Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Wit Inn (Closed)

The Miscellaneous (played by Jan_the_Cat) Topic Starter

The patrons seemed mundane once the warlock, the barkeep and the wanderer woman headed out. Rachel kept strumming on her guitar, providing a pleasant tune and soft song for the guests she perceived as, mostly, common rabble. When the halfling entered together with his heroic pose and grand introduction, the Arctic vixen grinned and stood.
"Three cheers for our grand visitor, master of the hidden arts!"
"Three cheers!" The main hall echoed the cry of the bard with varying levels of enthusiasm.
"You people are worthless." Rachel scoffed and walked to greet the Master Thief herself. Her outraged lament met only chuckled and a dull 'aye' in assent.
As she seated herself across from the halfling who introduced himself as Alton Vexilerius, tucking her luxurious white tail across her lap, he addressed him. "Well then, master Vexilerius. As most of the regular bunch have either retreated to sleep or fled the establishment on account of boredom, and thus admitted a whole bunch of faceless nobodies to swarm in, might I ask - what brought you to our humble inn?"
Sakarixilii (played by brilziana)

Sakarixilli stretched her wings out, feeling the snowflakes settle gently upon them almost as soon as they were formed. There was nothing better than flying! A tiny flick of her wing-wrist initiated a complicated spinning and flipping maneuver that ended in an exhilarating dive. She always felt more alive during a dive; she felt as if she could see through the swirl of snowflakes into time itself.
A violet glow drew her silver eyes. It hadn't been there before, she was certain. She banked and smoothly began to glide. The light disappeared. Ah! Now this was interesting! With a flick of her tail, she fell back into her dive, spiraling down, faster, faster, toward the mysterious light that only a dive revealed.
As the light revealed itself to be an inn that smelled of magic, Sakarixilii twisted her spiral into a backward flip, folding inward and falling into herself, hiding glowing silver scales with soft pale skin and trading shining horns for a wave of silver hair.
She landed lightly on her feet and stepped into the open door in a single fluid motion. A sweep of her eyes revealed the inhabitants to be mostly a faceless crowd, but there-- people with fur, beautiful fur, and a dwarf.
"This is much more interesting than I was hoping," she said brightly with a voice like silver bells.

Rachel's ear twitched slightly at the sound of another patron entering the inn. "My, my. This day is so full of surprises! And all the folks who would be pleased to see this business are asleep!" At the thought, the vixen found herself narrowly managing to stifle her own yawn. "I guess travelling fatigue does not spare bards either."
Regardless, she waved towards the newcomer eagerly, inviting them to the table to introduce themselves and chat as well. In response to their initial speech, the Arctic vixen grinned and said. "Ah, I will have to pass that comment to our dear warlock. She'll be very pleased to hear her creation is deemed interesting!"
Anon (played anonymously)

How Isenn managed to keep up, was simply beyond him. Actually, more than 'keeping up' did the young man only barely keep his eye on Gale. Several horses of the 'boss' has caught his attention and many have earned his favour, but Stars, if this one was less mischieveous, she'd probably be amongst his top favourites. Such a shame this mare is about as flighty and curious as she is fast. It only took one glance away, one moment of lacking attention for the animal to see its chance to wander off. Isenn has been able to tell from experience that, until Gale has found a particular patch of grass to its liking, he will probably he unable to get her to a stand-still. And seeing that this horse is particularly picky and perhaps sorta-kinda spoiled by the boss, it doesn't surprise the lad that he's been chasing its trail for at least the half of this afternoon by now.

Expected, but Isenn does not have to like it. Gale has been stepping pretty calmly up to the points that her caretaker has been closing in a bit too near to her liking, at which she soon speeds up into a trot to increase distance. And a while ago, Isenn has given up. Mildly exhausted and pretty sure he's lost directions, he's just been strolling after that stubborn girl, just making sure he'll keep her in his sight, all while hoping she'll be done with her impulsive little adventure soon. Because for heaven's sake he's quite done with this despite his usual, seemingly endless patience for Gale's personality.

He looks aside; one way, to the left, hesistant to avert his eyes from the proud animal. Hills, trees bordering the area, a rolling field in the distance and boulders of rock and stone dotting the west. He recognises the area, but only vaguely. He's safe so far: if he were to return soon, he'll be able to find his way back to the stables, the return predicted to be quick if he simply rode back-

His tired mind has been wandering a bit too much there, hasn't it. Somewhat bewildered, grey eyes wide and tired feet stopping, Gale is gone from sight. Gone from the path. Earth and Sky, how could he have lost sight so soon in this relatively open area-

There. Flashes of brown and white catch his attention, and up ahead did he spot the horse. However, quite some distance is made again. Isenn grimaces, his dark hair wind-swept by now, his shoulders slack and his eyes dulled by his inability to further summon focus. She stopped, didn't she? Found her patch of grass. With that, the young man stumbles into a dash, his longcoat trailing after his ankles and his hair further thrown about around his bobbing head.

Perhaps the latter is to blame for him not to have noticed the stone hidden by the tall grass. He is painfully aware of how his foot hits something solid, a sharp pain in his toes shooting up and rendering him unable to catch himself; with a last, confused blink, the man topples forward to hit the ground, hands prepared to cushion and catch his fall.
Except, his hands to not catch or hit grass. More stone, instead. His shut eyes blink open to meet the ground - Cobblestone? He looks at the dark path between his planted hands and briefly freezes. His body supported by both hands and (now painful) knees, surprise makes his mind tick for a moment in confusion, "...These are -not- the fiel-..."

The more his head lifts, the more Isenn trails off, the more his lips part without further verbal response to the odd, odd situation. Looking up, he is met with the sight of a building. Dark stone, dark wood. Something is off besides that inn not having been there before, but he can't quite place it yet. But Gale is not here, nor is the environment he was in just before. "Ah..." He moves stiffly up into a crouch, before he stands onto wobbling legs without turning his wide eyes away. 'Wit Inn'? Well, if it's an inn, surely they can give him directions... Or tell him what in the Stars is going on because he can't tell if he is experiencing reality or an illusion, truly.

Rachel's ear twitched at the sound of something outside of the Inn. Was it truly her perception that allowed her to hear it or was it some unnatural awareness bestowed upon her due to being within this magically summoned place and tasked with supervising it? At that thought she looked with annoyance towards the staircase. Wasn't Navvie taking a bit too long of a nap by now!? The Faceless, as she started calling them, took over the management of the establishment at that point, easily handling the serving of food and drink to those that requested it. With a mischievous smile, the Arctic vixen considered getting the bulky fellow fired; all it would take was a word or two uttered to Nermine next she visits! If she visits.
That thought put a bit of a damper on her earlier elation. Such a temporary feeling that was.

Nevertheless, the bard looked on towards the doorway awaiting the visitor's arrival, just so once he or she enters they could be certain their entrance was not unnoticed. This was the Wit Inn after all! Meant to be special and magical and...
She sighed, shaking her head. Smiling at the other hosts, she moved to sit at the pillows by the hearth again. Collecting her guitar, miraculously not pilfered yet by the Faceless, she sets back to strumming. It was getting a little dull here without her music.
Majken Wolffe (played by Lianoth)

May slept a lot longer than she had intended to do. Sitting up in the soft bed she groans and stretches herself before looking around. The bed had been incredibly comfortable, especially considering that she had been sleeping on the cold hard ground for the past few weeks. When her stomach made a loud grumbling noise she decided it was time to get up.
Standing up, she pulls a clean dress out of her pack and pulls it on. It was a little creased, having been packed away for so long, but she kept it for times when she was not travelling. Her travel clothes were currently drying on a rack before the fireplace in her room.
With the dress on she looks in the mirror to observe herself. The dark green colouration wasn't amazing but it would do. Using her fingers to untangle her long blonde hair, she quickly ties it into a braid falling down the centre of her back. Once done she then washes her face using the washbasin in the room to remove the dirt and grime from it. Looking back into the mirror afterwards she smiles. "Well, at least I no longer look like a half-frozen rat." Packing away her things, and deciding to pay to use the room for another day, she locks the door before heading downstairs.
Zeki Morgan (played by maxd234)

After petrifying two travelers into stone, and gorging himself on the third traveler in the group in the dark forest, only the sound that came out was the bloodcurdling scream of the poor traveler and the wind blowing against trees, with the occasional wolf howl. The one did this most dreadful murder is a half man, half snake, a gorgon or a Lamia to some accounts. His short brown hair fluttered in the breeze of the forest, his striking yellow snake like eyes, was the only thing in the forest that gave color, while the moonless night made everything black. He wore a light metal breast plate with mismatched gauntlets on his arms, with a bow on his back and short sword on his side where his human half turns into body of a snake. The quiver full of arrows on the opposite side of where the short sword would be. He soon started to slither away, more into the forest back to where he lives. "That was delicious, but I wish they didn't attack me...just wanted to talk, gets lonely out here" he said to himself as he looked around, keeping note of his surroundings. As he slithered in the forest, he was slowly getting entrance by it since all he saw is nothing but trees.

A low level fog started to envelope the forest, continuing to add the mystery of the forest, a little scary, even for monster like the slithering gorgon. Soon the entire forest was enveloped with fog making it hard to see. the monster stop and looked around and said "Where did this fog come from...is this a wizard's trick?" he looked around more frantically, getting slightly more and more paranoid. He in a slight fright he started to move much more faster in the general direction and this time there were no trees around him. He soon went over felt to be smooth stone, he looked down and saw that it was cobblestone. "Ah crap" he declared as he reached into his quiver and pulled out a plain porcelain mask and put it over his face, making sure not to turn anyone else into stone by accident, one could one see his glowing yellow eyes from the mask he wore. "Might as well follow and see where it goes" he thought himself as he started to follow it.

He soon found himself in front of an inn. He looked up and it said on the sign "Witt Inn". His bright glowing eyes went right down underneath it and saw that it prohibits violence. "Finally, maybe I can rest here and not become a belt hide" he said as he opened the rather large doors and was greeted by the warmth and lively attitude of the inn. His widen in the mask as he was awed by the rather large size of the Inn, he's been to other inns but they were never this large though. And so he slowly slithered inside the inn, the doors closing behind him, just missing his tail by mere centimeters. He slowly approached the supposedly the barkeep, seeing everyone merry and jolly, and ask the arctic vixen "Wow, impressive inn you have here" his eyes wondered towards the hearth. "I guess it would be okay if I could hang around the hearth no?" he asked unknown to what the actions on what the arctic vixen will do or if this was a trap to lure him in.

Silver eyes glinted excitedly from a corner of the room. Sakarixilii, despite her unusual appearance, was good at going unnoticed when she wanted to. It was a really unusual group of people who had found their way here, and though most of the conversation in the room was just the muted buzz of the Faceless. She was delighted to see the strangest visitor yet-- a person of a race similar to what she had grown up calling the Naga. Humans were her study, but other than the Faceless, they seemed to be the minority here and she certainly wouldn't pass up a chance to speak with this traveler. With a graceful swirl, she rose from her seat and strode toward him. She wouldn't force a conversation on him if he were shy, of course, but she didn't see the harm in at least saying "Hello."

"Gah!" he exclaimed as the mysterious woman said hi to him, his hand on his mask, about to turn her into stone, but calm down and so he rested his hand to his side. He sighed and said "Don't scare me like that, I was about to turn you into stone" he shook his head in embrassmeant. Seeing that she is trying to be friendly, he said "I'm surprised, you came up to me, most would turn tail and run or try to fight me and for just saying hello...thank you" he gave a slight bow

The Arctic vixen was delighted to see new faces arriving to the Inn. Even though they became stranger and stranger visitors. Hasn't Nermine warned them that this would be so? The place was settled in between dimensions. Anything could appear! She was glad the warlock didn't forget the enchantments that ought to prohibit violence. Who knew how else matters would go here!
With a glance towards the newest visitor and a welcoming strum on her guitar, Rachel smiled and replied. "Why thank you! I will be sure to pass on your compliment to the warlock once I next see her. I'm Rachel, the bard here. If you'd like a song, just ask! Meanwhile, feel free to sit wherever you please! There are a lot of Faceless around, occupying seats and whatnot, but I am sure they won't mind moving if you ask them nicely." She winked. "Similarly with the one that took it unto itself to be the barkeep. Frankly... I do wonder how many of the Faceless got eaten by the mimic downstairs already." She frowned, then looked up at the sound of the stairs creaking slightly beneath someone's feet. Was it Navvy finally stirring?
Alas, it was not. Nevertheless, Rachel stood up and approached May with a grin and a strum on her guitar. "And a good-..." She looked towards the window and squinted her eyes. "Whatever-the-time-of-day-it-is to you!" Rachel chuckled and looked towards the Nord woman again. "I trust your rest was alright? The rooms were supposed to be very comfortable, though I have yet to find out for myself. I don't know what happened to my fatigue! Hope you don't feel too daunted. Quite a crowd flocked in while you were dreaming."

Sakarixilii tilted her head to the side. "You're welcome," she said softly. "I suppose they would attack you... in my experience, humans fear that which is different from themselves, and rather than learn about it, they seek to eliminate it. I'm still trying to find out why their reasoning works in such a way. Perhaps it has something to do with their need to feel as if they are in control of the universe." She glanced up, fearing that she may be losing the stranger in her studious babble.
Anon (played anonymously)

Slowly, gradually, Isenn shifts to stand up straight. His shoulders snap back, his spine straightens out. As weird as his situation has gotten just now, he has yet to hear of an inn not being like, well, an inn. Surely this place has some sort of safety to offer and hopefully an answer. And he's certainly not going to reach any conclusion or anything by just standing here. So, quite simply throwing his doubts aside, he prepares himself to approach this weird, weird building. Inns don't look this dark and purple-ish in his experience.

And here Isenn's hesitation briefly flares, for he doesn't need any sort of unnatural ability to sense something - or someone behind him coming up the path to the same building. He practically jumps aside a fair bit, staring at the Naga passing him with quite the baffled expression. Yes, he makes sure to step several more metres away from the path, until it truly seems like the man-snake seems more interested in the inn than noticing him, thank the Stars.

He waits at this point for a moment, even as the creature has entered a full minute ago. And again Isenn's brows lower as he straightens himself up, and his shoulders square, and his wind-swept hair is shoved back from his face for a more presentable appearance. And then, he moves to the entrance, pushes the door open, peers inside the open doorway before sliding in.

His head is leveled but his eyes are uncertain where to look first. Dark shadows, purple lights, a blur of outlines, and some clearly unnatural sights. His fingers curl into his palms. Does he feel ever out of place. His brows knit in his daze of self-confidence, he steps on in further, albeit alongside the wall at first to move on in further. A fireplace, tables; aside from the visitors, it really seems like a most common kind of inn. And towards the bar, he moves.

He then turned his attention to the bards answer and he smiled underneath his mask and said "Thank you". He then looked at the woman who said hello and told her "If you wish to talk I'll be by the fire" he soon slithered towards the hearth making sure not hiting any chairs as he made his way there. He went by the wall next to the hearth and crossed his arms. He rolled his eyes in pleasure, feeling the heat from fire all across his body. To make room for others he coiled his snake body up like a spring only increasing his height a little bit and storing the heat he is getting from the hearth.

Lumbering down from upstairs, Navvie arrived to the main hall of the Inn with a grumble. Nevertheless, as he approached the woman and Rachel standing by the stairs, he merely tipped his head in a nod before fixing his cloak over his arm-cannon and moving to take his place behind the bar. He noticed the Faceless that began taking liberties with his part of the Inn almost immediately. As his face darkened in anger, he simultaneously felt the arcane 'chains' preventing him from just lifting his cannon-arm and firing away at the pesky gnats. That would be reckless. And destructive.

Instead, the large man lumbers over behind the bar and bellows. "Self service over ye faceless maggots! Out!" Nigh immediately, the gathering of folk that thus far operated the bar and brought in food and drink scattered, beside a few.
"But sir...?" One of them stated. "We could help here a bit? You don't seem to have waitresses or waiters or anything..."
Navvie turned a scowl towards Rachel who seemed to be occupied elsewhere. The Arctic vixen seemed to hear and spot the situation sharply enough to be able to shake her head and call back to the Barkeep with a stern. "Don't even think about it! I'm the bard!"
Navvie sighed and turned to look at the few bolder Faceless and nodded with a grimace while taking off the "Self Service" note from the bar. "Fine then. I'll call on ye when I need ye. Now scoot."
The situation dealt with, the Barkeep looked round the Inn, then set his grey eyes on the man that seated himself at the bar. "Sorry there, lad. Didn't mean to frighten ye if I have with my yellin'. New 'ere?" A brief pause before the Barkeep face-palmed himself with his good, right hand. "'Course ye are. Everyone 'ere is. Welcome to the Wit Inn ne'ertheless."
Majken Wolffe (played by Lianoth)

"The rooms are indeed very comfortable, thank you." May replied to the bard, smiling. "Is the barkeep not here?" She glances towards the bar and sees that it has a self-service sign in it. "That is very trusting surely? Letting people help themselves?" She smiles at a human passing her by, his deep red hair looking almost black in the darkened room. She watches him head to the bar. "Perhaps you need more workers here? I wouldn't mind offering my services. I'm between jobs at the moment."

Sakarixilii frowned slightly, but a skip in her step and a bright grin hid any negative feeling she might have felt for a moment. She settled into a chair where Zeki's coiled body absorbed the fire-heat that otherwise would have warmed her. "Are you a good archer?" she asked, gesturing toward his bow. "It seems as if stone-sight is your main defense..."

Rachel smiled at May. It was indeed a coincidence the large bloke calling himself the Barkeep would lumber down and towards the bar just as his absence was noticed. "There he is. Speak of the devil, no?" Rachel chuckled. "I do believe more workers will be handy to have here. I don't think we can handle the traffic between just myself and Navvie there. Especially if he intends to sleep half the day through!" She raised her voice near the end to ensure the Barkeep heard. The large man seemed busy with other things just then. "Was it an offer?" The vixen turned to look at May and grinned. "And speaking of being too trusting... we're new in this business. Surely, we'll learn as we go, hmm? No casualties thus far, I believe!"

Zeki looked at her and said "Well I'm okay archer not the best around" he chuckled and added "What you see what I am wearing besides the mask aren't even mine, got it off of some poor fellow that I, uhh...hmm devolaged upon" he didn't want to say that he ate them just in case not to stur a panick. "Oh I forgot to mention, I am Zeki Morgan" he said as he held his hand out for her to shake. "I remember you mentioning studying humans wonder why they are like that, but aren't you human as well?" he added since because of the so many faceless, he couldn't smell her very well.

The silver girl laughed gently as she took his hand. "My name's Sakarixilii. That's the only name I've got, and from what I can tell, humans usually have last names." Whether she avoided answering directly because the answer was a secret or just because dodging questions was fun was impossible to tell.

His went into a squint, a sign he was smiling said "Your interesting person for not having a last name" he let go of her hand and thought about his stone sight and said "To answer your question on my stone sight, it is my major defense but to me just seems too easy to win using it. I like the feeling of flesh around my flesh around my hands or shooting them with an arrow or stabbing them through" he gave another chuckle at the thought, oblivious that what he said may have made Sakarixilii a little nervous since she did just shook his hand.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Wit Inn (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus