Pearl Toms (played by Dxfoe)

The Team~
Keltania (Leader) ~ Twilight
Pearl Toms ~ Me
Nick Kell ~ Monkeycyborgninja
Leon Robertson ~ Leon
Rowan ~ MisunderstoodPsycho
Freak-Weed/Evan Thompson ~ Sketch

Pearl was hanging at her apartment when she got a call from Fury. Pretty much he was assembling their group of 'Avengers' since Fury had found someone new to join the team (I don't care who it is that's the new person). She quickly got dressed and began to head toward where she knew the Helicarrier would be. She pulled her purple hair into a messy ponytail and zipped her jacket. It didn't take very long for Pearl to reach the Helicarrier and get aboard as she waited for the others to get there.
Nick felt sick to his stomach, he never thought he'd end up here, on a helicopter bound for the top secret Shield Helicarrier. He felt more like a prisoner than a guest, there were one or two gunmen flying with him, as well as the agent that was sent to pick him up, Coleson he thought his name was.

"Don't look so nervous, the guns are just a precaution, they're hear to protect me, not hurt you." Coleson tried to ease Nick's anxiety, with little success.

"If you say so." Was all he could say in response. He still couldn't believe this was actually happening, he's had his powers since he was fifteen and have been able to keep them under wraps for years, but then he decides to stop one mugging and all of a sudden he's on Shield's radar, they come up to his doorstep and try to recruit him for their little freak show. Nick out right refused at first, he didn't want to be a superhero, he just wanted to be normal, go to school, get a job, maybe find a girl desperate enough to go out with him, but they were persistent, and eventually Nick got tired of dodging them. And so, here he was, on his way to meet the rest of his "teammates" for the first time. He looked out the window and couldn't help but gawk at the sight before him, he had heard stories of the Helicarrier, but it was so much more impressive in person. The helicopter landed on one of the many landing pads on the deck and Nick was lead out of the vehicle by Agent Coleson.

"Right this way Nick, you're team is waiting." He said as enthusiastically as possible.

"Woo hoo." Nick deadpanned, he was not at all looking forward to this.
Pearl Toms (played by Dxfoe) Topic Starter

Pearl knew the new guy was on the Helicarrier now so she walked off the bridge, heading toward the landing pads. She wove her way through the halls, until she finally reached the door outside, she swung it open. She watched from the door as the newest Avenger get out of the helicopter with Agent Coleson. Pearl recalled his name was Nick but that was about all, she completely forgot what his power was. She kind of stood in the shadow until he was closer, and then she approached. "Hi," She said a bit shyly, "Your Nick right?" She asked making sure it was him.
"Ah, Pearl, just in time." Agent Coleson said. "Nick, this is Ms. Pearl Toms, one of the first members of the Avengers Initiative and one of your new teammates. Pearl, this here is Nick Kell, our newest recruit." He introduced the two teammates. Nick couldn't help but feel a little nervous, he wasn't really good with talking to new people, even less to girls.

"Uh, hi, nice to meet you." Nick replied awkwardly, offering a hand to shake.

"Nice to meet you too" Pearl smiled shyly at him. She could tell this guy was socially awkward but so was she somewhat. "It gets kinda crazy here, but you'll get used to it" She told him, hopefully reassuringly. Her wavy purple bangs were covering one of her blackish eyes kinda. "What's your power?" She asked, making conversation.
Leon Robertson (played by Leon)

Out of nowhere, I teleport next to Pearl. "Man, you would not believe how hard it is to teleprt inside of the Helicarrier when it's moving. Took me like 6 tries." I look over at Nick. "So, I take it you're the new kid?"

Pearl couldn't help but jump when Leon appeared next to her. "Dammit Leon, you can't do that!" She exclaimed, slapping him in the arm. She had known him for a while so she was a bit more comfortable with being more open. "God, gonna scare someone to death" she mumbled, before turning back to Nick. "Yes, this is Nick,"

"Hey, how else am I supposed to get up here? Flying isn't as fun as teleporting, and it's not as fast." I put a hand on Pearl's shoulder. "Plus ir scares the hell out of you when I just appear next to you." I turn to Nick. "So, what're your powers?"
"Well uh..." Nick began but was startled by Leon suddenly appearing next to him, so much so that he fell on his back. Nick was astonished, to think that there actually were other people in the world with strange powers like him, it's not like he hadn't heard about the Avengers on the news, but to see this stuff in person was... unreal. Coleson sighed exasperatedly as he helped Nick to his feet.

"Nick, this here is Leon Robertson, he's another one of your new teammates." He introduced. "Leon, this is Nick Kell, please try not to scare him off, you have no idea how hard it was to even get him to come." He pleaded to the obnoxious sounding man. Nick didn't do well with his type, always the class clown, he never got any real respect when talking to people like him, he could already guess he may be the hardest for him to get along with. However, he was brought out of his thoughts by Leon's question.

"Powers, oh yeah, I have something like that." Nick said awkwardly, this was the first time he acknowledge out loud that he had powers, so he really didn't know what to say. "Uh... my power is Audiokinesis, you know, sound manipulation." He replied. "Like... here look." Nick then lifted his hand and a flash of purple energy emanated from it, suddenly a transparent field appeared around them, drowning out all of the sounds around them, from the Helicarrier's engines, to the fiercely blowing wind.

"Wow, cool. I've never thought of using sound to fight. Thanks kid, you've given me some ideas. And Coleson, before you say anything, no, my ideas aren't always bad. Remember the machine I made that infinitely makes chocolate?"
Rowan Malium (played by MisunderstoodPsycho)

A rather strange-looking woman had been boredly watching them from not too far away. She thought about walking off to find some other people to watch,and took a few steps towards the door, but she changed her mind rather quickly and walked back to her original spot. She regretted never asking why she was asked to come with such strange people here, but she had been a bit angry with her siblings when she'd been asked to come along, so it didn't even come to mind that she should have asked about why.
"Now, listening to you people talk about unimportant stuff is fun and all, but I'd kind of like to know why I'm needed here? I wasn't informed of anything when I was suddenly asked to come up here. If I'm not needed, it'd be nice if someone could drop me off back at the fair. My brother is most likely destroying my booth right now in a fit of rage." She spoke in a dry tone, occasionally trying to pull her hat down farther over her eyes.
"Huh, what are you..." Nick began but was interrupted by Rowan's entrance. From the tone of her voice she seemed to be just as miffed to be here as he was, he couldn't really see much of her face due to her hat, but the fact she tried so hard to hide it made him feel a little uneasy.

"Ah, right on time, everyone, this is Rowan Malium, our other new Avengers recruit. Ms. Malium, this is Nick Kell, Leon Robertson, and Pearl Toms, they will be your teammates during your time with us." Coleson introduced for what seemed like the hundredth time. "As for why you are here, you will be told soon enough, once everyone is gathered."

"I'd teleport them here, but I won't, just in case they're doing something.
(may i join this rp with my char zayne hes in a sense mutated he has a dragons tail dragon wings horns and dragon like eyes he can control the elements and also uses a sword)

Pearl glared at Leon before returning her attention to the conversation. She listened silently, and then watched for a second in awe as Nick used his power and then the new girl approached. She smiled at Rowan before turning back to Leon, "There's no need to teleport them, they'll be here eventually." She told him, reasonably.

Ooc~
Also maybe you can join later in the plot.

"If by eventually you mean in three hours." I lean backwards, propping myself up on nothing. "So, was the whole reason why we were called here to introduce us to the new recruits?"
-zayne would land on the top of the helicarrior walking into it
(Wrong rp if it is the wrong one my bad)
Vivia the Shapeless (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

Vivia flew through the sky in her flight form. As usual, she was carrying her trunk, with her talons locked around the handle. She flew into view, landing near the others. "Hey, sorry I'm late. If I didn't have to lug this junk around with me every time I traveled I might've been here earlier."She said.
(can i join this rp with zayne)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Avengers-ish

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus