Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Based in the Ology Books (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Dragonology, Wizardology, Monsterology... Would anyone be interested in an RP set in that world? I have a few of the books myself, and I've thought for awhile that it might be fun to use them as RP references. It could be during the time period most of the books were supposed to have been written in, or it could be more modern times with dragons and such still around.

I haven't thought a great deal about plot - presently I'd just like to see who might be interested. Perhaps we could have characters who specialize in whatever books we each have. Perhaps it's a discovery and learning about this secret society. If there's enough interest, maybe we could even just set up a group for it for further exploration.
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 30%
Distant war may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat will likely be summarized, not played out in detail.
This sounds like a really interesting concept. Only Problem I'd have is I don't have any of the [insert subject here]-ology books. 'Least, not anymore. Used to have a copy of Dragonology. But that, and my Spiderwick's guide book, got lost(More than likely thrown away)
I have the Monsterology and Dragonology books, but they're at my mom's house!

But anyways, I'd be glad to start an RP like this! Who's going to play the dragons? :O
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Depends on what we go for. :)
Woot woot!
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Looks like only two interested so far.

Either of you have any thoughts about what you'd like to do in such a world? Maybe we can develop the initial plot from that. :)

Mind you, anyone is welcome to play any sort of beasty that also fits the world. So long as there's some little tidbit in one of the books to reference!
Well, I like the idea that the rp would have our characters writing the books? If that'd be cool with you guys
That'd be cool, but I don't see how we'd RP as what's-his-face the dragonology man. How about a daily journal?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Based in the Ology Books (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus