Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Oh gee. Oh noooooo........

I'm LavaCanyon but my actual name is Kyle.
I never RP'd before. I came here to RP but I get spooked thinking about it.
I've been avoiding making an introduction for about a week but recently I've been contributing to some forum posts and started feeling bad that I didn't introduce myself first.
Not sure if anyone can relate but I feel like I'm more excited to become a Role Player than I am actually doing it.
So I'm not sure how long it will be when I get the courage to do what this site is made for but I feel like I should get myself out there at least.

Okay so talking about my characters and series.
My series was something I thought about as a kid and for a couple of years shoved it in the back of my memory and hated it because it was just too out of control and all over the place but about 2 years ago I looked back at it and felt like it had a lot of potential so I revamped it.
My series is supposed to be slice of life but it has crazy things like time travel. How do they live such normal lives while the world is so crazy? I've been working on that and I took out a lot of stuff but it does still have the craziness and normal living and I'm very proud of it.
Omega isn't canon in my series anymore though I still have the character on here because I'm fond of the big ol eye.

Most of my characters are based around me because I don't have a lot of inspirations.
But hey they are based on me in different ways which make for pretty original characters.

I feel like I'm taking the red pill by making this post.
It's ok, you've introduced yourself now even if it isn't forced at all~ Props to you for having the courage to do it eventually
And no panic, people here are nice and understanding so you'll be fine :3

I personally have a dozen childhood ideas too, or rather, childhood, 2011, and whatever came after that

Come, grab a hand, I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes~
Hey, as long as you have an interest in RP, there's no worries on being so spooked, hmm? Welcome to RPR, BTW! You can call me Lotus or Light!

Ah, childhood plots. I've been there too. But your story sounds so cool, it reminds me of what I'm doing with my characters! Does your story have any specific genre?
HibariHaru

kUkoI.gif
Hey, Kyle! And welcome aboard to the RPR Express! Chu chu! Hehe. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your stay and don't be afraid to ask anyone questions. Everyone here is friendly.
Welcome welcome! I know it can be super stressful, but now that you did it, you're done with introduction! Good for you! I learned how to RP on this site, having no prior experience, and it's been a fantastic experience. Don't worry and enjoy this place! I swear it's one of the friendliest sites on the internet! Nice to meet you!
Welcome to RPR! Don't be shy, as I'm sure you've seen here everyone is so super friendly and we all had to start somewhere. Good luck on your RPing adventure! :D
CosmicCometInOrbit

Welcome to the RPR!
Sanne Moderator

Hey Kyle, welcome to RPR!

I can somewhat relate with your statement about being more excited to become an RPer than actually RPing. :P I'm so busy with all sorts of stuff that RPing is constantly going on the backburner even when I really really want to RP!

If it helps, RPR was initially created just to host character profiles themselves! Forums and on-site roleplaying didn't really happy until a couple of months in. Now we've grown so much that RPing on-site is as normal as creating characters. :)

Your ideas sound very interesting though! I'm looking forward to seeing more of you around the site, whenever you feel like it. :D
Hi there, and welcome to RPR!

I definitely can relate to being in the same boat as you. A few years back, I started roleplaying. It was My Little Pony at the time (I was such a huge fangirl of it at that point. lel) and I was so lost and confused. Luckily though, I managed to eventually fit in with the others, and I've grown up! After those years of 'adventuring' you can say, I made it here and I intend to stay here!

Ooo! That story sounds interesting. x3 I rarely roleplay with time travel, or at least in the actual roleplay. I have some characters who have experienced it, but it was part of their background.
Greetings, Kyle! We welcome you to RPR, where you only need your imagination, writing skills, and cookies. Especially the cookies. Oh wait, that's off-topic— XD Anyway! We're glad that you've introduced yourself now.

I have a few ideas from my childhood as well, and I'm quite amazed myself, thinking how I even came to creating them. In addition, I love your idea! Maybe I'm somehow drawn into the time traveling part? Yeah, I think so. Plus, I have a friend of mine who creates a few of their characters based off of people they like. I don't see why not. :)

Please do stay with us as long as you like. Feel free to chat or ask questions as well! ^_^
Kim Site Admin

Hi! Glad to meet you. :) I'm sorry you feel spooked. It's not so bad once you get into it, though. :)

When getting started with RP, I really recommend this primer on basic RP concepts as a starting place. Even if you have some RP experience, it can be a nice way to see what the general norm is here.

We also had some community discussions awhile back about how to improve at RP.. I boiled them down into interesting articles for those who are interested. Here's a selection of my favorite ones:

Writing for RP
The responsibility of ALL RPers (getting this one right will generally make people sing your praises!)
And if you want to put a slightly more advanced technique in your back pocket for now and again: Using dice to enhance RP

I'm sure you're finding your way around okay so far, but just in case, if you need help, there's a couple things you can try. Firstly, sometimes just typing a question into the search box will get you the info you need, or you can look at the categories in the help section. If you still need more help, everyone here is awesome and friendly. Always feel free to ask for help if you need it! :)
LavaCanyon Topic Starter

Oh no but oh yes more because everything is so cool.

@ Reima - the entire doge in all it's glory is speaking to me. It's spoopy but the good kind of spoopy.
Before even making this post I knew that this site was really nice and cool just by looking at some of the conversations people had.

@ LightSide-Lotus - I would be glad to call you Lotus and/or Light.
I'm not even entirely sure about the genre. I imagine the series to play out like a comic strip book but with it having a continuing story. The best comic that the pacing and story telling style my story would have is Kris Straub's "BroodHollow".
it focuses mostly on the life the characters more than the adventures they have. There are a couple of planned out chapters that have other genres to it. There is a chapter with a creature that is heavily inspired by the rake; That would definitely change the feeling. and three chapters that focus on Emily's solo adventures; I imagine those would play out like a JOJO chapter.
There's not even truly a villian; If anything the main character is the villian as he is the one with the power to do pretty much whatever he wants and has at least once killed without needing to.

@ HibariHaru - Oh jeebus thank you. I still feel like I'm just as stressed about everything as I was before but I'm okay with that and I'm happy. I don't know about the asking questions thing. This is how I think it would play out
Me: Hello. How though.
Person: Hello. This is how.
Me: I am enlightened
It's a really spooky thought.

@ FiaratheNothingess - It does really feel good. Every forum site I've ever been to always had great people; I honestly have no real reason to be stressed out like this.

@ Loki - I am enjoying my adventures so far.

@ CosmicCometInOrbit - Thank you, Apollo. hehe

@ Sanne - that does make me feel better. Even if I'm not gonna RP for a while, I do venture around the forums often. Mostly the OOC Forum Games. I like those a lot and I'm eagerly waiting for more to show up.

@ RainbowToRosie - I'm glad that I'm not alone though I secretly didn't think I would be in the first place. It is a big world out there and I love it.
Time travel doesn't show up until the second part of the series. There are five parts
The "Friendship Saga"
The "Time Travel Saga"
The "Our World Saga"
The "Out of Control Saga"
And the "Saga That Will Never Happen"
Time travel is a big thing but it changes from something that they use everyday to something that just gets used when they need something. It becomes just part of their lifestyle. Also a big thing is that the Time machine doesn't cause paradoxes.
The time machine isn't the craziest thing though. During the "Saga That Will Never Happen" they find a genie that gives them infinite wishes with no downsides. That's when the series officially gets from out of control to just plain ludicrous.
I play my characters as if it's still the "Our World Saga"

@ RinTengoku524 - It is really crazy. I made this amazing series which even though I changed it a lot I do think the original idea could actually work.
There is also an even older idea I thought about that I'm also amazed to look back on. as a kid I used to play with a toy ball a lot but while doing so I thought about how it could work a game. I ended up thinking and playing through these individual games and making a lore to it. The backstory is that an asteroid hit earth and killing all humans and in thousands of years Spheres would evolve and take over but I lied about the humans dying part as the radiation from the asteroid mutated them and made them survive but there stuck at the core of the earth. So it's a living planet and they become the main villains to the series trying to get there planet back.
I even made fake save files for some of the games noting the items I had and progress I made.
around that same time I made a sonic fan character called "Green Sonic" which is just Sonic but like more.
They can't all be winners.

@ Kim - I've been researching a lot. I don't know when I'll consider myself ready but I some faith in myself.

I feel very blissful looking at these replies.
I feel like I'm in a utopia.
The first rule of the internet is that it's amazing.

Edit: I feel like I should give credit to "SharkLover" as I made these responses in the same style as when she replied to everyone in her introduction. Using her reply as a reference for mine.

Edit: I also feel like I should explain that one of the bigger thing my series revolves around is the destruction of my main characters humanity. It's about characters with ever gaining power. the time machine isn't about the problems that it causes; It's about how much it changes their life style, about their descent into madness.
Kim Site Admin

That is a much better first rule of the internet than I normally hear!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Oh gee. Oh noooooo........

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus