Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » The Butterfly Effect (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Game Master and othe (played by Derglet)

What would you do if you suddenly had the ability to alter time? What happens if you could... Rewind? Do something different that would change the entire outcome of the situation? Say, get better test results in class or save that poor animal you just saw get run-over? Well... What happens if you meet a spirit named Eltrith who may or may not accidentally give you said powers? And may or may not follow you around making comments on your every action?

Because that's exactly what happened to you.

Now, you, yes you, have the power to alter time. Build the ideal future. Change the past. Now, your normal life is about to change drastically. For better, or for worse, you'll have the ability to go back and change whatever you see fit. And, if you don't like it, rewind once more. So... Will you choose to abuse this and have fun? Will you become a hero that only wants what's best for your friends and family? Or will you choose to go on with your everyday life and forget it ever happened, using it only when the time is dire?
The choice is yours.

For better, or for worse.

Hey there! I decided to make this because I felt the need to do something time-based. Now, I'm looking at a 1x1, or playing with two other people. But, I am willing to run a group roleplay about this depending on what you guys are willing on doing. If you all would like to play spirits like Eltrith and let one person go crazy with time powers while we all just sit and joke, stepping in to warn 'em about stuff and mess with them, sure, why not? If you all are willing to play people in the person with time-manipulation powers and don't mind going back to the start of a conversation to try it all again or have something different happen and alter your actions, I'm all for it. But every character, unless you are willing to be a spirit, has to be human. Exceptions for an animal that guides time-person or whatever. If you want to play that. For whatever reason. I don't really care XD

But I think you understand what I'm saying. Anyway, I would prefer it if time-person is 18 or older and such, just because. There isn't too much Fantasy in this, but at the same time, there is fantasy. Just not enough to have demons and elves walking 'round town. There will be no Post order, and I guess you all can decide between each other whether or not you want us to play in PM or Forums.
Magic 20%
Plausible legends of ancient magic, but current magic is not common.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 30%
Distant war may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat will likely be summarized, not played out in detail.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

Tinsley Rain (played by Marcat2001)

Tinsley is a insane character who has a sister named Maria but I think a more dramatic RP would be with Tinsley though it's totally your choice.
Derglet Topic Starter

Tinsley Rain wrote:
Tinsley is a insane character who has a sister named Maria but I think a more dramatic RP would be with Tinsley though it's totally your choice.

Of course! Do you wish to wait for others or just nah?
Tinsley Rain (played by Marcat2001)

SINDragon wrote:
Tinsley Rain wrote:

Of course! Do you wish to wait for others or just nah?
Your choice! :D
Hey. I'm interested, think this character is alright? I know you did write 'Human' character so I would understand if you'd rather someone else, but may aswell try my luck. :)
Is this still open? 'Coz I would love to get in on it.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » The Butterfly Effect (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus