Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Meeting of Minds, Aki and Raiden (1x1)

Raiden Jayde (played by Pineapple)

The full moon was just cresting into the sky on this warm, cloudless night. It's glow bathed the city below in pale silvery light, in the early night hours the city was still busy with activity. A young woman walked along a side walk, gently pushing her way through the small crowd of the busy shopping district, from her walk she obviously had a destination in mind.

Raiden rather emulated the appearance of a young librarian. A white dress shirt, with a black skirt, stockings and a pair of spiked black heels covered pale skin. Long dark hair, which worn away from her face. Lastly, a pair of glasses framed almond shaped eyes that were an odd colour, reminiscent of Blood and Honey.

A smile split the young woman's face as she reached her destination, A large book store. Slipping inside the woman began to browse.
Aki (played by L0v3lyInk)

Down the street that she had just walked appeared an averagely tall man. He had a slender build with black hair, but from behind his oddly inhuman black hair, peered bright golden eyes with flecks of brown that only dulled them slightly. He closed his eyes and he took in a long, slow breath, trying to ignore the horrible stench of the human city. There was something particular in the air here. He couldn't put his finger on what it was, but it drew him in. He opened his eyes and started walking down the street letting his dark grey jacket hang open revealing a blue shirt and his tattered dark blue jeans.

He walked right past the book store and then stopped almost immediately when he realized that the sent didn't go this far. He walked back, passing the book store once again. It was before the book store but not after. He turned towards the door and walked in slowly. Whomever was giving off this scent was in here. He walked in and started walking up and down the isles, of course he stopped in the section that held any information about automotive and mechanical things. He grabbed a book or two and then walked over to the isle next to him and stopped at the end. He looked at her and the other person in the isle. There was only one way to find out. He slowly made his way up the isle, looking up at the shelves as if he was interested, and passed the human first. As he passed her, he got a really strong whiff of her smell realizing it was her. It was bitter sweet the smell he got, blood and something else that smelled EXTREMELY good to him.

He kept on moving when he realized that there was only one thing that could possibly smell of blood though, and he knew he smelled of it too. He didn't like running into others like him. It generally ended badly. A few times he had almost been killed and other times he ended up killing the other, defensive purposes only though. How could he not have noticed the blood smell though?? Had he been so attractive to the other scent that his mind had just ignored the warning?? He quickly moved over to the register though and began paying for his books. He shook his head, hoping she wouldn't follow him. He didn't need to run into yet another vampire here. Not if it was going to start trouble.
Raiden Jayde (played by Pineapple) Topic Starter

Raiden breezed through the history section, finding nothing of interest there she made her way to the shelves that held medical texts. She was hoping that they had a book on anatomy, specifically furre anatomy. Growing curious about it due to the company she typically kept, tonight was one of the rare occasions when she wasn't accompanied by her furry mentor Ashi. well that's a bust the woman frowned as she thought to herself. It was then she noticed that others had come into the isle, a human, and something else that could have been human but she was willing to bet that the dark haired man pacing the isle wasn't.

She passed out of the isle and picked up a random book, to her it didn't matter what it was, if it was a book it was good. As the mysterious male headed to the check out another person got in line behind him, and Rai got in line as well, she hadn't been overly concerned about the questionable human until she got in line, and a fleeting glimpse of the man's uneasiness reached her. Interesting. she thought to herself.

The hair on the back of his neck stood on end when he felt the woman get closer. She’s just buying a book. She’s just buying a book. He told himself and quickly paid before walking out. As soon as he was out of the store, he relaxed a little bit. He could still smell the faint scent of her from earlier in the air.

As soon as he was away from the window he turned back to look at the door, making sure she hadn’t come out yet. He briskly walked down to the corner he had stopped at only minutes ago when he had been tracking her and then turned down the road he had originally come from. He shivered lightly, not having realized just how many DELICIOUS smells there really were.

He couldn’t remember the last time he had managed to get some actual human blood to feed on. For the longest time he had been hiding out in the woods and now that he was back in the city, it was getting hard to manage. He shivered as a delightful smelling man walked past him. He clenched his jaw as his mouth watered and fangs started to extend. Not good. he thought to himself as he quickly turned down an alley and away from the large crowd of people. He heard something move from behind a dumpster and he turned quickly to see a very skinny and rather angry looking cat.

Before he knew it, he had grabbed it and jabbed his teeth into its neck draining it of what little life it had. The craving he had eased, and he carefully laid the cat in the dumpster. He felt bad when he killed things, but he knew it was a part of life. If something else didn’t kill it, it most likely would have been hit by a car or caught by animal control and then killed. He walked back out of the alley and wiped his sleeve across his mouth, just incase. He looked both ways before he went to continue on his way.

Raiden tapped her foot as she waited for her turn. "I can help someone over here." Another cashier chimed in, as he opened his station. "Perfect." She offered a grin, and moved before the person behind the mysterious man could get to the new cash. Now she was paying for her book as the man had finished paying for his. However as he slipped outside she remained talking to the cashier causally, asking if they would be getting any anatomy books in. The man's slightly odd behavior peaked her interest, always a curious little thing she bided her time so he wouldn't assume she was following him.

She exited the store as he turned the corner, with a small smile she let curiosity get the better of her, and she followed her nose. She would be walking in his general direction when he passed his sleeve over his mouth. Raiden gave him a bit of a grin as she passed, but she didn't address him.

He was just about to step out of the alley way when she passed by him with a smile. He shuttered as he caught a strong whiff of her scent. He didn't move out of the alley way like he had planned on doing. He waited until she had a head started and then slowly followed after her. He looked her up and down thinking if she did attack he most likely could take her down unless she was a lot older then she appeared, which was easy to mistake. He then shook his head and sighed pulling a letter out of his pocket.

About two weeks ago, a man had come out of one of the surrounding towns and managed to find Aki roaming around in the woods. It had shocked Aki at first but the man had been able to coax Aki into just talking with him for a bit. In the end, the man had offered him a job, if Aki felt up to it. What he didn't know was that this fellow was the leader of one of the clans in the city, and that this clan normally caused problems.

He sighed unknowingly and looked around at the buildings. "205...Beckers Street." he mummbled to himself before he spotted it on the opposite side of the road. He stopped and faster then any of the humans could see crossed the road and stopped in front of the shady door. "Travis...Heckers." he said repeating the man's name before raising his hand to knock.

Raiden had no mind for fighting tonight, especially since she was alone. Not that she couldn't handle herself, but it was always nice to have a helping hand around. The woman had no particular destination in mind, she had already fed this evening, and didn't feel like remaining at her usual haunt while her mentor was dealing with his clan mates.

As she walked the shopping district turned shabby, and gave the tell tale signs of poverty. Only blocks away from the hustle and bustle of the shopping district lay the poor, shady, and usually dangerous part of town. Her ears perked a little she knew the male was still behind her, and she caught a whisper of his words. what is he up to in the end of town...? Raiden thought to herself, before deciding that she best stick around to see if the unknown male had a particular alliance to any of the clans in the city. She could tell that he was new in town, and that he wasn't completely human. The question of what was he had yet to be confirmed in her eyes. ((sorry for the slow ass replies. Been battling a toothache caused migraine since Saturday afternoon))

((It's no problem. : ) I understand))

Aki sighed and knocked on the door. He only had to wait a few moments before someone opened the door. He looked like a grouchy, old man. "Hello?" he asked rather irritatedly as he looked Aki up and down as if disgusted.

Aki blinked and looked around. "Uhm...I was told to come here to meet with Travis Heckers. I met him some time ago and he said he could give me a job..." he said as he rubbed the back of his head. As soon as Aki said that though the old man brightened up.

"Oh right! You are the lad my sir has been expecting. You aren't quiet what I imagined when he described you but I suppose you will do when fully incorporated." the older man said as he stepped aside. Aki blinked and hesitated for a moment. He looked around, not seeing her across the way, and then walked into the building. The old man led him to a small study towards the back of the house where he waited a few moments before the old man came back. "Complementary of Sir Heckers." he said as he offered up a blood pack.

Aki stared at it for a second and then slowly took it. He looked up to the older man who nodded. Aki waited until the man had left and then quickly ravished the pack shivering as he tasted the human blood.

((Do you want to play the leader so you can explain how things work??))

Raiden perked a brow as the man disappeared into the Sabbat safehouse. Her mild amusement withered away, as long as she felt that she could remain undetected she stayed in the shadows.
"
Inside the building, only moments after Aki had devoured the blood pack the Bishop of the city entered the room with a small, cocky smirk on his lips. He was taller than Aki, and bulkier than Aki as well. However his domineering form had been squeezed into a sleek designer suit. "Good evening, welcome to my city." the my was heavily emphasized, as if he were trying to awe the younger vampire. The mountain of a man walked over to a chair behind a desk, and sat down as he made a sweeping gesture with his arm indicating that Aki should take the other chair.

((now before I go any further, what kinda of job would aki be best suited for ))

((Uhm...Aki tends to be good with machines and fixing things though he is also very sleek and fast. I personally don't think that they would give him a spy job because he's so inexperienced though. He is really intelligent though. I guess that's up to you : ) ))

"It's good to see you again..." Aki said softly still trying to regain control. The blood pack had sent him over the edge and during his devouring he had made a bit of a mess with it as if he had been a child with chocolate. He quickly wiped his mug with his sleeve cleaning off most of the obvious remains other then then smell. His brows perked whenever the man had said 'my city' though. He had a hard time believe that the whole city could be run by just one guy, but he also didn't know that there were other clans.

"So what's the job you have for me?" he asked curious and getting right to the point.

((okay that works, he'll probably stick Aki in with the other cannon fodder.))

The vampire behind the desk smiled broadly not bothering to hide his teeth, his hands made a steeple with his fingers as he observed Aki. "Hmm yes I do have something in mind for you." the smile didn't fade from his face, "You see I have a problem. All these other vampires, keep causing trouble for me, and it's always handy to have someone else around." his voice was smooth, and light as if he were only talking about a trivial matter. "Essentially I wish for you to act as an exterminator."

Outside Raiden still remained, she was growing a little uneasy in this part of the city. Sabbat tended to keep to this part of the city, and she didn't want to have a run in with any of them.

Aki's eyes widened and he stiffed slightly. He sat there for a second, absorbing the information that Travis had just told him and then clenched his jaw. "I...don't know if I can do that..." he said very slowly and rather afraid of what might happen if he did completely and outright reject Travis' job. He didn't want to kill anyone. He had a hard enough time killing animals and he felt ashamed of himself for having destroyed the blood pack uncontrollably.

"I didn't think the job you were offering would including killing someone...much less killing multiple people..." he looked away not wanting to make eye contact with the rather large other vampire.

Travis outright laughed at the reply the younger vampire had given, his laughter was rather deep and it seemed to bounce back when it hit the walls of the room. "Well," he leaned forward and balanced his elbows on the desk, his chin cradling between his hands, "I'm sorry you feel that way." The smile didn't falter once through the conversation. "However I'll give you time to think about it."

Travis let those words sink in for a moment or two before continuing on, "Just a few parting words though." he evidently was getting ready to dismiss young Aki, "There is an old saying. If you are not with me, then you are against me." He cleared his throat loudly, as he did so the man who had lead Aki in reappeared. "Show our guest out."

((it's going to be easier for me to explain the other stuff with Raiden))

The older man walked in with a smile still on his face. As Aki sort of stared at Heckers. He didn't mean to kill him if he didn't accept...did he? Aki didn't plan on sticking around even if he didn't mean that. He had been foolish to think that anyone out of the blue would offer him a job. Aki stood and turned quickly exciting the building without holding back. He didn't even wait to let the older man show him to the door. He closed the door behind him and then quickly stared walking down the street. He needed to leave. NOW.

He wasn't going to be pulled into some sick war or take over. He wanted to be Switzerland.

Raiden shifted in the shadows, if the mysterious man didn't come out soon she'd leave because she was steadily growing uneasy in the undisputed Sabbat territory. The vampire was just about to leave, when the door opened to building. Her blood-honeyed eyes followed him down the street and she waited a moment or two to make sure she wasn't going to be seen when she decided to move. It wasn't Aki she was afraid of it was the vampires in that building.

When she felt it was safe Raiden headed off into the direction that Aki had headed, walking at a brisk pace. Hoping to catch him, damn he was fast. She could still see him but she wasn't about to holler for attention. god damn, either you try to reach him telepathically or...follow him and hope he stops. she was debating her options

He didn't stop for a good while and by the time he had stopped, he was completely lose. He slowed down and looked around still in the city. It was fairly late now, about midnight. He looked around and seeing no one of real concern he quickly started running down the street he was on full speed. Must faster than a human could see. He eventually reached the end of the streets and although he was still in the city, it was a little bit more suburban than where he had been. He came to a small park and sighed softly. "Close enough for now..." he mumbled to himself as he started strolling along the dark paths.

Travis had said he would give him time to thing about the proposal but the more time Travis gave him the more time he had to flee. He wasn't going to be able to get out to the city completely though. Not unless he had a map. He would have to find one and steal it to get out of this damn city.

Raiden decided to give it telepathy a try, he had sped up and she didn't think she was fast enough to keep up with him. Gently she pushed a strand of thought towards him, if she managed to reach him he'd her her voice in his mind. [/i]Hello, I'm Raiden. If you're new to the city I'd like to talk to you, just talk of course. I'm the woman from the book store[/i]

The vampire stalked down the street, her purchase from the book store still in her hand. As she passed a homeless person she perked a brow, "here read something." she put the bag towards him. She doubted that the guy would read it, but the receipt was still in the bag so if he was clever he'd return the ridiculously over priced novel for the money. She truly didn't want to carry the bag, a rather lazy and human sediment, but it didn't both her.

She didn't expect to encounter the male again, but hoped that he had heard her. She ended up walking along the path that lead to a pond in the park.

As she walked through the park, she suddenly heard a "THE HELL!?!?" from somewhere around her. It had taken a little bit of time but Aki had eventually gotten the telepathic message. He had been sitting on a bench along another path when he got it, trying to figure out just what he was going to do when the day time came. It had honestly scared the crap outta him.

(my apologies for the delay. I was outta town till late saturday night, and spent most of yesterday sleeping away a cold)

Raiden was walking around the pond and her ears perked hearing the frightened curse. She knew that the man was near by so she followed her nose, and took the path away from the pond. She still hadn`t worked out what she was going to say to the man, but she felt that she needed to warn him about The Bishop.

The path snaked around a clump of bushes, as she came around the bushes she spotted him sitting on the bench, and stopped a few feet away. "Hello."

Aki jumped off the bench ready to run whenever he realized that it had been the same voice that had just been inside of his head. He quickly turned around and froze when he saw it was the book store girl. He took a step back holding his hands up, "Hey...I really don't want any trouble from you and or Travis...I'm just going to leave the city and be done."

He took a few steps back while he was saying this. He really didn't want to fight even though he felt the best he had in a couple of months from the blood back that Travis had given him.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Meeting of Minds, Aki and Raiden (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus