all of them in a physically appealing manner - they are attractive, but not to the point of being obnoxious. I like to play up features to paint a picture, etc etc blah.

That's it, I think!
All of my chars are pretty unique, but there might be something there I don't catch exept:
This is funny, I consider myself against single sex roleplaying and all my chars are either female or gender less.... Must make male character! :D
I've never really had one gender overtake the other. I like to play males and females. Maybe only one character of mine has an 'unusual' gender? I really don't like to call it that however-- seems kind of offensive. <_<
Kim Site Admin

The expectations of parents is a common theme that I explore. Sometimes from the perspective of the child, and sometimes from the perspective of the parent. Changes in generations and cultural norms are a fascinating playground to me!
Ooo, this seems like fun!

= I play mostly male characters.
= All the male characters I play tend to (with very few exceptions) be well-built.
= I apparently have a thing for tall characters, none shorter than 6ft.
= They tend to be handsome, but often downplay this fact in some way.
= None of them are overtly sexual, in any fashion.
= The majority of them are completely mundane and have no fantastical powers.
= I have a penchant for very warm tones when it comes to color selection for my characters.
= The majority are predator species.
= Almost all of them are Anthropomorphic.
= Big cats are my favorite selection.
= The aforementioned often have some bias towards domestic breeds, and/or other big cat breeds.
= I enjoy mix and matching cultural influences in characters.
= I also seem to have a thing for the inclusion of social stigmas as a contributor to main personality traits, why they do what they do, etc, etc.
= The majority are firmly set in a medieval to high fantasy/steampunk setting. I have very few era-flexible characters.
Oooh! My turn!
    Most of them have ridiculously long hair.
  • I have a thing for big butts, and more specifically, pear shapes @_@
  • None of them are blondes! (because I'm a natural blonde, obviously)
  • They are -all- of some sort of African breeding, or immersed in the culture to some degree
  • They're all relatively tall - I don't think I've ever played a character under 6 foot.
  • They're primarily women -- you go, Jaire, you rebel!
  • Almond shaped eyes. I don't know why. I just... shut up.
  • They tend to 'migrate' toward the same types of 'other' characters. Big men, shapely women -- but ten again, who doesn't?
  • I don't think any of them have contact with either of their parents...

... And now I want to make a character who just cancels out everything on this list... ;/
-No

- They're all smarter than me. Wtf is that about?

- They typically have something unstable in their psychology. That instability is usually extremely violent.

- 90% of the time, human. I can't handle all of the extra appendages.

- They always pre-date the 1600s.

- They each take a facet of my personality and expand on it. I'm too frightened to compile a list of just what that says about me.

- Their experiences often directly relate to something I've been through myself.

- They like poon. Because poon is superior.

- None of them have a problem with nudity. Apparently, I can't even pretend I care about clothes through a fictional medium.

- Problematic relationships in their past. Normally, extremely problematic.

- I keep being told they're all a bit sexy. So, I'll stroke my own ego. THEY'RE ALL SEXY. :B (... Except Vulfoliac. She's not sexy. At all.)

- None of them are typically moral. A good 50% of the time, they're amoral.
kuroi_neko Topic Starter

You know, reading all these just makes me want to make more characters, and start more RPS! Lol, everyone, as I've seen so far, have different preferences when it comes to making characters. And that's what makes a character awesome, no matter how many traits they might share, they are all their own being.
- Most are female. [Fandom OCs are generally male]
- My females are generally stubborn and/or passionate about a certain thing. [My males are usually kinda silly]
- Many have somewhat depressing childhoods.
- My originals, all of them being from the same land, usually have similar physical features. (Light hair, dark skin)
- Fandom OCs always have a pet. (Alligator, Ferret, Dog, Cat, etc.)
- Though many don't have official art, my friends and I have all come to the conclusion that about 90% of them qualify as extremely attractive. (Whether or not their personalities are also attractive varies)
- My men are very tall.
- My ladies, on the other hand, are usually quite short, with two exceptions.
- Only about 1/5 of my characters is female, most are male. This is partly because roleplaying is escapism, and I want to escape the daily struggle of being female. Another reason is that when I started to roleplay, I was the only female in a group of immature, pubescent boys. I had to protect myself from sexism by playing male characters, and I daresay I did it better than those boys ever did.

- The majority of my characters are elves, the rest are human. I’d really like to try and play something more exotic and original, but I just don’t seem to have much affinity for it. I’m quite jealous of other people’s colourful, original characters. Although I did play an Thri’Kreen once, which is an insectoid race. Maybe I should dig that character up again.

- My female characters tend to be sturdily built. Broad hips, broad shoulders, strong limbs. Except for one female character, Heron, who is a complete beanpole, which apparently was so extraordinary to me that I gave her a name that suited that appearance.

- All of my characters are independent, individualistic and self-sufficient to a degree. I really seem to value this trait, for some reason.

- None of my characters is religious or spiritual, with only three exceptions. One character is mad, overly zealous and extremist. Another is part of a cult of assassins who of course revere their patron deity. For another character, worship always was a fact of life as he grew up and he never really felt the need to think on the ‘why’ of it. All other characters either don’t care what goes on beyond their daily lives, or they rejected religion on philosophical grounds. If gods play any role at all in the lives of my characters, they’re always cruel, uncaring or violent gods.

- Half of my characters are bitter about what the world has done to them, and tend to shun well-meaning individuals who would dare to invade their safe haven of self-imposed loneliness. The other half is outgoing and open, in wonderment of all the good things the world has to offer. My bitter, introverted characters grow more outgoing and social with age, while my extroverted, kind characters are often faced with a reality check that tempers their enthusiasm. Unless they’re just too naïve, as is the case for one character.
hrmmm...
    Most of my characters are females, dunno why. The few males are there, along with a small number of unknown genders. Mainly those whose gender would be hard to identify due to natural reasons.

All of my characters have some attitude towards humans. Mainly ones who hate humans, or are indifferent. o.O

Some of my characters are angry for what they are.

My characters can die. Even if their a god, or a demon, or an angel. Of course, they usually get revived and brought back to life at some point, even if they hate it.

All of my characters will sometimes just wonder off if they see something distracting.

And finally, the last common trait is that all my characters may seem powerful...But in reality their pretty weak.
Minerva

Shurpadurp. continued to ponder. Many never had a childhood. By that, i mean luci, ferous, ash, rudianos, nes were all functional creations at their first dawn, created whole. Zenthus kinda, too... Unless you count the childhood of the dragon he possessed when it was about 500. I also don't play characters where i can use "sexy" as a valid descriptor. Most of their attractive features are preference based, and they could be called odd or unattractive looking. Zenthus has elfish features and could probably cut a rock with his nose or chin. Rumea is bland save for strong legs and being an unusual species. Ferous was considered an attractive male--then the world realized shes female. Rudianos... Is made of shadow and blades. Auroch is about the dize of a bear. Minerva is pudgy and young. Ash is old and has mideast features.The closest i have to a "sexy and i know it" character is probably luci... But he's a shapeshifter and can cheat. Any of those characters are too preference based to ever just narrate as -
Minerva

-as attractive. What else...? Well there's the simple fact that they're all connected. Ash caught a falling angel and created luci and ferous from them. Luci made zenthus, zenthus made rudianos. Ferous made qinglau. Rafe's family broke up because his mom cheated on his dad with luci. Zenthus made wehfre, who made auroch. Etc. Oh, and they usually push against conventional thinking. Ash is a demon king thats a harmless philosopher, luci promotes freedom, zenthus challenges definitions of good and evil, rudianos sees life on an inverse scale.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Most of my characters are male men, but I do have a couple non-gendered characters which is easier for me to play in many regards. And a couple wimminz.

Many of my characters are "Viking" themed, both historical and fantastic.

I prefer short names, usually two syllables, that are easy to remember and pronounce.

My chars usually are muscular in some way, either swimmerly and fit (like Rorik) or heavy and strongman-ish (Skallagrim and Heimdall) to straight up cover of Muscle and Fitness (Magnus).

I find RPing non-talking and serious characters boring, so all but one of my characters can talk and none of them are particularly serious (though some are grumpy).

My characters are usually not "pretty" (in a traditional way). But I don't describe any of them as outright ugly, either. In fact I avoid using any subjective descriptors like "ugly" and "pretty" when writing them. :)
Yuka

Most of mine... well, all of them, have a partial or complete basis in history.
None of mine really seem to have a common theme in the big picture.

There have been patterns that have come and gone in the short of things though.

Looking at all my characters, not just the limited few I have on here:

There was a period where I played exclusively male characters. That ended fairly quickly, and seemed to also coincide with my lycanthrope phase. I have several 'were-animals'. Mostly, lycanthropes are difficult to kill, and unless you bastardize the hell out of them, are fairly balanced. Given the chat room I was using, hard to kill characters were a necessity. Though ultimately lycans proved incapable of the task. Swords, Arrows, Guns and bullets only do so much in a universe full of superman like demi-gods that breath fire and fart lightning.

From lycans, I moved on to the creepy girl phase. Mostly horror themed, they were two girl characters aged 8 and 7 I think. One was blind and crippled, her knee was FUBAR (she had a crutch too) and feared being touched... and was covered in blood. (There was a story there, that few people bothered to investigate.) There was also the other, which was mentally damaged (not like retarded, just like... damaged from emotional and physical abuse) and physically burned and lacked the use of an arm. (Again, a story there no one really cared to look into). They served the role of non-combatants... characters that no one ever dared to try and hurt, and equally never hit on. Again adaption to the chat room. I also developed a whimsical wander-er. 14 year old runaway. She was mute, but her concept of magic was based on belief in the unbelieveable, and was influence heavily by books, movies and tv. (She could fly (among other things), simply because she chose to disbelieve in gravity. See Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy. The second book I think it was.)

From there I shifted to the normal-human phase of things. A human smuggler I could adapt to star wars, general sci-fi, or modern. Hired killers and mafia style enforcers. One police officer. One medieval archer. They never really went anywhere.

I then shifted back to D&D for influences, developing two dragon characters. Both were green dragons.

I ceased playing with the general public about this point. Finding most people either unwilling, or incapable of the basic concept of balance when developing their characters. Not to mention I have little respect for people who make no effort to avoid butchering the English language in a world where writing is key. I developed a few characters for a few things, mostly just closed RPGs with friends. Hence some very specific ones.

Now I just make characters that are cool for the sake of making them. Or because there a niche that needs filling. That pretty much the theme now for them. Unique and required. I sometimes dust off the older ones, remodel, then reuse... but i haven't as much going on now a days for them.
I always prefer that my characters have a severe fault in their design, whether it be a grotesque appearance, grotesque and horrifying mental state, a behavioral issue, or otherwise. I have a dislike for perfection and perfect characters.
kuroi_neko Topic Starter

Another thing I always do with all my characters, is I put in a deep, sometimes plot twisting secret about them. And only those who are committed to RPing will ever find out what those are, because I do not even hint at them in their profiles.

I basically reward fellow RPers who are good, and can stick it through til the end.

Sad to say, like in TaintedCaribou's case, very few have made it far enough to even hint at these secrets.
): now i am curryus

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » What are common traits among your Characters?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus