Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Back! And Irritated with Steam!

Wewt wewt, got my new gaming desktop all up and running! So happy to be back, though things started out on a rocky slope because apparently the games I got for pc need to be activated with steam and steam hates my internet connection =/ which sucks cuz I really wanted to play civ 5 and Skyrim xD
Kim Site Admin

Welcome back! I hope you get Steam sorted out soon, I hate it when it does stuff like that.
Claine Moderator

The Steam problem should be pretty easy to fix, I think. Sign into your account. Then from the menu select "Go Offline". A popup box should appear telling you about offline mode. Once you do this, you will be disconnected from the Steam servers but you will still have access to all the games in your Steam Library. I can say without a doubt it will work for Civ 5. It should also work for Skyrim - but I don't own that game.
Kim Site Admin

It works for Skyrim. I've had frequent issues with Steam and going offline for a few days works, and tends to fix it when I eventually go back online.

Annoying if you want to chat with friends while playing, but better than not being able to play!
GoddessKitty

'Allo! Steam has been glitchy for me lately. I'm kind of disappointed that you can't use a plug and play controller for Skyrim on PC. As for Civi, the online part has been a bit glitchy for a lot of people lately so you may just get even more frustrated! Anyways, welcome back!
I effing hate steam. I have dial up, go through all that trouble to get skyrim because i thought you didnt need internet to play then WABAM steam happened. I can't even get it to go to 'offline mode' So I've had skyrim since it came out and cannot play it. >.<
Welcome back!

Steam seems to give people issues. My neighbor and I think it may actually be causing my computer screen to freeze up, so he's set it to not automatically turn on when I boot up my laptop.
Steam seems like it either needs to fix some issues, or it needs to state specifically what computers and internet connections can't handle it... xD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Back! And Irritated with Steam!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus