Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The hunted witch(Open)

Mai Schwarze (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Mai started to pet the cat again, lightly so not to wake him up."I rather have a reason why I should trust you, since my sense's are telling me to get far away from you." Mai smriked. Mai locked her eyes with his, showing she wasn't joking about what her sense's told her to do.
Damon Adams (played anonymously)

Damon smiled.
"I get that from a lot of people in fact, but they have more reason then you do"
Damon leaned forward resting his head on his hand and his arm in turn on his desk. Sabastion purred softly in his sleep.
"Simply put, someone is looking for you, someone powerful, and he came to me to... Collect you for him. Don't worry, I don't plan to do so, you see, this... Person knows me very little, only that I do big jobs well, but I know enough about him, and I don't like it. Do you want to hear more?"

Mai though that over some. "I guessing he is the person who sent the man I scared earlier trying to fight me. Looks like he hasn't taken much time to look into my history, not suprising, most demons will jump at the chance to knock out a whole witch clan with only one death." Mai sighed. "Please go on." Mai sat back in the chair.

Damon leaned back in his chair, folding his arms over his chest. He told Mai about the encounter just that morning, leaving out the demon's offer of a blood sample?
"... After he left I contacted a few past customers that owed me a favor, apparently the Demon was powerful an ancient, His name was Emiinn, and apparently he doesn't just want you for the power that would come with your death, he also needs your blood for some kind of ritual, I don't know how much blood he has, needs, or what he would gain from it nor do I care"

Mai was confused by that. "All I know is that my clan is that it doesn't stick with one type of witch in the line, but I don't know what kind of stuff demons can gain from killing me, and I'm just fine not knowing that. This Emiinn demon, he asked you to collect me without giving you anything as to why until you figured it out by getting in touch with others who also know something about Emiinn, I can say the name sounds faimilar, but can't say where." Mai was curious to know why a already powerful demon would come after her. "Do you know anything about the ritual he is planing to use my blood for?"

((sorry for the short post))

Damon thought for a moment.
" Not really, all I know is that he needs blood from multiple species and that he's been searching hurriedly, so there must be a specific date or deadline"

((It's okay, some of mine can be short as well))
"There most be if he is trying to get it ready soon. I don't get why he would choose a witch clan that has very little people in it like mine, I would think it would be better to choose a clan that would have at least one more member incase something happens to the blood that has been collected." Mai though it over for a few minutes thinking of what could be so improtant about her blood line.

He pondered over the aspect, his mind lost in thought.
Sabastion yawned and stretched then looked at the two with disinterest.
"Perhaps someone in your line of interest? Or possibly he doesn't want another witch to be curious of his interest with you. Don't witches normally look out for each other?"

"Unless there is something to gain or their tied together some way but if not either then they'll protect themselves or whatever left well be of their families, most witchs and wizards don't have much of family since it is more common for them to have human parent." Mai kept wondering about what could so speical about her witch line. She then remembered the curse that was put on her witch line but she dismmissed it because she really didn't have much knowledge on her family history.

Damon sighed puzzled.
Sabastion looked at him curiously
"well do you have any ideas?"
Sabastion rolled his eyes and pressed his head into Mai's hand.
>I have better things to do then wonder about your problems
Damon sighed and looked back towards Mai.
"whatever his reasoning, we don't have enough information yet to figure it out plain, I knew a goblin that collects records as a hobby, he might know something about your line, he's out of town right now but he'll be back tomorrow afternoon I think"
His face was twisted with thought but then relaxed when he smiled, you could almost pinpoint the moment when a lightbulb went off.
"Not to change this... Depressing topic, but I think there is something we have yet to address"

Mai knew what he meant.
"There is still yet alot of things we need to know about, each other. Would you rather start or shall I?" Mai wasn't going to go in too deep into her history, just the basics that should be metioned.

Still leaning back in his chair Damon stared at the wall.
"I might as well go first

I was born during the renaissance, I don't know exatly when, we were bad at keeping track of time. My father was a terrible drunk and my mother eloped as soon as she could, don't worry I'm over it. Basically parentless I got in with a group of theives and rogues, they were like a family to me, nasty as they were, but they taught me, helped me, and even gave me food or a place to stay if I needed it. I stayed with them until I was 23, and thats where it gets complicated. Our 'hideout' was found by the king's soldiers. Later on, I was brought by some guards to the general, apperently he was a head vampire that used his power to collect criminals for blood. He attacked me but, thank god he was a hothead, I was able to pick the lock on my shackles and tore a peie of the old half rotton cell door. The vampire, his name was Lucius, bit me but I stabed him in the heart before he could finish the job. the thing about head vampires that unlike the more common vampire that mixes blood to create another, head vampires create a sort of venom that spreads vampireism. Being bitten I did not get enough of the vemon to become a full vampire...

...any questions?"
Damon was looking back at Mai, gading her reaction.
Sabastion still kept his mask of indifference but secretly did the same through the corner of his eye.

Mai though about that carefully and nodded. "Life can be cruel and unforgiving, wearther your human or not. I might as well go ahead and get my side done......
I was born in Hessen, Germany, my father was killed when I was five and the same time she told me that was the next red-eyed devil witch. My grandmother tought me everything she knew about witchcraft and magic. My brother died when I was 13, him and I were both burned on a cross which caused me to lose my right hand and have it replaced with a metal one. I moved here when I was 18, my mother and I were trying to get away from the Witch Clan without success, she ended up losing her life as well.....
Any questions?" Mai did not show a single emotion while explaining her past.

Damon sat normal as she talked smiling politely. His voice was flat though his words were remorseful.
"sorry, to hear that, you are right live is cruel, as is death, especially a lack of it..."
A flash of some old, hidden emotion streaked behind his eyes, dissappearing as quick as it came.
"Well then that leaves the last thing we have to discuss"

Mai didn't quiet knew what he meant. She though everything was covered, at least all that needed to be said.
"What do you mean?"

Damon smiled mischievously, predicting her reaction.
"Who's house we'll be sleeping at"
The smile returned to normal, now serious, he clearified.
"It's already gotten late, I heard Pyonna leave while we were talking. This demon has probably found out by now that I'm not handing you over and sent some of his more... Dangerous minions. I know you can hold your own but I doubt you could fight all of them off. This building has wards on it so that they won't be able to get us here and I have a spare room upstairs."

Mai though his offer over. "I should be fine staying at my house, it isn't much though, same as any old house. I've held up my own way this far I can last longer, I don't know if the demon would send more than one of his men after me at a time." Mai's home was the same as any other one story house.

Damin listened intently, Sabastion stretched and walked over to the door and sat, staring at Damon. Damon spoke as he walked ofer to open the door for him.
"I know I probably won't be able to talk you out of it so.. if you would, I would at least request that I go with you, if not for your protection, then only to make myself feel better. Is that more to your liking?"

(Sorry it's short.)
Mai nodded. "It's alright with me." was all she said. She stood up.

((I made a short post too so your good))

Damon pushed the door open wider, letting Mai through. The front room which was lit up by lights before was now dark, the desk, unoccupied. On the desk a magazine with a fanged model on the front was folded neatly on the desk, making Damon scoff. The only light came from the set of stairs where Sabastion's shadow dissappeared.

"So, where do you live? I'd rather like to know where we are going before setting out"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The hunted witch(Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus