Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Love is in the Air {CLOSED}

Evangeline Hodgson (played by ashley_grace) Topic Starter

(sorry I haven't posted in a while. Please forgive me!)

As an important looking man came up to the Bartolo's office, Evangeline shuddered. There were no scheduled meetings from 3 onwards so why was he here? The man asked to see Mr Bartolo and although the boss had warned her not to disturb him; she would have to do what was best for the company...which in a way meant disobeying your boss. 

Cautiously, Evangeline went up to Mr Bartolo's door and knocked on it...a but scared at what his reaction was going to be.
((No problem, it happens!))

The guest did not look pleased, standing by the desk impatiently. When Evangeline knocked...there was no answer. Even if she knocked again, no answer.
If she opened the door (risking the wrath of the client if she didn't), she would find Dante laying on the floor on his back, earbuds in, blasting music from his phone. His eyes were closed, suit jacket and tie tossed into the nearby chair, shoes off, the first few buttons of his dress shirt undone. He was...relaxing??

Evangeline went over to her boss' phone and paused the music, "Mr Bartolo, you have an inpatient client waiting outside," she explained; avoiding his eye contact at every cost. She threw his tie over to him and walked out.

She told the client Mr Bartolo would see him in a minute and then went back to her own work. Would Dante be annoyed at her? she wondered as she pictured him sitting there. She would be lying if she said he wasn't hot.

Evangeline didn't blame him for locking himself up...he had meeting after meeting and just wanted some rest. However that came at the wrong time.
When his music turned off, Dante opened his eyes and gave her such a cold glare that it could ice over hell. However, he wordlessly sat up and started making himself presentable.
A minute or two later he opened the door and leg the client in, looking every bit the business man.
Once more, he had meeting after meeting. By the time everyone else was going home, he was still in his office, papers sprawled over the desk and fingers typing away St the keyboard. He hadn't said much to her the whole time. Not that he spoke to her anyways.

Evangeline ignored his cold stare and went back to her desk. After all the meetings and everyone had gone home, she went to Dante's office and leaned against the door frame. She watched him for a bit before picking up the papers that were laid on the desk.

"What did that man want" she asked quietly, breaking the silence.
Dante glanced up at her when she came in. "One of the managers of a branch was caught profiteering. He's been secretly siphoning money into a private account, overcharging the clients so that we wouldn't notice. Didn't take long for one of my supervisors to catch on, but now I've got to clean up their mess." His fingers danced along the keyboard at a quick pace, his eyes going right back to the screen. It didn't seem like he planned on going home any time soon. Which probably meant he didn't have any sort of family to return to. He was pretty obviously a bachelor, but still.
"Is the coffee machine turned off yet?" He spared a glance to his empty mug, then looked back to his work.

"Is the coffee machine turned off yet?" he asked. Evangeline shook her head; smiled and then picked up his mug and went out of his room.

She poured him a strong black coffee and her a flat white. After walking carefully back to Dante's office, she placed the two cups on his desk and sat opposite her boss, "Is there anything I can do to help?" she asked relaxing in the chair.
Dante was a tad surprised. She got him coffee without his even having to ask for it. Well, seemed like she was finally learning. When she returned, he took the cup, taking a few deep gulps of it before setting it down. "The client should have emailed me some case files for the court. Print them out. I need to mark them up and I work better with hard copies." He didn't look at her, focusing intently on his work. "Then go home. I'll be here far longer than you'll want to be." He COULD keep her with him if he wanted. But he was being nice, oddly enough.

Evangeline sighed, got up and made her way to her own desk. She saw the emailed files and printed them before stapling the right ones together. Afterwards she went to Dante's office and placed them on his desk.

"Do you usually stay up this late?" she asked curiously and then added quietly, "I'd rather be here then home."
Dante was diligently working as she returned. The only thing that has changed was the amount of coffee in his cup. He took the papers, giving her an odd look as she admitted her preference. "Sometimes the situation calls for it. If you have work, then do it, but don't just sit around here twiddling your thumbs if you're just trying to escape your personal problems."
He looked back to the screen, and got back to work.

Evangeline walked out of Dante's office and started replying to emails that had been forwarded to her from Dante himself. 

After an hour, she shut down her computer and packed up her folder in her briefcase. She went over to the coffee machine and poured Mr Bartolo another coffee before going down to the cafeteria to get something for Dante's dinner. She collected a meat pie and walked back up to his desk. 

Evangeline placed the coffee and pie on his desk and then said, "Alright, I'm heading home for the night. See you in the morning," she smiled.
Dante was once more surprised when she came in not just with more coffee, but with something for him to eat! Well, perhaps he made a good choice after all. "Thank you." he said briefly, turning to take a sip from his coffee. "Goodnight, Evangeline." Wait, had he just used her name? His eyes were on the screen, and he just kept watching the screen, fingers typing away on the keyboard.

The next morning, Dante was there before anyone else. In fact...
It looked like he'd never left. He was wearing the same clothes as yesterday, and he looked...tired. Very tired. He wasn't wearing his tie or his suitjacket, just the button-up shirt. When the rest of the staff saw him, they started whispering to each other as soon as he left the room. Everyone seemed like they wanted to stay as far away from him as possible. Anyone that wanted to give something to him dropped it off at Evangeline's desk and gave her a sympathetic look.
One of the other girls that worked there hurried over to her while Dante was in his office. "Uh-oh, he pulled an all-nighter. You're new at this, so I felt like you should know; don't talk to him. If he speaks to you, smile and give him whatever the hell he wants. If you think he can be obnoxious when he's normal, he's like a monster after an all-nighter. He's got a ridiculous temper that lashes out at the smallest thing." She grimaced, glancing warily towards the door. "It's too bad. He's so handsome. But I'm pretty sure it's one of the reasons why he doesn't have a girl yet. That and commitment issues."

The next day when Evangeline went to work, she was surprised at all the whispering that went on. Instead she went straight down to get a coffee for her boss. She brought it back up and placed it on his desk when he wasn't in the room. 

As she got on with her work she felt like she had so many more emails and messages to forward onto to Dante. She didn't say anything but at lunchtime she went into his office to see how Dante was. As a girl spoke to her she smiled, nodded and kept walking.

As she knocked and opened the door; Evangeline wasn't surprised to see his clothes everywhere but he looked tired and weak. 

"Mr Bartolo, have you been here all night and day?" she asked sympathetically. But it was rhetorical. 

"You really should go home and get some rest," she murmured as she rummaged at the files behind his desk. 
By the time she came in at lunch, the coffee cup was empty. One had to wonder how many cups of coffee he'd had in the last twenty-four hours. He glanced up at her as she came in, then looked back to his work. He didn't bother answering; it was quite obviously a rhetorical question. But as she spoke of going home, he shook his head slightly. "I can't. The only reason why the paparazzi aren't swarming the building right now is because I took such quick action last night and kept everything under wraps. If this gets out we'll have a damn scandal, and I don't deal with drama. Not the negative kind, at least." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He did indeed look exhausted.
"Damn Benson. What the hell did he think he was doing?" he grumbled to himself.

Evangeline nodded as he explained why he couldn't leave. She bit her lip as he grumbled and walked out leaving a whiff of her Miss Dior perfume in the room. She went back to her desk and answered call after call from clients. At lunch, she picked up a lunch order and coffee before dumping them on Dante's desk. She then headed out of the building for a breathe of fresh air and went for a walk in Central Park before coming back to the building.
When Evangeline returned, there was a group of people in the main room talking quietly to each other.
"You go in."
"Me? No way! Didn't you hear what happened to the last guy?"
"He totally got fired."
"The man's a beast. I don't know how he has such a successful company."

When Evangeline came over to the group, one of the girls looked up. "Mr. Bartolo's asleep." she said softly. "The last guy to wake him up got fired. We all need to get paperwork to him but none of us want to go in. You should go. You're his PA, so maybe you have a better chance!"

Why does everyone think that I'm always in Mr Bartolo's good books? Evangeline thought as the girl spoke to her. In her mind; Mr Bartolo hardly appreciated the work she or half the staff ever did.

Evangeline knocked on Dante's door and went in. Paperwork in hand, she placed it on his desk before smiling to look up at a sleeping Dante. Hoping she wouldn't wake him, she walked slowly towards the door as quietly as she could.
((So sorry! Things got mega busy))

Dante was still asleep. When she passed, though, he stirred slightly. "...Miss Dior..." he mumbled, before she could get to the door. He yawned and stretched, then sat up, rubbing the back of his neck. "You're wearing Miss Dior." He had no idea who he was even talking to yet, until he opened his sleepy eyes. "Don't you know how to knock?" He frowned, a bit in a bad mood it seemed. However...it didn't sound like he disliked her perfume, at least.

((That's alright!))

Evangeline didn't say anything when he commented on her perfume. Instead she addressed the knocking matter.

"I did knock but you were asleep," Evangeline said patiently, "There's a lot of papers that people want signed," she continued gesturing at the papers she had put down. Not to mention everyone's afraid of you she thought. 
Dante rubbed his face and looked at the stack of papers. He gave a grunt of displeasure, then sighed. "Fine. Shoo the buzzards off, I'll get their damn paperwork to them soon." He glanced at his coffee mug. Empty again. But even he knew the limits to how much caffeine he should have. He focused on the papers. Maybe if he got them all done in time, he'd be able to go home early. The poor man could barely stay awake anymore.

When Evangeline left the room, everyone was shocked. There was no screaming, no yelling, no 'you're fired!!'
Nothing.
They stared at her in amazement. One girl walked up to her. "How'd you do it?" she whispered. "Did you like, show him your boobs or something?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Love is in the Air {CLOSED}

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus