Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » INFERNO [open]

Harlan Ducote (played by floatch) Topic Starter

(Sorry if I was power-playing a bit there)

Quite soon, the Jeep begins to slow down. They begin to pass abandoned husks of cars and old military emplacements, littered with empty shells and leaking sandbags. The Jeep slowly navigates through the city, weaving around vine covered debris and wreckage. After a short period of this, the Jeep comes to a halt. A soldier reaches over and swings open the door and they pile out, bringing John and Johnny with them into a building. They are led through the halls of the old building and up flights of overgrown staircases. Once they are at the top story of the building they are brought into a room covered with screens, wall to wall. A figure is in a chair, gazing at the screens. He spins around to face them, the light gleaming off of his one, skeletal, robotic arm. He gestures for the soldiers to leave and they oblige. There is a brief period of silence, when he speaks up. "Well, you two, I'm Harlan. You've met my men already, I'm sure. Now would you care to explain what brings you around these parts? The APF frequencies are going nuts about you."
John Goodman (played by BossMcFloss)

John remembered what had been told to him about classification levels of what his mission was, and so he spoke nothing truthfully. "We are just a couple of wandering souls, we just happened to piss them off." He knew this wasn't going to work.
Johnny Taipan (played by TheTwilightWarrior)

((All good. We'll let you know if you're doing something wrong :)))

Tai grimaces as he stares at the figure in the chair. He breaths out and puts his hands behind his back, underneath his duster. As he does so he lays his fingers on his knife as he looks at Harlan. His grimace soon forms into a blank expression. "Are you with the Militiamen?" He asks, trying to sound as innocent as he could.

"We're a seperate group, but we do have similar goals... Seeing as you two are very skilled in giving the APF trouble, I think I'll offer to recruit you two. What do you say?" Harlan leans forward and sets his elbows of the table, looking intently at them.

John stood still pretending to be thinking. "I don't know man, I don't want to go joining any groups." Who were these guys even? He had never heard of them. Were they really fighting the APF like he was? He had his doubts. "What do you guys even go by? Namewise that is." He asked.

He gently loses hold of his knife behind his back and puts his hands back out in front. They want to recruit them now? He had a feeling that this may garner some great rewards in the future. He smirks while he looks at Harlan. "Well mate... that depends how much you're willing to pay. My services aren't cheap though." He says as he crosses his fingers in front of him.

"We call ourselves The Wolverines. And yes, we can pay you quite well, in loot from raids and money if you wish. You've most likely never heard of us because the Imperium doesn't want the public to know about us. See, we are primarily made up of people who escaped the augmentation process before their minds were erased. Modifying the augments to be able to utilize APF and Imperial equipment has given us a huge advantage in the fight against them. We have many exo-skeletons, mechs, guns, artillery, you name it, and we've been consistently upgrading and customizing our technology to keep up pace with theirs," He pauses. "Oh, and by the way, the name's Harlan. Now about the jobs, whaddaya say? You won't need to wear any uniforms and can only loosely be involved if you'd like."

Tai couldn't help but smile and giggle mischievously. "I was given the name 'Johnny Taipan', but you can call me Tai." He introduces. "You've got yourself a deal mr Harlan. But... I'd like to test one of your so-called 'augmented' humans. No killing, just blanks. Deal?"

"Alright then." He stands up. "You'd just like to shoot me Tai? I'm sure I could take it." he smirks. "Whenever you're ready." He reaches under his desk and pulls out a shiny, silver, snub nosed revolver and a few rounds. "They're blanks, go ahead."

Tai grabs hold of the revolver and looks at it for a second. He spins it in on his fingers and juggles it, periodically throwing it behind his back and catching it as it flies over his shoulder. He plays with it for a few more seconds before looking back at Harlan. "You expect me to fight with something like this?" He grimaces and hands the revolver back. "Give me a proper one and we'll see."

John still sat unmoving just watching this go down. He was considering joining. "Hey 'Harlan' as you say, how much is your group actually helping? And where the hell is my rifle, I want that back before I leave." He said

Harlan takes the revolver from Tai and sticks it back under the desk. "Oh, we're doing quite a bit... The Militiamen have been helping here and there also." He walks past them and opens the door. "Come, we'll get your things." He glances down at his watch. "And I believe I have a mission going out soon, so we'd better hurry."

John still was unsure. "I have something I need to finish before I consider joining." John stood up and strode over to the door glancing at Harlan as he left the room. He looked at Tai and waited for him.

Tai smiles and follows after the two. "Get me some armour while you're at it mate." He comments to Harlan as he strides out of the room alongside Harlan and John.

"Just wait until you see our armor." Harlan beckons for the two to follow him down the winding staircase to the bottom of the building, where they are greeted by a soldier holding Tai and John's weapons. Harlan takes them and tosses them back to them. "Now follow me this way." He goes out of the building towards what seem s to be a large hangar.

(Sorry man I just worked 11 hours at a baseball park)

John grabs his rifle and pulls the mag from his pocket. He sticks it in the well and chambers a round. Upon reloading the weapon he followed Harlan standing about 15 feet back with the rifle slung on his shoulder.

Tai snatches his revolver and twirls it on his finger, giggling. "Perfect..." He whispers as he holsters it back where it belongs.

"So what are we going to see? And when can you let me go and finish my-" he stopped and thought for what to say "task." He said.

Harlan doesn't respond as he punches in the code on a small keypad on the exterior of the hangar. The rusted door's hydraulics screech as it slide open, revealing a hangar bustling with activity, men running about amongst huge mech-suits, infantry exoskeletons hanging on the walls, APCs and tanks, and several various aircraft. "Here's our firepower." Harlan gestures to the hangar in front of him.

Jphn was taken aback by this sheer power in this hangar. "Holy shit!" He said surprised. "This is ridiculous!" He could not believe it. This was enormous.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » INFERNO [open]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus