Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Of Cults and Disaster (Closed!)

"I swear, if any children are harmed then I'm out. The only reason for me to be here in fact is because I want to make sure that you don't hurt any of them." He said angrily. Putting the cork on his bottle. He needed to be as sober as possible now that he knew what they were going against.
Pendulum (played by GloriousCookie) Topic Starter

Pen shook her head. "Relax. They'll see me as an Insider and cease the attack. I only want the mark killed, not the people he uses as minions. All Insiders are able to do this:"

She twirled her finger around in the air for a few moments. A small amount of electricity formed on her hand and the places where she moved her finger to spell out, "Rist'sha".

"The embargo on lightning magic helps. They can see my signature and stop the attack," she assured him. "That is why you only hurt these children if you must do so. They have been hurt enough by our mark, I promise you."
"I'll you to it..." was all he said, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back on the bench. He closed his eyes and relaxed. Trying to think of what he's going to do when they got there.
Muo Dotonetta (played by Rosewood)

Listening to the plan and warning about the ambush, Marisanthia nodded idly at the explanation. Targets were targets, even if they were a bit younger than her usual fare. Though she was a bit annoyed about the idea she's attack someone over something stupid like a difference of opinion, she could understand the reasoning. A lot of people were idiotic enough to do just that.

Further information about the coming ambush and how Pendulum could stop it didn't matter much to her, it just meant that the going would be easier. Possibly more boring, but easier, and with hopefully less whining from the moralistic guy in the carriage.
Apala (played by CookieLurv)

Apala got tired of following them in the trees, but silently tried to leap onto the top of the carriage for a free ride. Also, to listen to whatever information she needed to know. Which she was glad she did. Enveloping herself into a cloak to help camouflage her presence from anyone outside the carriage, Apala took out her pin needles. Her choice of weapon.
Artair opened one eye. Did he hear something...He closed his eye again, nah probably just the driver adjusting himself in the bench... "Ok, so tell us about this 'mark' that were going after. Magic user? and if so, what kind of magic?" Artair spoke after a few moments of silence.
From teh shadows.... a certain presence could be felt. Ears listened and golden eyes watched, unsure weather to proceed or remain hidden from sight...

"Mm, he's a wolf from the Bloodmoon tribe," Pen replied. "Some common name like 'Howl' or 'Hunt'. I think you'll find out quickly; humans are rare in the Spark. It's mostly populated with animal people like me. Wolves usually don't like magic much, but Bloodmoons like to use magic as often as possible. Being from the Spark, he has lightning power. Being a Bloodmoon, he can strengthen the properties of himself and things around him. He'll be a little harder to hit unless you find his weak spot and manage to hit it."

A small shuffle had recently sounded from the top of the carriage. "I think we're going to get there soon."
"Any idea on the weak point?" artair asked stretching his arms, hearing a slight cracked come from them.

(Finally! I am no longer the only guy...Damn now I have to share...)

Pen shook her head. "Not a clue, but if he's not an idiot, he will guard his weak spot more than anywhere else on his body. It will likely be the only way to kill him if he's experienced enough." Her tail swung around to her lap. She lined the blade at the tip with a careful paw and a solemn expression.

(Poor Artie has to share now. Muahahaha!)
"So besides what you already told us...anything else we may need to know?" Artair said, returning his arms back around his body and leaned his head back again
(Dibs on Cookie)

There was a man in the center of the road, unavoidable. He stood, his black coat long and almost reaching the ground, his black hair spiked backwards, and his golden eyes almost glowing. He stood, his hands in his pockets, and a blank look on his face. They would see him or run over him... as it was probably his plan in the first place.

"Well--" The carriage suddenly stopped in its tracks as the driver got sight of the man in the middle of the road.

"Hm, I wasn't expecting the ambush this early," Pen mused. She jumped out of the back of the carriage and got a good, hard look at the man.

"Hmph. I expected the ambush," she said with a look of complete disappointment as well as a wave of disappointment in her words. "You don't look Lightning Cult-y enough. Just a regular old highwayman."
"MY mistake, must be the coat." The man said, runnign a hand through his hair. he looked young, and rather well off. "I'm actually a little lost, and was wondering if perhaps I could ride with you to the nearest town."

He held up his hands. "As you can see I"m clearly unarmed at the moment."
Artair stuck his head out the carriage. "Umm yeah, were not heading to a town...But if you follow this road in the direction we came, you can find one after a few hours..." He said, then returned back into the carriage
"Really..." He looked behind the carraige then behind him, then back tot eh girl. "Where are you headed, if you don't mind me asking."

Pen shook her head. "On a dangerous road like this one? In the place that might as well be called 'Bandit Haven'?" She sighed. "Fine, but I will not trust you."

Pen was considered 'well off', but that didn't stop her from being a thief when she needed to... or just felt like it. "We are not going to any town," she added. "Only a fort filled with criminals lies this way."
His head tilted to the side.

"... Is there a law saying I could tag along and keep anything I get my hands on once we get there? I'm a little low on supplies at teh moment..."

A slight smile lit his face... Interesting.

Pen chuckled. "Out here, you follow the Bandits' Law; Take what you can, if you can. If you're going to tag along with me, there is an extra rule; Divvy up the rewards nice and even with everybody else." She turned around and walked right back into the carriage.

That likely made four of them for this adventure. She could tell him about the 10,000 gold reward... later.
He smiled largely, nodding. "Sounds fair enough." With a grand sweeping bow he introduced himself.

"Lucia Jarious VanDrayle, at your service Ma'am. Now if you'd be so kind as to tell me where I could sit?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Of Cults and Disaster (Closed!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus