Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » The Knitty Corner (Selling knitted hats)

Sanne Moderator

Hi guys!

I'm going through a 'life is really expensive' phase at this time (selling my car to a junkyard and trading it in for a bicycle, looking to move in the next couple of months, vet bills and more) and I'm working really hard to save up extra cash. One of my skills is knitting (who knew?!?!) and hats are quick and simple knits that I can churn out overnight and have it mailed to you within days.

I'm offering all sorts of fibers, so if you have a sensitivity to wool there are alternatives!

How much does a hat cost?
$22 (Paypal only) which includes all the materials + shipping!

Why buy my hats?
- They're high quality because I put a lot of care into my work and want to ensure you'll love every bit of it!
- Handmade items are always unique, there is no hat like yours anywhere else in the world!
- You get to pick the style and the yarn that I have on hand.
- My prices aren't much higher than what you would spend for a store bought hat, but you definitely get more for it in return.
- I ship worldwide at no extra charge. :)

Terms & Conditions
1. I can't do customized patterns at this time! I will only knit a combination of the type of hat and yarn that I offer below. If you want something specific for the border/edge of the hat, please let me know and I'll see what's possible.
2. Payment and shipping information is necessary up front, as the hat will be done in 3 days or less and mailed as soon as possible. :)
- If I don't receive payment/shipping info within 2 days, I will cancel your hat and open a new commission slot.
3. I own cats and cannot guarantee cat hair free hats (even if I'll do my best to keep them free of cat hairs!). I'll very happily throw the hat in the wash for you or even ship it in a sealed bag so you can wash it safely yourself, but if you have severe allergies it might be best not to buy a hat from me.
4. The hat will be shipped in an envelope without tracking number anywhere in the world - in most cases, it takes up to 2 weeks to arrive in the US, sometimes sooner. I can ship with tracking, but I'll have to charge you extra for that, sorry!
5. I can knit hats for all sizes/ages and will use this chart to determine average size. I knit most hats for adults in 22" as this is the 'default adult' size (and hats are forgiving about size), but it's ultimately your responsibility to let me know if averages work for you or not! Safest option is to measure before you commission me to see if I need to change size.
6. Refunds are only possible if I haven't started knitting your hat yet. In all other cases, the hat is non-refundable.

Types of Hats

I offer 3 styles of hats with 3 color options. I'm using generic hat pictures to refer to style and colors only.

The style options are plain hat, slouchy/beanie hat and hat with pompom.

The color options are one color (works well for the self-striping and patterning yarns), two colored stripes and two colored gradient.

Available yarns to choose from

Important note: I will not be able to mix yarns from different fiber categories (so I won't combine the colorful 100% acrylic yarns with the gray wool yarn). This is because most of them have different sizes and washing instructions. You are VERY welcome to mix up colors from the same fabrics however! :)

100% Acrylic
These yarns are 'self-striping', meaning they create stripes of colors on their own.
bde930d515dd3a9807ce5cb2c88a86c5.png
White Turqoise Green Blue (example knit)
931b066384f43f2d04af104079196249.png
White Blue Shades (example knit)
38f643526aa45987c9d209bf5e894cc2.png
White Yellow Red Orange (no example knit)

This acrylic yarn is self-patterning, meaning it makes its own pattern when you knit!
3dae643da55be37810795efee68e23ac.png
Candy White Pink Orange Blue (example knit)

45% Wool / 55% Acrylic
This yarn has a varying thickness, which means some areas have thicker stitches than elsewhere, as seem in the example. It gives extra texture and looks really good! It's very soft and warm thanks to the high wool content.

ec92cd1c7fe2e2cf0e7c177209f8557b.png
Gray (example knit)

41% Polyamide / 29% Acrylic / 23% Wool / 7% Silk
This yarn is extremely soft because it contains silk. The synthetic fibers provide high durability while the wool offers warmth.
030f91dd7f7e20777fb1f74c22982eed.png
Vesuve (example knit)
2c1051e3cce1d1dfc5046c0a24edcd8a.png
Biscuit (example knit)
1707387dea6b6495038026a5b8255109.png
Caramel (no example knit)
5c8716a3beb37d1a36f1d350d0f90fec.png
Cuir (no example knit)

Commission list:
I can only take on 2 knits at a time. First come, first serve! Please PM me with your request and I will let you know if I can get started. :)
  1. Kryss (non-RPR) - PAID
  2. Available

Finished list:
  1. RevolverSnackelot - Finished

PREMADE HATS

These hates are premade and are ready to be shipped immediately! Please check the fiber contents to see if they're suitable for you. Prices are the same as custom knit hats unless otherwise stated!

Purple Glitter Hat
  • 99% Acrylic / 1% Lurex (Lurex is what gives the glittery effect)
  • Machine washable at 40C/104F Permanent Press, tumble dry on gentle, no bleach, iron on low
  • Suitable for adult heads, 22"-23" circumference, 8.6" tall (it is a roomie fit for most!)
7zEkUvL.jpg
My hat I got from you is my favorite hat ever

9a17103c2ae910ac8f9d3086597dfd4a.png

EVERYONE NEED HAT
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

I LOVE THAT HAT. I'm very sad I can't legally sell them. :( (But that's what Christmas gifts are for, right?)

Added a premade hat! Can be bought for $22 and shipped within the next day. :)

Finished a commission as seen here!

I have one slot open, your purchase will go towards my moving fund. :D Turnaround for a hat is undetermined at this time because I will be moving all my stuff over to my new place over the next couple of weeks, so I'm unsure how much time I'll have, but it will get done!
2ABhIM5.jpg
Hat came in. Fits my massive dome really well and has left me super pleased!
J-M-Webster

Oh my god. These are the cutest little hats I've ever seen. I may have to buy one when I have money.. Keep up the good craftsmanship!

J-M-Webster wrote:
Oh my god. These are the cutest little hats I've ever seen. I may have to buy one when I have money.. Keep up the good craftsmanship!

Aww thank you!! c: I'll be happy to knit for you whenever you're ready!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » The Knitty Corner (Selling knitted hats)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus