Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Exodus - The Group

Mornin, folks.

So I have this personal little canon called "Exodus", which is this far away fantasy world tainted with sci-fi elements, standard stock races (and some 'originals'), lots of background, and all sorts of lil' tiddlybits floating around in my head that I don't have on paper yet.

Oh, and it has a group.

But I'm not advertising it like it's open for business-- not yet, anyway. For now the group is an information dump, so I have a solid place to put stuff. You'll probably start to notice however that it does seem like I'm preparing for some sort of official opening...

And now we're onto why I'm writing this in the first place. I want to know what information would appeal more to potential members than others. I've already got a plan of what I want to write down, but the world is so vast that I can't hope to put down every inch of it before I would open it up. There's just too much!

So, RPR denizens, let's hypothetically presume you would like to join (please, just humor me); what information would you want to see prior to joining?

This serves a bit of a double-purpose: I get an idea of how much or little information people are comfortable with prior to joining an RP group, and it gets me off my lazy bum as incentive to get stuff jotted down quicker.

So there you have it. If you've gotten this far, thanks for suffering through my information-overload! Hope to hear from you soon!
How's about a list of available races and classes as well as restrictions they may have that differentiates them from the same classes of other universes. Such as Weres who lack the ability to change due to microchips implanted in their skulls at birth but still bear other characteristics such as keen senses and stuff?
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

Lance2011 wrote:
How's about a list of available races and classes as well as restrictions they may have that differentiates them from the same classes of other universes.
How... how do I put this? Exodus doesn't... quite have a races & classes "list" to pick and chose from.

Races-
I figure it has 2 categories-- Natives and Non-Natives. Native races will be found under Life & Land, and all their information you need to know to play one goes under there. Non-Natives are characters of a player's own making with no ties to Exodus when they first show up in RP; your current characters would count in that list, Lance, as would everyone in mine except Draconus, Lauren F., and Renfel.

Classes-
In this regard, Exodus is also pretty open. If you want to play a Ranger, play a Ranger. If you want to play a necromancer, play a necromancer. Since the group isn't stats-based, there are no... well, classes officially to make a list of. If you want to play a certain class, go ahead-- the fantasy and sci-fi natures of the world will probably guarantee it has a place somewhere in the world.
Quote:
Such as Weres who lack the ability to change due to microchips implanted in their skulls at birth but still bear other characteristics such as keen senses and stuff?
Nice example, but sort of silly-- if such a thing was to happen, it would be a case-by-case basis and probably because the Empire caught a werewolf and wanted to screw up how it functions. Things like werewolves, vampires, fairies, etc are pretty standard-- if you make a vampire that follows standard folklore and stories, I'll be fine with it. If you bring in a WoD vampire or a Twilight one, I'll probably let it in but say that it is not native to Exodus and isn't what you normally find in vampires.

"So wait, why is this so vague, Lauren?"
Exodus is extremely open. Highly open. Its interdimensional Nexus-like nature means all sorts of things can get in and out, so as long as a player's character is balanced and not too over-the-top race and 'class' wise, I'll probably let it in. Race and class wise, I don't want to see godly one man super-hybrid armies, and if you're going to play one of my native races, I expect you to follow their canon listed in Life and Land.

Does this... clear things up? I spent 'bout 20 minutes trying to formulate a decent answer that doesn't sound silly or n00bish, and I still feel like it's silly and n00bish.
I totally want in on this. A list of, like, organizations within the world would be nice. If this is science fiction fused with fantasy, I figure there'd be a lot of overlap between church and technology. Either an Adeptus Mechanicus-style church, or maybe an entire damn Imperium like in 40K.

Not quite, Taco.

*jotting down notes of what she needs to get on the ball about* There IS religion in the science-fiction nations. The Chehtorians worship a monotheistic god, the Theocartarusians (say that w/o a tied tongue) worship a pantheon of three gods, and the Quxi’thuese... actually I don't have their religion down yet. I've been neglecting them, I admit it.

The technology just doesn't rule their lives to the point of being worshiped like a god, and those three haven't been on Exodus long enough to get a firm foothold like that with most of the natives. There might be a couple of groups who might consider the USERS and makers of all this stuff to be deities, but not the actual technology itself.

But you wanted a list of organizations too... can you be a little more specific? Are we talking about nations, benevolent groups, terrorists, etc? If you want ALL of that, I may actually decline until a need to bring up information on them comes about. All those groups probably do or will exist in some form, but I don't want to burn out in the present writing down every bit of information I "could possibly" end up having in the future.
Kim Site Admin

AHHHH YOUR BANNER IS GORGEOUS.

Nope, I'm sold, all I need to know. ;)

EDIT: Actually, paging through the information and/or placeholders for future information you have, I am very impressed. I don't think a sci-fi continuity needs every bit of info ever, but it does need to provide all the info on the stuff it is most focused on exploring. And you seem to be doing that.
Hmm...This is piquing my interest more as more info is revealed.

@Kim If only a banner could get people in that easily~!

And I'm slowly working on that. Slowly. Although the three sci-fi nations aren't purely military based, they focus a good deal on war machines to keep each other at bay, pacify one another, or beat the ever-loving-snot out of everyone else.

And at one point in time, the natives of Exodus did as well-- there's all sorts of magical-based technology used for all sorts of things, including giant world-shaping devices and fortified fortresses of doom and destruction. There's a reason the western hemisphere is covered in massive lakes. Most of these are buried away, locked up, or were lost to the ravages of time. The Lorlexians dug up a couple of things like self-piloting water and air ships and some cannons, but the only nation that still has and utilizes their own magitechnological devices are the Iceglacians. Ice canons in "Siberian Hell" for the epic win when you need to fend off the Empire.
<doesn't consider that much of a spoiler dump because it's pretty well known natives had this stuff at some point-- it's an integral part of the reason the world has 'technology vs magic' conflicts every few hundred years>

But uh, back to our favorite three sci-fi groups, I need to work on how the lunar nations function on their lil' man-made moon cities and all the buildings and lesser, every-day machines the Chehtorians own. Not every square inch of their lives is cyber punk and science-fiction (they still use light-bulbs, for example), but they've got some pretty wicked stuff too. Hovercrafts with a distinct "old time" retro look, air ships, and energy pistols right alongside street markets, diners, clothing that doesn't glow with funny looking symbols or allow you to jetpack or teleport...

@Lance And as it's supposed to do. Means I'm doing my job... right? I hope so, anyway. ^^;
Doing it good enough. Got me hooked. I may even take advantage of having one open character slot to make a new character just for this. Heh.

Wonderful! Also if you'd like-- that is, if I have it set up, which I believe I do-- you can just apply as your self and post character sheets on the group's forum too. I have a section set up just for that, on the off-chance someone wants to save character slots or just wants to throw up even more information they don't have/can't add to their profiles.

But do remember, I am not officially opened, so if y'all DO shoot off apps at me, I might not accept them right away! I am still info-dumping, slow as it may be, as I figure out how much or little info people would want to have on hand.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Exodus - The Group

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus