Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Of Cults and Disaster (Closed!)

"In here!" Artair shouted
Pendulum (played by GloriousCookie) Topic Starter

Between Artair and the cat, Pen left enough space for the man to sit down.

"Lucia?" she asked. "I never knew it was a unisex name. I knew a woman named that when I was young." She didn't feel the need to say how.
"I know. I get that a lot." Lucia took. A seat and glanced around, nodding at the others. "As for do I know anything, I'm gonna knock some bandits and loot some bodies. All I need to know. " he was awfully good natured to strangers that's for sure.
"Well I kinda get you there, I mean about the girl thing. Everyone thinks your name is a girls name, and everyone thinks I'm wearing a skirt." Artair said chuckling a little. "Also, it's more then just that..."
Apala (played by CookieLurv)

(Closed as in no more posting in here or closed as in no more people?)
Apala wrote:
(Closed as in no more posting in here or closed as in no more people?)

no more people
Apala (played by CookieLurv)

Apala was amused at the stranger who made his way calmly into the group in the carriage. But she kept to herself on top of it, not really fancying a crowded area. Glad the man hadn't seen her on top of it, thanking the gods she had put on a cloak moments before.
Rumea (played by Minerva)

((Oh, by the way. If they do call for her backup/advice, send me a pm. I'll try to keep up with the thread but it'll be easy to forget to stay too active on reading it since I'm not proactively posting.))
Muo Dotonetta (played by Rosewood)

Marisanthia silently eyed the new arrival, leaning back with her arms behind her head to cushion it. Smirking at Lucia's mention of knocking bandits and looting bodies, she started to think someone had finally come aboard this little manhunt of Pendulum's she might actually not want to execute and absorb. Still, that could change easily enough considering how quickly her mind could change. For all she knew right now, she could end this endeavor with three new outfits that were currently sitting the the carriage with her.
Artair, rested his head against the wall again. Pendulum shouldn't bring this guy into this without telling him everything. The only reason why he doesn't tell him now is because he wanted to make sure that Muo woman doesn't do anything evil...He crossed his arms, made fists in anger, his knuckles cracking by how hard he was squeezing them. He didn't like this at all...
Lucia looked around the carraige nd chuckled a little. "Really, has my arrival is so distressing that it causes all these kooks. I could ride on the roof if it helps."

The carriage moved along as they talked, until...

A strange scent flowed through the air. "Sh," Pen whispered. "I smell something. Driver, stop the carriage." The carriage slowed to a stop.

She inhaled deeply. A small fire... and the scent of fresh beef. Someone was having lunch.

"We're there," she said in a voice no louder than a whisper.

A child's voice sounded from outside the carriage. "Surrender! We have you surrounded!" he shouted out. No lie. The carriage really was surrounded by children of animal descent. Cats, wolves, mice, even a bird or two.
"Ok Pan and Marisa, remember what I said, they are children, don't kill any of them." Artair said this mostly looking at the woman across from him. "Pan, you better do what you were going to do. That signal thingy." Artair said turning his head to look at Pan, waving his finger around

(I thought we weren't supposed to know Muo's name..? As far as the characters know, 'she' is 'Marisa'.)

"I... had better!?" Pen shot at Artair. "You, my employee, are telling me that I had better do something? Do you make a habit of bossing around your employers!?" The blade at the end of her tail came dangerously close to his face.

That was Pendulum's instability for you...

"And... who is the boss here?" she asked the man who seemed to love barking orders all of a sudden. "I hear one more order from you and you are fired. Am I clear?" She left the carriage, mumbling something about stupid humans trying to undermine her authority.

"Surrender!" one of the children repeated as they saw the cat leave the carriage.

Pen sighed. "Really, now, I can't visit my own family these days without getting stopped by security," she said in an overdramatic tone of voice. She made her signature in the air before the group. Lo and behold, they put their weapons away.

"Cousin Rist'sha!" one of the kittens shouted out. "Cousin Garthenn has been looking for you!"

A wide smile crossed Pen's face. "Oh, he has? Does my absence prompt him to stop paying attention to his Persian prostitutes? Tell him I'm on my way home. With dinner guests!" An absolutely giddy tone of voice came out, her words dancing about like ballerinas during a big show.
Lucia poked his head out and looked around. He scowled. "Oh fishcakes...." for some reason his sixth sense was buzzing. "I got a feeling this wont end well..." he muttered. Never let it be said that he was a fool. Or, to put it better, never let it be said he was made a fool and lived with it for very long.

Lucia would wait until someone else crawled out of the carraige. That little stunt with the cat's tempter was enough to make him think twice about ANYTHING if she was suddenly... giddy.
Artair was angry now. He wanted to remind Pen that these were children they were dealing with, not harden criminals. He was going to say something but she left before he could. He growled a bit, and leaned back again. These women were impossible...

(opps sorry, forget I said Muo, I'll fix it now)
Muo Dotonetta (played by Rosewood)

Marisanthia just kept on smiling and keeping her mouth shut. It felt out of character for the creature beneath the guise, since normally Marisa didn't seem to know how to behave herself. Keeping Pendulum as an employer, however, was more important since for once she actually needed the gold and replicating coins wouldn't cut it. Not to mention it was nice seeing the psycho cat turn on Artair, maybe he'd say something and get fired... or killed. Certainly wouldn't want to miss that.

Little did Artair know, they were both children and hardened criminals. Killing, after all, was most of what they knew.

And little did Marisa know... With someone as unstable as Pen, getting fired and getting killed were most likely the same thing.

"Cousin Rist'sha," the kitten continued, "Were you on a mission? Was it from the Elders?"

"Hm.." Pen chose her words carefully. "I am currently on a mission. I may not say who from, and I may not give you the details."

The kitten whined and shadowed her as she started on her way to the commander's tent. "C'mon, Cousin Rist'sha! I'll tell you about my missions! Yesterday, I slaughtered some merchants who were stupid enough to take this road!"

Pendulum sighed. "My friends in the carriage would really be interested in hearing your mission stories. Why don't you go tell them about what you did yesterday?" The kitten happily ran off into the carriage as Pen was allowed an unobstructed path into the commander's tent. It also helped her make a point; these children were taught to kill. They were not innocent and never would be, just like Pen could never regain what innocence she ever had.

"You guys are Cousin Rist'sha's friends, right?" the kitten asked them as he grinned wide. "That means I'm not allowed to kill you. She said you'd really like to hear about what we do. Well, yesterday, we found a bunch of merchants who were too stupid to keep off this road, right? There was a... human woman and an orc man. Now, here's the really good part! The human called me a 'cute little kitty'! And then... I used my Third Claw to stab her in the neck! Well, I guess I can't call it my third claw yet, huh? It's not installed yet, like Cousin Rist'sha's." He really liked to hear himself talk, it looked like. "But when I turn 15, I'm gonna get it installed, just like hers!"
Lucia blinked... And laughed. Oh he was so going to enjoy this. Killing kids was one thing, killing little pests that practily crawled in your lap and told you that they were assassin's? Not so much of an issue. He glanced at the one called Marisa. An odd idea began to form...

"'scuse me, please." He said, stepping around the kittens. He looked at Marisa.

"May I have a word with you, please?" he said, stepping away from the initial group.
What the hell was Pen trying to do? Sending her here to tell us that? "Thats...very nice..."Artair forced out of his mouth. He was not happy with this at all.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Of Cults and Disaster (Closed!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus