Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » INFERNO [open]

Johnny Taipan (played by TheTwilightWarrior)

"Finally" He thought as they near their destination. He's had enough fighting for the past few days. The fights were at best, unfulfilling. He'd at least expect these so called 'super-humans' to put up more of a fight, but for now, he best sticks with the program.

His mind wander to the obstacle ahead of him. At this point, he was exhausted. The weight of the armour, and the time wasted carrying it was annoying to him. He lets out a growl as he too grabs hold of the rope, before making his ascent up the monolith.
John Goodman (played by BossMcFloss)

Heaving and pulling, stepping slamming his feet into the rocks to hild a grip, John went up, and up, and up. This perennial climb was strenuous work. They ascended higher and higher, and the ground was farther and farther. John called to Tai "We still have about 16 kilometers to go after this so say if you need rest." He went back to climbing.

He continues with great anguish. The pain in his shoulders begin to escalate as he ascends further up the mountain. He dares not look down, but shivers slightly the more he goes up. Biting his lip, he tries to quicken the pace, but slips his boot on the rock causing it to come loose and fall to the ground.

Minutes pass until the edge of the cliff can be seen, from where much more can be seen. Upon this ledge lay nothing nore than a pathway to a pathway to a pathway down the mountain. Another minute or so until John finally threw his hand on the ledge, slapping down with the bottom portion of his palms, rolling his hands onto the ledge and pushing with his shoulders and triceps, burning as he finally could rest, albeit for a short time. John turned to help Tai climb up aswell

Tai eventually keeps up with him in a minor state of panic. He grabs on to John's hand and allows him to be lifted up, albeit with some difficulty. He stumbles on to the flat ground he desperately tried to get up to and looks down. He shoots back after a quick glance and laughs almost hysterically. "Crikey... we did well. Heh heh."

John noticed that Tai was having some difficulty on the way up, and the way to here. "You alright man?" He asked. Wiping the sweat off his brow, he looked over the way down the mountain, another two days or so and they would be gone.

"Yeah yeah... It's just I'm not used to climbing massive mountains or anything." He comments.

He looked down to where they were headed. There was a thin layer of fog over a valley that stretched 8 kilometers into a wide open plain that went for a long way "Can you go down a mountain?" John questioned his friend.

He shrugs. "I don't know. We'll see mate." He answers quickly, clearly unsure of how he'll go about in handling this.

"It will be a good thing to know how to do. Oh and $50 bucks says you will be scared of a ten foot drop." John started his descent.

Under his breath Tai growls quietly, mouthing curses as he follows after John. "Yeah, we'll see mate. Don't fret."

John could hear the indistinct sound of growling and chuckled. They moved on passing nothing but rock until the reached a small patch of spread trees "I suppose this is the treeline." He moved on down as the rocks turned into trees and grass. There was a stream coming through their path, about 2 feet deep and 15 feet wide, with a decently strong current. "Lets rest before we cross it."

Tai sighs in frustration as they come across the stream. He looks to John and nods as he mentions resting. "Alright mate." He turns around as he hears ruffling in the bush, obviously caught off guard by the sudden noise.

John heard the rustling and turns to see. Listening for a second longer he said "Nothing but a small critter." He sat down to eat his food. John had spent long stretches of time in the wilderness, and had he not been on a mission would stay here for days.

Tai sat down beside him, a little shaken up by the sudden noise in the bush. A thought suddenly crossed his mind. "Sorry, but I didn't quite get your name. Either that or I've forgotten..." He mutters as he eats with him.

John fugured something was up with Tai. Hr thought it may be that he wasn't uses to running missions like this "Hey man you alright?" He asked him.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. It's just that I don't know your name." He answers.

"Oh right. Names John." John said extending his hand.

Tai smirks lying down. "A pleasure... John..." He mutters as he sits back up and shakes his hand. "So... John... while we have the opportunity, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself?" He inquires.

"What like man?" He asked him. He had many a tale of how he grew up, where and why various items he still carried. Surely he just wanted some basic info, but John would answer regardless.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » INFERNO [open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus