Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Color Codes in Profiles

While I remain opposed to wildly colored forums posts that may burn my eyes out of their sockets, I would like to see the color codes work in profiles. I know that opens the door to wildly colored profiles that may burn my eyes out, but it would be neat to have the freedom to change the text colors of our profiles!
Tashie

I second this... (?!)

I'd like to see the ability to change font styles and text colors on the character profiles, mainly for character personality reasons... But I can also see how this function could be abused on the forums.
<3
Sanne Moderator

Uhm... Check my profile? Or is it something else you want?
Tasha Topic Starter

I mean character profiles, just to clarify! :3
Kim Site Admin

Color codes already work in all three places, and have since the site opened so far as I know. I just went and tested, and everything still seems to be in working order.

Are you using code like so?
Code:
[color=red]This text is red.[/color] [color=7A95FF]This text is periwinkle.[/color]
Tasha Topic Starter

Funky because it hasn't worked for me at all! I've tried it on several different templates and got nada, so I figured it was just something not supported in the templates for the character pages.
Kim Site Admin

Hmn, clearly wires are being crossed somewhere, but I'm not sure yet if they're mine or yours. PM me what you had written that wasn't working, and let me know what template it was with?
Tasha Topic Starter

Aye aye captain, info is on its way.
Well, our forums run on BBC code, so most of the coloring is done by "["color=red]Thisshouldbered[/color] but I really dont mind it. The only color that pisses me off is yellow, because ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO READ!

But yeah, for profiles and stuff, that would work.
Tasha Topic Starter

Spoilers: Don't put your color codes on the outside outside of an alignment code or they won't work.

Derp!
Sanne Moderator

Tasha wrote:
Spoilers: Don't put your color codes on the outside outside of an alignment code or they won't work.

Derp!

Haha, oh that's such a pain to figure out sometimes. I've always made it a habit to use text formatting inside alignment/tables/div layers etc. etc. because otherwise it gets funky and doesn't work. :P (Being an OCD neat freak pays off!)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Color Codes in Profiles

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus