Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » A little help?

I haven't actually roleplayed before and I really need some explaination/advice/tips so I dont mess everything up. I'm excited to try it, I just am a bit unsure where to begin,
DragonShard

Welcome to RPR! This is a very friendly community so no pressure :).

Ultimately, role-playing is just that, assuming a fictional role and playing it out. Some people prefer to let dice arbitrate success whereas others (the majority here it seems) prefer free-form writing. Generally you'll create a character and their personality, then engage in creative writing with others.

What kind of genres are you into? The best place to start is with what you like!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome welcome! :) We have a nifty guide to help out new roleplayers right here. You can search the Help section for topics that you're confused about, but you're equally as welcome to ask us! :D We're a friendly bunch and don't mind answering questions. :)

Maybe a good place to begin, community wise, is to tell us a bit more about yourself! Why did you pick us to begin your RP adventure? What hobbies do you have? What are your hopes and dreams for the future? :)
Welcome to the site! I don't really have any advice, other than you should probably read the guide Sanne linked to, and just try it out and see which style that suits yoy - that's what I did anyway :)
I hope that you'll have fun!
Bloopit

Once you've taken a bit of a look through the beginners guide, I'm sure some of the people here (myself included) would be happy to try a simple story for you to find your feet.

Don't worry about messing things up. We're all learning. The end goal is just to have fun.
Yep~ There is no hurry for you to learn :3 Feel free to take your time and get used onto it
No-one here is forcing you into anything or pressuring you, and if you ever need help you can just ask and people will gladly help~
Welcome to RPR! You should definitely listen to what the others are saying. First thing you should do of all of them though is to tell everyone a little bit about yourself! What are you interested in? Out of those, what are you interested in roleplaying?
Welcome to RPR!
Rawr~! Welcome to the RPR!
Hope you enjoy your stay!
Um, er, what they said! XD
Anyway, don't be afraid to hit me up! I do bite, but not much~!
Welcome to RPR! I think the others answered a lot, but if you still have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to help!
AwkwardGhost

Welcome to RPR!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome! That article that Sanne linked to is really very helpful to get your feet wet. As you can see, we're all very willing to answer other questions as they come up. :)

http://www.rprepository.com/help/new-to-roleplay

You are on: Forums » Introductions » A little help?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus