Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Marks has arrived

marks3684

Hello everyone. I just came on here looking to participate in some rps. I don't have much experience in roleplays, so expect some mess ups on my end. As for my setting, it is still a work in progress, so I don't have much regarding it.

As for rps I would consider doing.....well, I would prefer if we don't do fandom rps, D&D rps or anything involving dice, any combat rps or rps with combat in them, or magic (considering my setting......let's just say that magic is has a really bad rep within my own setting).
Yo, welcome to the site! I'm Rin. You might have participated with a few RPs before, but you're still very welcome to check out the article regarding roleplay basics. Don't worry, it's written as concisely as possible so it won't hurt the eyes of any readers.

It's okay too if there are certain genres you don't feel pretty comfortable with. I'm still not very good with dice-related RPs either. I was suggested to learn the method by roleplaying with an experienced player, but I haven't decided to do it already. No matter what your preferences, rest assured that there will be those who think and feel like you, so don't fret. :D

If you have any questions for us, just hit us up right away! We'll be glad to answer them. :)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome Marks! We have a pretty wide variety of RP types on offer here, so I suspect you'll find what you're looking for. :)

If you're uncertain about your RP skills at all, I really recommend this primer on RP concepts as a starting place. Even if you have some RP experience, it can be a nice way to see what the general norm is here.

We also had some community discussions awhile back about how to improve at RP.. I boiled them down into interesting articles for those who are interested. Here's a selection of my favorite ones:

Writing for RP
The responsibility of ALL RPers (getting this one right will generally make people sing your praises!)
And if you want to put a slightly more advanced technique in your back pocket for now and again: Using dice to enhance RP

This is a pretty big site with a lot of features and areas, so if you have a question, there's a couple things you can try. Probably the first thing to try is just typing your question into the search box, or you can go to the Help section to see a list of popular articles. If you still need more help, our community is wonderfully friendly. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or suggestions!
Sanne Moderator

Heya Marks! All the info that's been posted in golden, I highly recommend it. :D

It shouldn't be too hard to find RP that suits you here, but if your setting is very detailed, creating a group can be useful to keep your information sorted and accessible to others who want to play in it. :) It's not mandatory but it's worth checking out!

We'll be happy to help you if you have any questions. :D
marks3684 Topic Starter

RinTengoku524 wrote:
Yo, welcome to the site! I'm Rin. You might have participated with a few RPs before, but you're still very welcome to check out the article regarding roleplay basics. Don't worry, it's written as concisely as possible so it won't hurt the eyes of any readers.

It's okay too if there are certain genres you don't feel pretty comfortable with. I'm still not very good with dice-related RPs either. I was suggested to learn the method by roleplaying with an experienced player, but I haven't decided to do it already. No matter what your preferences, rest assured that there will be those who think and feel like you, so don't fret. :D

If you have any questions for us, just hit us up right away! We'll be glad to answer them. :)

To be honest, regarding dice-related rps, I just find them pretty terrible types of rps tbh, mainly cause of the massive luck factor. Yeah, I really hate the luck based stuff I dealt with in D&D, Fire Emblem and some other rng related games.
marks3684 Topic Starter

As for the rp rules and such, yeah, I kinda got an understanding of the rp rules the hard way tbh. Met a munchkin who pretty much does whatever bad rp actions you can think of (metagame, powerplay, min-maxing, etc.) and is very hostile to other rpers. And yeah, have my own forum and been in another forum where we had these rp rules (just to keep these jerks in check, and for mine, if I end up having people like them).

Now that I think of it, I wonder if my setting would end up being too much for other people's settings. (It is a pretty powerful setting afterall).

And also, not really into joining groups yet. Might do so in the future.

And also, thanks guys.
MauveStar98

Greetings Marks. Welcome to RPR.

If you'd love to do an RP, I'm down for one.
marks3684 Topic Starter

Hi Mauve, and sorry but no, I really dislike doing anything involving RNG, and D&D is one of them.
Asroc

Yo! Welcome to RPR!
MauveStar98

Alright, fair enough Marks. We can try something else then.
Hello and welcome!
There are plenty of people that enjoy your same style of RP and if you take a look through the forums you will likely find something of interest, or you can always begin you own thread in any of the sections under the forums tab ^_^
Hope you enjoy your stay here and have tons of fun!
If you need help, someone to chat with, or someone to RP with I'm glad to be of service anytime~
9dacddbf41a791f94ee47669ddab412d.jpg
Hello, and welcome to RPR! Don't worry about not being as good as you think you can be, a lot of roleplayers are very understanding of people who try it out for the first time! They will even offer you some tips if you ask! Don't be shy! ^.^
You'll be learning eventually~ And it's not a bad thing at all, like, everyone starts from somewhere~
And other people here have told you pretty much all that there is to tell xD So yea, welcome to the site though~
marks3684 Topic Starter

Thanks you, guys. And yeah, right now, just hoping to find an rp to participate in here.
Welcome to RPR! Hope you found that RP you were looking for :) Have you tried using the Looking for RP forum?
marks3684 Topic Starter

Thanks Loki. And sorry.......haven't found one yet tbh.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Marks has arrived

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus