Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Red XIII

Red XIII (played by Asroc)

"Humans are so strange, yet they have fun celebrations. I am glad that Cloud and Tifa figured that Nibelheim's Shinra mansion would've been a perfect place to give out... what are these?"

He poked his paw in the bowl of sweet treats as he leaned down to observe them. Now, he was a creature, a lion type creature. Cloud did state that these 'sweet' treats were 'bad' for him. Though, Nanaki could eat baked goods and parties with no problem. Things did confuse him.

Laying down on his side, his flame tipped tail waved slowly in the darkness of the mansion. It was cleared of monsters recently, so candy grabbing kids could snag some sugary delights. This really confused him as he pricked his ears. Where there sounds coming from no place? This place was rather old after all.
Scott Pilgrim (played by WonderGamer101)

Shortly after being a ghost for a bit, Scott continued on his quest for mass candy, still dressed as Cloud. Walking towards the next house, he could see some sort of...lion-thing. He stepped towards it, the "lion" becoming more and more familiar. It then dawned on him that this creature was Red XIII.

Scott: Oh...

And Scott was dressed as Cloud.

Scott: This is awkward...
Red XIII (played by Asroc) Topic Starter

"Hm?"

Nanaki's ears perked up. Hearing a voice and what his eyes could see before him. It was Cloud. Or was it someone dressed as Cloud?

"Cloud!?" He called out. "Is that you?!"

Scott was pretty much caught off guard to see him. After a few moments, he thought about having Red XIII as his pet; he then thought about how the real Cloud, Tifa, Barrett, and all the others who survived FFVII could just annihilate Scott in a fight.

Scott: N-no, no! I'm a different guy.

He removed the yellow wig he was wearing.

Scott: I'm actually Scott Pilgrim... Sorry to get you confused...

(Void this reply. I did a derp.)
Cube (played by Space-Explorer)

Cube began to look around the place as he scanned around the area. The little robot walked up to the creature that looked like a tiger with a bowl on candy. With his pirate hat, and his eye patch on his right eye, Cube began to walk to him as he beeps happily.
Mitch (played by Derglet)

Mits stood outside the Mansion, dressed in his adorable Lion costume. He held a small plastic pumpkin filled with sweets that he had obtained from others. While his costume wasn't exactly scary, he had learned from experience that cuteness beats scariness. He wondered up to the doors and knocked.

Scott: I'm just gonna grab some candy...

He did so, trying not to anger Red XIII. It would be such an embarrassment to be mauled by him; or would it be an honor?

Scott: Happy Halloween!

He walked away, stopping and remembering about the remake of FFVII. He turned with a worried look on his face.

Scott: You uhh... You might wanna enjoy your time with Tifa... Just a heads-up.

He kept walking to his next destination.

Now, Nanaki was very confused. Not that he minded. Cloud, Tifa and everyone else had explained to him about Halloween before.

"So, if you are not Cloud... you are Scott?"

The beast seemed rather confused and befuddled. His ears flickered a bit as he lowered himself down.

"Interesting, so humans dress up for free things, right?"

Scott: ...Just today. But it's for candy!

He pointed towards the bowl.

Scott: You know, those things in that bowl over there?

Using his paw, Nanaki shoved the bowl over to Scott.

"Help yourself, Scott. Take as much as you want, but leave some for the rest. Yuffie tried to take it all for herself. Only to be disappointed that I was not giving out Materia."
The night had dragged on, and Valian had been bothered by two of his friends to go out and at least give the night a try. Sure, it was a holiday that was celebrated by humans, but he supposed that it would not have hurt for just this one night to see what the uproar was about for this particular night of the year.

It had not been long before Vale had stumbled across something relatively curious. There appeared to have been a sort of... fire lion. In some circumstances, this may have been normal... ish... but where there were several people gathered and partying, it was definitely odd to have said the least. Even more curious was that this lion appeared to have been a host of giving away treats and candies.

Approaching in case there were anything to go awry, Vale had neared the porch, only shifting his gaze between the feline and the human that had been there as well.

Unfortunately, Vale had not been one for small talk, so perhaps his appearance may have been awkward at best.

More people were coming? Seemed so. At least they were not frightened by his appearance.

"I take it you want these treats?" HE asked. "Take as much as you wish, sir."

His ears pricked up as he wanted to look more friendly, rather than intimidating. Using his paw, he pushed the treat dish forwards and waved his tail.

"We have plenty. Yuffie chose most of them."
Glancing to the bowl of treats that were offered, Vale had rose his brow with curiosity. That was right... humans often gave out baked goods, candies, and candy-covered fruit to passerbys and those that were interested in having them. Admittedly, however, Vale had not been too interested in sweets, but if they were being offered, he supposed he could not really deny them. Plus, Juri or Liuma would have probably liked them. They were the ones that wanted to do this holiday anyways.

"Uh... sure. Thank you," Vale said with a hint of uncertainty. He had not been expecting the lion creature to start talking to him at all.

Reaching out, Vale had taken a few of the candies and placed them into one of his leather pouches.

"Er... you... haven't happened to have seen a woman about this tall--" Vale held a hand up to his chin. "She has horns and a tail -- cloven feet as well? There's another woman with her. Ears like mine, similar skin colour to mine, and black hair. You seen any women like that? I've been separated from them for a while since the festivities began; they were... excited for the night."
The flash of green light could have been anything. A stray flashlight, a creature's luminescent eyes, some sort of costume accessory. Tonight, that was not the case. Instead, a shapely black figure fell from the beam with a thump and a groan.

Genevieve rolled onto her back, opening her eyes. A night sky, peppered with stars and dusky light, spun above her. Strange noises bounced around her field of hearing until she had no sense of where they were coming from. Teleportation devices did that -- they could make the strongest of beings dizzy and nauseous. She lay there, catching her breath, until she found the will to stand. With a few taps, she reset the teleport band and surveyed her surroundings.

A forest, gold-red and dimly highlighted by a moon. Plenty of cover. Sounds, lights, smells. The air had a slight chill to it. The voices were that of humans. "Humans," Genevieve murmured. "Earth."

She liked Earth. The life-form she had been based on had lived here. With a new sense of hope, Genevieve wandered into the open, stepping through the shadows with light feet. The humans were not wearing their ordinary clothing, and the activity levels for this time of night were surprisingly high. She approached one of the structures, which had a small crowd of dressed-up humans out front. First she needed to know where -- and when -- she was.

"Excuse me," Genevieve queried, "what year is it?"

"I do not think I have..." Nananki said in his tone. "Just people in strange outfits and grabbing every sweet they see."

His ears twitched a bit. He could've sworn he heard something. Or someone? Foot steps and voices? The monsters were cleared from here. What else could be around here? Children pulling some crude pranks? However, he could see someone. Yet another person and this one asking where and what year this was.

"I do not keep track of that, but it is Halloween and the last day of this month. Are you lost or something?" He asked.
"Well... thanks anyways. I'm sure I'll come across those two eventually. They can't have gone that far, and... if I'm lucky... they'll be back at the inn we rented by the time I get back...." Vale sighed as he finished his thought. When someone new had been approaching, the white-haired man paused before looking back to Nananki.

"Thanks again for your gift and for whatever help you could give me, er... sir? I know not how to address you..." Vale said, frowning a bit as he thought about what he had said.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Red XIII

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus