Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Where's the time?

Ahab (played by GGFreak)

Ahab looks back up at Riven with a slight frown, nodding as he lets go of her coat and get a hold of the timer again. "I just meant to ask how expensive this is. I don't want to goh okay, we're moving!" Ahab exclaims the last part as Riven makes her way past himself and the cat man, following suit and smacking his lips a little as he realizes how well a spot of tea would help his dry throat. Entering the front room, and Ahab slowly nods as he takes it in, yet again flicking his ears about before moving to the nearest and smallest chair. Despite taking the said small chair, his legs and padded feet are still just a little short of reaching the ground when he jumps into it. At least he seems to like how comfy it is, leaning against the back of the chair and moving around slightly in his seat to make space for his tail. "Anyway, this timer here. If it's worth... Well, anything now that I think about, I don't think I can turn a profit using it. And I definitely don't have time to reverse engineer it and make more of them." Ahab even lifts up the small pocket-watch looking contraption in his hand, swaying it lightly as he speaks.
Revil Hauven (played by theRevil)

"Oh, how could I say no to some tea?" Revil turns and runs back to his stuff, grabbing the bag and at least trying to shake a little bit of the water off. Running back to the door carefully re-enters the shop looking around once more. He follows Riven and the others into this front room carefully placing the bag down by a chair across from Ahab and sits down. He starts muttering to himself: "It's a very nice place, kinda makes me wish I had one like it." and hears Riven go on her search for the blanket. He looks down at himself and realizes he's still quite wet with lake water. 'No matter' he thinks 'Not like it'll ruin the upholstry.'
Riven Helstorm (played by Voltaic-Euphoria) Topic Starter

As they all entered the front room and took a chair, Riven walked over to Revil with a thick blanket while listening to Ahab speak about the timer. She nodded her head as she placed the blanket around him and threw another towel over his head, roughly rubbing it over his head just a little before walking over to Ahab.
"I see what you mean. Well white cave silver is fairly cheap at this point, I can have at least three others made until next week with the material I have. This one I bought for 26 coins, but he would also trade it for a normal pocket watch so they aren't too expensive" she explained and walked over to a shelf with white teacups that she handed out to all of them. Each teacup was different and they all had flowery patterns on with a golden handle on the side. A short moment after, a squeaking sound came from behind a small opening in the wall and Riven pulled out a teapot with boiling water. The teapot had the same pattern and style as the teacups and it was clearly a matching set.
After putting it on the small table in front of the chairs, she got a small plate that had five different types of tea in small metal containers with tiny holes in.
Riven didn't find a chair for herself so she just stood in front of them almost like she was holding a presentation and looked at Cheshire.
"Chessy, did you want to buy that clock you had a look at?" she asked with a big smile, her hands hung down and she tried not to stand in a too awkward position.

He looks down at the blanket placed around him and clutches it, blinking as the towel hits his head. Thanks he glares from under the towel. But this new talk about a "timer" had intrigued Revil, especially the park about reverse engineering. He looks over to the short, rat-like man sitting across from him and gave the fellow an inquisitive look. "So what's this about a timer, what would you need that for? Or, even more so, why and how would you reverse engineer it? Only so many men know how to do such a thing, even less men of other races (not to be racist, of course)."
Ahab (played by GGFreak)

Ahab responds to the ranger's question by digging into one of his pouches, pulling out a small vial with a ddark liquid swirling around inside it. "I need the timer to set this explosive off without ending up with more scars. And I might as well learn how to make more if I want to do it again." A grin is plastered on Ahab's face as he explains, keeping his eyes trained on the vial as he lazily swings it in a circle, stirring the liquid slowly. Ahab then stuffs the vial back into the right pouch, leaning forwards to try and inspect the different kinds of tea as he answers the second question. "As for how, well, I was thinking of opening it up and take notes as I scoop out the gears. Oh, and I'll save some nugs too if I knew how to make them myself! I got to modify them anyway." After quizzically looking at the tea and glancing to Riven, contemplating whether he should ask what tea actually is, he ends up just settling back into his seat and folding his clawed hands, turning a light glare at the ranger for his last remark. "The underfolk know a great deal more than you'd think. Humans aren't the only clever things."
He rushed into the front room with them and didn't even hesitate. He quite liked tea actually. It reminded him of the tea parties he used to go to with his friends, although he might have been annoying company for some. He was kind of sitting in his own thoughts, when Riven suddenly spoke to him. He woke up and looked up at her with his big blue, almost green eyes. "Huh?" It took him a few seconds to realize what she had said. "Oh! I was considering it, yes. Like I said, it would fit very nicely in my shop." Chessy has more than one reason to buy it. Yeah, it's nice, and another reason is, that he has a tendency to buy things he doesn't really need or have space for. This, however, is not the case with this particular item. "I'm quite sure Iplam would've loved it." His hands shook slightly as he grabbed the teacup and stared into it, seeming a bit depressed about something. He sighed, but didn't explain the weird phrase he used. He was after all quite known for using strange phrases and talking in riddles. Maybe that's what he was doing. He sipped some of the tea, then looked up at Riven again. The almost sad expression he had had on his face for a moment, disappeared all of a sudden. "Don't you wanna sit?" He asked curiously, staring at her politely.

Riven nodded to Ahab and thought for a moment as she looked over at Cheshire, she looked around for a chair but only found a old bar stool. She shrugged and grabbed it, dragging it over to where she stood just moments ago and sat down on it with a smile. She looked back at Chessy and put her hands together. "I'll have the clock cleaned and started properly by tomorrow, I'll help you with moving it from here to your shop since it isn't that far" she said with a smile and a slight chuckle. Looking back at Ahab, she crossed her arms and sighed a little as she wasn't quite sure what to do. She could just give him the timer and let him learn how to make one himself but maybe showing him would be easier.
"If you don't have a specific date on when you need to start, I could give you a quick lesson in how to make a timer. Or did you want to do it yourself? I have a book of notes I wrote when I first made the others I have, they are just a copy of the one I got from the market but work just as good" she said and smiled again, looking at Ahab for his answer. She threw a quick glance over at Revil as she waited, seeing that he was starting to get more dry. She knew she had a mans shirt and pants in her wardrobe, for some unknown reason, and could offer him that if he needed some dry clothes.

Revil sat tgere and sipped his tea. He decided to stay fairly quiet from this point on after that little 'back-and-forth' with Ahab. He was listening to the conversations, now, taking in how Riven was doing business. By now he hadn't the heart to tell her what she was doing wrong. You can't just give away business workings to any person who asks, you lose money that way, but he didn't want to be rude and point it out because she had already been so kind to him already. No, instead he just sat there and drank, taking in all the conversations between the rest of the people around him. Just then, it comes to his attention that he may need new clothes, as these ones are now fairly moist. He knows he has extra clothes in a trunk on his ship back at the docks but it would take forever to make it there. And with the now setting sun engulfing the town in shadows it would be even more annoying in this unfamiliar town.
Ahab (played by GGFreak)

Ahab nodnods as Riven sets up the options, and leans back in his seat while scratching his chin a little, flicking an ear every now and then in deep thought. He then shrugs and states "I suppose they won't mind if I took a few days to make sure it all works out. Then again, I do like the challenge of figuring all this out by myself, although those notes would be rather helpful.". Ahab sways slightly each time he weighs a pro versus a con, moving his scratching fingers from his chin to the back of his head, completely forgetting about the tea he was supposed to drink. After a quick, vary glance to the two other people and a sniff in the air, Ahab shrugs and shuffles closer to the table to say "I might as well get the full introduction if you're offering. What's the price?" with a toothy grin, reaching inside his satchel and rummaging around.
(Hey guys, I'm sorry for not replying for quite a bit. I needed to rest, I guess, and I've been busy lately with birthdays and school)

Chessy really lighted up when she said that she'd help him. He had been completely lost in thought for a while, while gazing into the teacup. This was so unlike him. Being here by himself, he felt kind of lonely. Sure, he had Riven, who was quite a nice person, but he just wished to see someone he knew, because he missed his friends and felt out of place. He felt more sad than mad. Where he came from, that was a bad thing. He decided not to think too much about it. He wanted to try to find a silver lining. "I would be very grateful if you could help me with that. It is a fine piece of art." He then turned his gaze towards the others. Revil seemed to slowly be drying, but he might get sick. Chills went down his spine just thinking about. Chessy wasn't very fond of water and he couldn't swim.

Revil decided to pipe up now, since he didn't want to look so rude sitting there silently. He wasn't sure what to open his mouth for, though, and assumed that reverting to a question about the store itself would get a good conversation started: "So Riven, how'd you get into the clocksmithing business? Family trade or personal interest?" He sat there and look up at her, placing the tea cup back down onto the table.

(omg I am so sorry, I went to the mountains for easter but I forgot to tell you guys about it before I left, I'm so so sorry! I'm not dead I'm just very far behind on things sorry!!)

Riven looked at Ahab as he spoke and heard him asking about a prize, which she found odd. She had never taken any money for teaching others what she knew, she got it for free so why should she charge money. She shook her head with a smile towards the rat man. "No need for a prize, knowledge alone is prize enough in itself" she said with a nod and grabbed a book that lay behind her on the ground. She dusted it off and wrote down his name and what he wanted her to teach underneath a row of other names. She put it on the table and straightened her clothes as she looked over at Chessy who seemed satisfied with the clock, she nodded in agreement and crossed her arms over her chest. "I'll have it at your store by tomorrow afternoon" she said with another nod and decided to get herself some tea. The water was fortunately still hot and steamed as she poured it into the small cup, grabbing a teabag of her favorite kind.
While soaking the bag in the water, she heard Revil question her. She looked up and over at him, he seemed to dry up now. And to make sure he wouldn't get cold, she cast a quick glance over the windows and doors to make sure none where open or let out any kind of breeze that could get him sick.
"The owner of this shop before me found me wandering around in the street so he took me inn for shelter and food. He didn't intend to teach me about clocksmithing, but it just caught my interest. I find it oddly fascinating how everything can be turned into a clock if you're good enough at it" she said with a wide smile and took a sip of her tea. She grabbed a small chair from the corner of the room and sat down, she got tired of standing as she knew there was more to talk about.
Firstly, with Ahab. Glancing over at the rat man again, she put her tea on the table and crossed her legs.
"So, mr. Ahab, is there anything about a timer you don't need to be taught? Or do you want the whole roll with it?" she asked with a soft smile, moving her long braid to the front of her shoulder.

(Sometimes it's like I can still hear her. Like she isn't really dead.)
Ahab (played by GGFreak)

(I'm sorry about taking so long too, since I have no real excuse for it. Just took this long to get around to it.)

Ahab stops mid rummage and glances at River for a moment before pulling his hands out of his satchel, turning to face her proper while he leans back into his seat, steepling his fingers together. After several second of silent staring, Ahab shoots up from his chair, showing all his crooked teeth in a grin and spreading out his arms, proclaiming "First thing on the surface I've heard that makes sense! None of this gold nugget nonsense!" Standing on the seat of the chair at first, Ahab jumps down with a light thud, doing a tiny jig and letting his tail whip from side to side before he remembers his manners. Ahab clears his throat and puts his hands behind his back, one of them calming down his tail.

"I'm more or less completely newborn about this. We don't really have have clockwork under the ground. Still, I could do with a testing site..." Ahab lets one of his hands up to scratch his chin, looking around as he thinks until his eyes land on the door. Snapping his fingers, Ahab asks "Would you mind if I tossed a few explosives in the lake out back, to see our work in practice?" he politely asks while gesturing to the door into the shop, quickly putting the hand back behind himself.
(I'm sorry I haven't replied in forever. I've been busy. Last week I went to Prague, monday I was tired and Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment. I hope you understand - sorry for the inconvenience)

Chessy pulled his legs up on the chair and kind of cradled them. He took another sip of his tea. He didn't say anymore right now, as it would be rude to interrupt. Even though he had to admit that he was very curious. But Chessy always was. He had however changed since he left home, mostly due to the loss of his friends. He didn't have a family. His friends were the closest he had to a family, even if he sometimes annoyed them and the other way around. It was pretty hard to make him angry though, but as said before. He had changed slightly, or his attitude had at least. He listened to the others' conversation and glanced at Ahab, who was jumping up and down. It made him a little bit uncomfortable. I guess there was just something about these two. I mean, Chessy was after all a cat. Of course, not a lot of people knew this. The rat-man, however, seemed to have an idea about it.

(RIP my life for whatever reason) Revil sat there silently for the longest time. In this time of verbal absence he looked out the window at the now dying town life sprawling on the street outside. After this got boring, in, say, 2 minutes, he turned his head to the man he had neglected to acknowledge since he had re-entered the house. This man, he believes the others had called him "Chessy", had a somewhat familiar feel to him. There was something, maybe it was the aura that eminated from this man or maybe it was the way his features fell about his body, but there was something tugging at the back of Revil's mind. Almost as if he had seen this man before. He shrugged the notion off wistfully and turned his gaze back to the two discussing business.
(Yay, it's not completely dead! - Why is your life though? If you dont mind me asking?)

Chessy stared quietly into the teacup, but suddenly felt something. It was like an instinct. The hairs on his neck raised, as he had the feeling someone was watching him. He looked up curiously and carefully and stared right into the eyes of Revil Hauven. He got slightly curious, and didn't remove his gaze immediately. His eyes flickered, and for a split second you could see the eyes of a cat. The pupils of a cat. Green-blueish pure eyes. Then they changed back to the normal grey-blue-yellowish eye color that were so characterizing for Chessy. For a human anyway.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Where's the time?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus