Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Love is in the Air {CLOSED}

Evangeline Hodgson (played by ashley_grace) Topic Starter

When Evangeline turned on the TV the next night, her face covered the TV screen. She immediately changed chanels to find herself on the other chanels. Sighing she switched the TV off.

On Monday, she came into the office with the media lined up in front of the Bartolo industries. She pushed her way passed them with a security guard behind her. Entering the building, she went straight to the coffee machine, poured two coffees and made her way to Dante's office.
Dante was standing by his window, scowling at the paparazzi that swarmed the entrance. "I should have expected it. It's good press, though. I guess I can't complain too much." He took the cup without looking at her. "How does it feel to have your fifteen minutes of fame, hmm?" His eyes flickered briefly to her, then went back to looking out the window. "Perhaps we'll make another appearance next weekend. Stir them up a bit. They're certainly quite riled."
He paused, tapping his finger against his mug for a moment. He sipped from it, then spoke. "Be prepared for people to accuse you of sleeping with me to get promoted. Not that I'd ever object to you making the rumors true. But when a secretary goes out to a fancy event with her boss, it's practically par for the course to get those rumors."

She grinned, "I guess it felt good. You don't think Michelle will be jealous if she found out-" as she said that a red haired women came storming in Dante's office; anger written all over her face.

"Dante Bartolo you have a lot of explaining to do!" she screeched. Evangeline backed into the door, "I think I'll leave you two to talk," she said smiling. The red-haired advanced on Evangeline, "No. You have a lot of explaining to do as well - sleeping with my boyfriend to get promoted," she sneered.
Dante grimaced as he heard the screech of the redhead. "Michelle, get out before I call security." he said simply. When the woman rounded on Evangeline, he twitched slightly. He set the cup down, strode over, and took hold of the redhead's arm. "She's not my type, Michelle. She's the stand-in because you were being a bitch. Guess your attitude got you kicked out of the 'popular' circle. Congratulations, you've been replaced. Now scram before I give the paparazzi a nice, beautiful shot of you getting thrown out of my building by security for trespassing."

"I would listen to Mr Bartolo or else get a good lawyer," she said critically. The red-haired replied poiting a finger at the assistant, "Oh just you wait! Evelyn or whatever your name is. I will make you regret even stepping in this building. Just you wait," with that Michelle marched out.

Evangeline turned to Dante, "Honestly, I would've thought you had better taste" she muttered before exiting the office.
Dante glared at Michelle. "If you make me go to the trouble of hiring another PA, Michelle, I'll ruin your name. And it will be so, so easy." he threatened. He turned and went back to his desk, sitting down and starting to work. He made no response to Evangeline's mutterings, no look up, no grunt, nothing.
The office didn't calm down all day. People went in and out with papers, form, etc. Clients came in for meetings. But any time one of the other female workers passed by, they'd give Evangeline a sour, jealous look.

At lunch, Evangeline went out and passed reporters with her lips sealed. When she came back, every single women in the building glared at her. Geez, she thought, it's not like I killed anyone she thought.

She went back to her desk before someone knocked on her door. She called out, "Come in." knowing it wasn't going to be the papparazzi - just work related.
Dante was the one that stepped in. "Manage to get through without being mobbed, I see." he stated. "The life of a celebrity can be tough; I'm assigning a body guard to follow you around outside of work. Drive you home, keep an eye on your place at night, and so on. You've made a lot of friends since the party, so that's good. But you've also made enemies. I've had girls that I've dated get death threats before. So don't complain, and it's not up for discussion; I've already made the decision and trust me, it's for your own good."

She would've argued with him but she knew it would be foolish to. Instead she looked at him, "Thank you. You don't mind the media do you?" she sighed, "If I wasn't your type how come you didn't get one of the girls who was your type, to stand in?" She didn't want him to get annoyed, she just wanted to know.
Dante gave a slight nod. "It'd be a hassle to find a new secretary." When she posed her question, he paused, leaning in the doorway for a moment. "...because my type sucks." he stated, before turning back and going into his office. Was that....was that actually an honest answer from Dante?! It sure seemed like it. He sat back down at the desk and dove into his work. He didn't emerge from his office until closing time. "Don't forget to stick with your bodyguard. Trust me, it's for your own good right now."

She looked at him sympathetically, "Yeah, your choice does suck," she then smirked at him, "You should try to stay with a girl for more than three weeks," she jokingly said.

"I won't forget..." she paused, "Are you firing me?"
Dante grunted at her comment. "They don't stay that long." was his terse reply. When she posed her question, he spared her an irritated glance. "Why the hell would I do that? You've been doing your job fine, and finding another PA is obnoxious. Now go home, Hodgson, it's late." He picked up his briefcase and ran a hand through his hair. "I'll distract the paparazzi, you sneak out the back with your bodyguard." He went into the elevator, and left.

Evangeline was realieved when Dante said he wasn't going to sack her. She had thought that maybe he didn't want her there at the office; bringing too much attention to the company.

She nodded at Dante and went with her bodyguard out the back. He immediately took her to the car and drove her home in quick succession much to Evangeline's delight. She then texted Dante to tell him that their plan had worked and was safely at home.
Dante got her text, sending back the one-worded 'ok' response. He was back at his house, alone. He was wealthy enough, he owned a sort of mansion house. But every room echoed with emptiness. Maybe it was time to host another party. He leaned back in his chair, staring at his cellphone. Why did he bother with this woman? Shouldn't he just let her go, so he wouldn't have to deal with the drama? Well, she was a good worker. So there was that. He didn't want to risk getting a worse PA. He shook his head, and tried to busy his mind with other things.

The next day, the paparazzi hadn't seemed to die down. Dante was already there, having a meeting with the building security. "Make sure all the exits are covered. I don't want any reporters in here unless they have a pass. There should only be three reporters that I've given a pass, so if there's more than three, toss them out. I don't want any trouble today. So keep it all outside. The more you don't say anything, the sooner they'll get bored. Got it?" He dismissed the guards and sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose.

Evangeline had to get use to the idea of bodyguards and security round her house but other than that she was taking the media just fine. With sunglasses on, she turned up at Bartolo Industries through a backdoor and made her way through there. She hoped she wouldn't have to contend with her colleagues asking questions so she went straight to her office and shut the door.

Evangeline began replying to emails and it wasn't until her lunch break that she saw Dante. She got out early and went to make two coffees and two lunches before coming back and placing one on Dante's desk whilst he wasn't there. Back at her desk she just sighed and wished the day was already over.
Dante came into his office, surprised to find lunch waiting for him after his meeting. He sat down and ate it, wondering for a moment about his PA. Soon, he called her in through the intercom. When she arrived, he gestured for her to sit down. "Close the door behind you and have a seat." he instructed. When she did as he asked, he watched her quietly for a few moments. He was leaning forward in his chair, elbows on the desk, fingers threaded together with his mouth pressed against his hands. Analyzing. That business mind of his was going through various scenarios of the situation.
"The paparazzi will probably die down in a day or two. It might help if you issue a professional statement to a reporter; give them something to write about. Something along the lines of 'I felt really honored to accompany Mr. Bartolo to the fundraiser, and I had a fantastic time. I'm living every girls dream!' Something like that would probably satisfy. There are going to be accusations of romance between us. Respond to that properly, whether you deny it or confirm it. For your best interest, you might want to say that there's no romance between us, you were just a lucky pick."

She smirked, "Yeah because Mr Bartolo doesn't have romances...only flings," Evangeline said teasingly leaning back into the chair.

"Don't worry; I'll think of a 'professional' statement to release" she said getting up, "I'm going to finish the accounts and then go home," she said sighing, hoping he wouldn't ask why she wanted to go home early.
Dante gave her a strange look for a moment. One that might say her words had more truth to them than she expected, but he was painfully aware of it. However, he breezed past the comment. "Already? It's just past noon, why are you in such a hurry to go home?" He was a bit confused. She never left early. Ever. So why all of the sudden?

She paused without answering, "I've got an appointment at the doctor's," she said truthfully...hoping he wouldn't continue to ask his questions.

Recently Evangeline had suffered from nausea and had become increasingly tired over the last few days. She hoped it was nothing serious and that she could just get some antibiotics to get better...but she had a feeling it was something that was bigger at stake...
For a moment, a surprising look of concern flickered over his face. "..have you not been feeling well?" He looked at her a bit more carefully now. Did the event have negative effects on her? Was she suffering from a stress breakdown? "..be sure to take your bodyguards with you. I'll try to keep the paparazzi busy." He was giving her a strange look now. A look that almost seemed like he was worried about her.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Love is in the Air {CLOSED}

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus