Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » A shy hello

Okay so i'm totally new to this website, and have already gotten confused on how to say "hello" for an introduction.
My original post was: "Hello! I'm Morgan, and i've been making ocs for three years now, roleplaying for the same. I'm sorta new to this website, and to any roleplay website, but I love making stories and meeting other's and their ocs. I'm kinda shy at first, but i warm up quickly. I'm always down for any type of roleplay whether it be fantasy, sci-fi, slice-of-life, anything really. I have tons of ocs of all different species. (That i need to get down lmao) And i'm starting to get better at writing, so sincere apologies if my literature seems off. Hopefully we can talk!"
And to be frank, i've only had about four roleplay buddies in my entire life. This entire website is awfully intimidating, seeing on how skilled and experienced people are. I decided to join this community to not only to roleplay but to: Make friends, show my ocs to people (Which is also scary to me haa), learn how to create a story more fluidly, get better at writing, and all around to have fun. But, for now, i say hello :0
Hi Morocii, welcome to the forum :D! There are players of every skill level here. Experts, novices, and everything in between - you will find someone to rp with, don't worry. We are also a very caring and friendly community.

If you want to try and increase your writing capabilities, one of the beat things you could do is just read. Read like there's no tomorrow, it doesn't matter what it is: an rp thread, a series of books, whatever. Use your imagination and make the world your palette.

Never be scared off new people. I for one, am very nice, and you can almost always find me in the Just Talkin thread. If you have any questions, feel free to message a mod or myself :)
DragonShard

Welcome Morocii! This is a great site full of friendly folks. Don't be shy about any questions you have or about jumping into some RP; there's people here who would be interested in just about every type of game there is I'm sure. Would love to see some of your OC's!
Don't worry~ People here are super nice so you'll be fine :3

And to be 80% honest, you don't really even need to read all that much to 'get good'. I personally am a veeeeeery slow reader, so I rarely go out of my way to actually rent a book (especially in this town. Only school booklikethings to rent here : / )
So no pressure~ Just take it easy
Rawr~! Welcome to the RPR!
Hope you enjoy your stay!
Hey! Doesn't matter if you're not good at writing! Like they say, every expert was a novice at some point!
Anyway, don't be afraid to hit me up! I do bite, but not much~!
Sanne Moderator

Hello Morgan, welcome to RPR! As others have stated, please don't feel intimidated! Everyone had to start at the beginning and we're very understanding of players of all skill levels. :) We truly admire people who come are open to learning and improving!

I too look forward to seeing your OCs, so please show them off whenever you feel ready. I hope you'll find new friends soon!
Welcome to RPR! I hope you're enjoying the site so far and making lots of new friends. Don't be afraid to jump right in, everyone here is super friendly :D
Asroc

Hey there! Welcome to this place!
Don't be scared! We don't bite much. :3 Maybe the occasional nibble or two, but as you can probably tell by now, everyone is so nice! x3
DrDragonHD

Heyo! Welcome to the RPR, I saw the little hiccup you posted, I was just about to tell but then I saw this! XD
Kim Site Admin

Many welcomes! :) Is there anything we can do to help you feel more comfortable here, or questions we can answer for you? :)
HibariHaru

Hi there! It's nice meeting you and welcome to RPR!. :)
A bit of a late welcome-- Regardless, welcome to the site, Morgan!

I love how honest you were in that intro. XD Honestly, I also felt intimidated when I joined last year, but the longer you get to be here with the wonderful people, and the more you roleplay with someone, the better and less intimidated you get. That said, I'd be willing to be a roleplay buddy in case you want to.

You're probably getting used to the site as we speak! Hope you enjoy around here.
Morocii Topic Starter

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I hadn't checked up on the website in a week but to come back to this has made my day!
Hey there! Welcome to the RPR! I'm sure you'll love it here, everyone is so friendly and creative! Have fun out there! <3
CosmicCometInOrbit

Hello! Welcome.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » A shy hello

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus