Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Figuring out a story for my half-dragon. (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

A while ago I made a half-dragon named Lancelyn (or Lance for short) which you can find here. The thing is, while I have a background story I'm currently looking for an RP or storyline to drop him into. This can be a lot of different things, a rescue, a country at war, a mercenary job or even a romance (though some things need to be clarified if that's your preference). I'm really not sure yet which direction I wanna go with it so suggestions are welcome.

A few things to know about Lance:
- his father is dead
- mother missing
- son of a union between a dark dragon male and human female (shunned for it by dragons)
- been on his own for decades
- hides his draconian half (the mental as well as the physical part of it)

Have any ideas or think your character might fit? Drop a reaction or inbox me and I'll take a look at the matchup!
Magic 60%
Magic may be accepted as truth but is not common. It might be harnessed only by specific beings. Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.
Various Characters (played anonymously)

Edernopha or Valardunos might fit :). Both have story ideas posted on their pages and we could always come up with a new one too.
Elysia (played by lyingsmile15)

*raises hand to volunteer*
Freyya Topic Starter

Hmm I'm already figuring out a 1x1 in PM but maybe we can do another RP with a small group if you are both up for it

I'd be open to it. But I'm not sure how it would work out.
Freyya Topic Starter

maybe a war scenario that our characters get dragged into against their will or something. Or at least against lance's will :')

Well, like I said, I'm open to it. *shrugs*
Freyya Topic Starter

any specific ideas then?

Well, I'd like to have the other person say they want to do the group RP first so then we could plan as a group. But, the whole war idea could work... or if the other person, with the two dragons, was cool with it, we could maybe use one of her ideas from her characters' profiles to come up with something?
Freyya Topic Starter

we sure could :) let's wait a bit then

I could do a group game if you guys had wanted to try :)

Cool. ^^ So... we could do the war idea, or maybe do something from one of your characters' profiles. You have some really neat ideas there.
Freyya Topic Starter

either's fine by me. You got any specific Suggestions Elysia? any story(/ies) from your profiles you'd like to play? or do you prefer a war RP? either way is fine by me :)

Elysia's profile doesn't really have much that would help make a story. I mean, she's a shaman and lives in a forest. Not much to run with. XD

I did think that the "Errand of Mercy" or "Glory and Fame" ideas off of Edernopha's profile might be storylines that could fit three characters, depending on what you two think.
Freyya Topic Starter

for Edernopha I actually preferred the "peaceful death" one to be fair (and I screwed up, I had that adressed to her but I messed up the names xD )

I could do any of those three with Edernopha if folks wanted :D
Freyya Topic Starter

so what's the concrete plan then. Say we do the peaceful death RP for example, I'd love trying it out but Lance is a wanderer, he doesn't have a keep to protect her in. Unless Elysia or an NPC can provide that it might not be a good idea. Maybe we can combine an idea with a war setting?

Perhaps Lance is stuck in the land when the opposing armies make their arrivals and it's too risky to be out and about. Or perhaps the ruler of said land take shim up for help?
Darik Sharpe (played anonymously)

I have an idea, PM me if you're interested.
Freyya Topic Starter

Various Characters wrote:
Perhaps Lance is stuck in the land when the opposing armies make their arrivals and it's too risky to be out and about. Or perhaps the ruler of said land take shim up for help?

that sounds pretty viable. Lance is a loner but he's not stupid, he'll probably take refuge and accept gold to protect someone as well.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Figuring out a story for my half-dragon. (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus