Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Angels vs Demons vs Humans (Closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Angels are real, so are demons, and they have always been at war; and now, with the foretold end of days finally upon us, they descend from heaven and crawl out of hell, turning earth into a battlefield... with humans getting caught in the crossfire. The demons show no mercy, the angels offer no protection, so if humanity was to survive till the promised coming of "paradise" we needed to rise up and fight for ourselves. Recent breakthroughs in science and technology allowed us to develop tools and weapons that could allow us to fight soldiers from both sides of the conflict, at first we just used it to protect ourselves, hole ourselves up in some fortress hiding behind a wall of weaponized solders. This was just our desperate attempt to survive, but the fact of the matter was that they worked, soldiers we thought were being sent to their deaths not only survived, but started bringing back demon horns and angel wings as trophies, the fragile humans of planet Earth who spent their entire existence hiding behind the "Grace of God" were killing demons, killing ANGELS!! We didn't stop there, we just kept winning, driving back the armies of Heaven and Hell, taking back what little land was still habitable, and we thought that maybe, just maybe... we could beat them both.

This idea came to me rather recently, I just finished watching the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion and with all of its religious themes and imagery it made me wonder, what if humanity actually had a to fight biblical angels, what if instead of laying down and accepting our fate at the end of days we decided to fight back, and most importantly, what if we could win. Just a heads up I am in fact an Atheist, so my portrayal of the Angels and even God himself may be a bit offensive if you're very religious, you have been warned. To the rest of you who just want to tell a good story that just so happens to draw inspiration from the Judeo-Christian mythos, feel free to respond, there are several characters you can be, a soldier on the front lines who sees cutting down Angels and Demons as just another day at the office, a civilian who is trying to come to terms with the fact that Angels have become the enemy, a religious zealot who insists humanity should just accept God's will unconditionally, even if it means the complete annihilation of the human race, hell, I'll even consider a demon or angel with a soft spot for humanity (but maybe just one), so tell me, who are you in this three way war for the Earth?
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 80%
Far future, perhaps interstellar travel (generation ships)
Combat 80%
Wartime/soldier RPs. Combat is a given and will likely be graphic, but there's the potential for non-combat "in the trenches" scenes. World War 2, Vietnam, etc.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Leon Robertson (played by Leon)

The plot reminds me a lot of the plot of Darksiders, only without the total annihilation of all life on Earth. Maybe I could use Leon, as a super soldier created by a joint effort of all the countries in the world, as a final solution to drive back the angels and demons.
Monkeycyborgninja Topic Starter

Yeah, Darksiders was also an inspiration, not going to lie, I'm glad you want to participate, but if you want to use Leon he has to be seriously nerfed, I'm sorry but that whole "he can use any power" thing is just not going to fly in this story. You see rather then any sort of genetic engineering the humans use more like cybernetic technology to fight angels and demons, so things like cybernetic combat armor, plasma swords, laser guns and "hover packs" are the typical arsenal of the "Heretic Soldier", you can be like an elite in your troupe, but that's it, no quasi-omnipotence.
Hmmm... I got a character, Vice, and he's a summoner. Now two options for him. First is he can keep his summons, as demons under his control, or turn them into robotic mechanoids linked to his mind.

He has quite a few actually.

Carbuncle: Drains away negative energies, feelings, the like. Teleports, speeds up natural regelation process by ten times, can shoot light beams from the gem on its head.

Hellhound: claws, fangs, drags souls to hell, breathes fire, fast, beefy, sees in the dark.

Behemoth: Nearly three stories tall, shoots giant, stored plasma blasts like a goku kamehameha. Thick, tough skin, pour eyesight and hearing. Relies on summoner for direction. Roars loud enough to cause near anyone to cover their ears to try and stop the pain.

Cerberus: Nearly five stories tall normally, can change size, three heads, breathes fire, ice, and lightning. Snake tail with poisonous fangs, fast acting, but slow to kill poison, causing fever, loss of motor controls, hallucinations, sense degeneration.

Wyvern: breathes ice, can fly, shoots ice beams from tail tip, can fire the icicle spines off its back, it's bits freeze.

Hmm, sounds pretty interesting, though in this story humans are incapable of using angelic or demonic magic, so maybe having them be mechas based on the various demon races utilized by the armies of Hell would be a better route to go.
Done deal. I'll get him made up some time in the next few days. I'm still bringing over everyone... Btw what's the max character amount you can have per account?

Monkeycyborgninja wrote:
Yeah, Darksiders was also an inspiration, not going to lie, I'm glad you want to participate, but if you want to use Leon he has to be seriously nerfed, I'm sorry but that whole "he can use any power" thing is just not going to fly in this story. You see rather then any sort of genetic engineering the humans use more like cybernetic technology to fight angels and demons, so things like cybernetic combat armor, plasma swords, laser guns and "hover packs" are the typical arsenal of the "Heretic Soldier", you can be like an elite in your troupe, but that's it, no quasi-omnipotence.

So, you say ol' Leonidas is to op? Well I have a solution already set up. Instead of the normal equipment, he creates a techno-organic suit that bonds with the DNA of the wearer and enhances their physical abilities, grants them a slight healing factor (for things such as small injuries, for things like bullet wounds they'd have to go to the hospital, but the suit would help in the healing process), and they can create simple objects using part of the suit. He would've made moee, but decided that he didn't want them to fall into the hands of the enemy, so he only made one. How 'bout that?

Well, that actually sounds like what I had in mind for the standard combat suit for the Heretic Units, it augments their physical capabilities and aids in the healing process, though the part about making objects out of the suit and bonding with the DNA of the wearer is a new one.

Also, when the suit isn't in use, it can be retracted into a modified Rolex.

Alright, sounds good, ok you're in!

Novarion wrote:
Done deal. I'll get him made up some time in the next few days. I'm still bringing over everyone... Btw what's the max character amount you can have per account?

You get 10 free slots with each account, but you can always buy more.

Ok, it looks like nobody else is going to join, so I think we should just start, you guys still on board?
Yep

What about you Leon.
Just found this, so if I'm reading this right it's high tech humans vs Angels and Demons? Sounds fun, is there still time to join?

Totally, we were just about to start, so what character are you going to use?
Am new here so don't have a character yet, working on one now though shouldn't take to long

Alright then, take your time, let me know when you got it.

You can count me in.

Awesome, good to hear!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Angels vs Demons vs Humans (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus