Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy/Adventure Group RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Devi (played by Vermilion)

You live in, or are visiting, a rural village. One morning, though, you awake to shouting, and you realize that the village has been drastically changed overnight. The crops are all dead, a few buildings have been burned, and many have been afflicted with a strange, debilitating sickness. Who - or what - could have done something like this? With disease and famine running rampant and winter in just a few months, you and a small group of adventurers set off to find help and save your home.

-

Hi there! I'm thinking of starting up a fantasy/adventure group RP. I'll take anywhere from 3-10 players, depending on how much interest there is. I've come up with a potential plot and setting, but am still very open to ideas. I'm looking for characters that would fit well into a semi-medieval-style fantasy world - they don't necessarily need to be human, magic is allowed, all ages are fine.

I was planning on setting it on a very cold and mountainous world, heavily covered in coniferous forests. A few towns of varying size are scattered about, often in clusters that bind together to form small kingdoms. Technology is fairly basic, but is advancing quickly. Spears, swords, and other melee weapons are common, but cannons and firearms are slowly coming into development. There's also magic (fairly common), and it can be used as a weapon as well. Combat will likely be a decent-sized element in this RP. Romance is allowed, but should be kept PG-13.

Any and all RP experience levels are welcome - whether you've been writing for years or are just starting off. For the latter, this will (hopefully!) be a good place for you to get a feel for group RP and make some friends. And enemies. It'll likely take place on a thread. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions or criticism.

If you're interested, PM me or post here! I look forward to writing with you.
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, one-off scene.

Would this RolePlay be going off of a D&D style of our encounters? Because it seems like there will be quite a few characters present for everyone to be adding details of their own.
UpbeatOrchit

This does sound interesting, have being wanting to try out a new character i'm making :3
Oersted (played anonymously)

Count me up.
Devi (played by Vermilion) Topic Starter

Auscarsy wrote:
Would this RolePlay be going off of a D&D style of our encounters? Because it seems like there will be quite a few characters present for everyone to be adding details of their own.

To clarify, by this do you mean dice-rolling and such? I wasn't exactly planning on it, but if enough people want to do it then we shall :)

UpbeatOrchit wrote:
This does sound interesting, have being wanting to try out a new character i'm making :3
Awesome! You're in.
Oersted wrote:
Count me up.
Great, thanks!
Necress (played by Necro)

Count me in as long as guns are not over powered. And encounters turn based on responses i believe to be the D&D related questions. A set order like you me monsters player 3 player 4 player 5 you me monsters ect. I can change my powers to settings. My design is meant to be flexible And just an outline of what I wish to be and there is no bio as i can work that into the roleplay.
Kyna (played by Homra)

This does sound interesting. I have a perfect character for it to! Some adjustments will be made to her bio for this but it wouldn't take much.

Side note: I am very new to this site (not to roleplay though) so please bare with me while I figure out how things work here.
i would love to join this as well, if i am allowed

@Necress: Well, guns and firearms are only just being developed and are therefore in quite primitive stages - they're bulky, loud, take a while to reload, and are not the best with accuracy. Therefore, I guess they're not overpowered, as few people have them and they're not considered a very stealthy or powerful weapon in this world :) And as for the D&D... we won't have a strict order, but I'll try to make sure everyone gets to post regularly and is involved so no one falls behind.

@Kyna, @Ion - thanks! You're both in.
Aris L'arciere (played anonymously)

// I would be interested in joining, if you have any more room. If not, that's fine. =)

Kyna wrote:
This does sound interesting. I have a perfect character for it to! Some adjustments will be made to her bio for this but it wouldn't take much.

Side note: I am very new to this site (not to roleplay though) so please bare with me while I figure out how things work here.

Im knew to this site as well. I do rp normally But i don't remember comma's often sadly aside from that I should be good.
I'm very interested in taking part of this.
I do not have a character at the moment, but I'll gladly try and make a new one for this :)
Well this will be a nice RP for my character, Vermillion, to play in (Especially since I got reports of some snowstorms coming to my area). Although I do have a few concerns...
    My character is a Homunculus (Which basically means a robot, but it's still more closely ties to being a human). Since your RP states that visiting is okay, that's great, but yeah...he'll be very unique, but also out of place... I'll leave it up to you if you want the character to be altered in some way (Especially since I don't mind for him to become a pure human instead).
    Though I do have some RP experience, I'm very new to the DnD aspect of RP, so I would need some help (Or at least someone tells me where there's a good topic explaining DnD in the forums somewhere) knowing how it works.

Hmm... I guess that's it as far as concerns though (Although I may accidently forgot one), but if you don't mind of these conditions, then, like I said earlier, I'll be more than happy to join your RP...even though you got a wide cast of people already...
Definitely want to take part in this! I've got Zay who could be toned down from Sci-fi, or Azael, if a more darker character floats your boat. Then I've got Mitch who could fit in snugly here.

In I still wish to be.

All right everyone. Since we have more than enough people, I think we're ready to start! :D
All of you are in, you may use whichever character you want as long as they somewhat fit into the theme of the world (i.e. no spaceship-flying robots with machine guns - just use common sense).

Well. I've come up with a list of players who have replied or said they are interested. If I forgot you, tell me - and if you're on here but no longer wish to participate, no worries. No one'll hold it against you :)
  • Auscarsy (?)
  • UpbeatOrchit
  • Oersted
  • Necro
  • Homra
  • Ion_shock
  • Aris L'arciere (anonymous)
  • TeenFreak_
  • ForeverDreamer
  • SINDragon
  • Devi (me)

@ForeverDreamer: Vermillion looks like he would fit in wonderfully! As for D&D, dice-rolling probably won't be used here, and we won't have a strict order for posting, but I'll try to make sure everyone gets to post regularly and is involved so no one falls behind.

I'll put up the link to the thread here soon. Thank you all for your interest! :)
Erelenal (played anonymously)

Im in

Check that Im in but I will have to work on a schedule as I share this laptop with my mother. Any time i am gone i would not mind having someone post for me. If anyone has a PS3 You can add me and help me out :P If ya want.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy/Adventure Group RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus