Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello hello!

Greeeeeeeetings everyone, my name is Veluren, I'm uh... shy?

Okay, let's try that again.

I've been a roleplayer for about eleven years now, starting on the old Gametalk (God that's old now) boards before moving on to RP in various MMOs. I enjoy writing stories and working with especially high-fantasy worlds. I came to RPR because I recently got into Furcadia (having been coerced into coming out of the fur closet thanks to a certain Darkfae, who introduced themselves earlier) and ended up writing up all of my main characters on this site.

For me as a roleplayer, I enjoy challenging characters and I'm kind of a dual sided coin. I either play really sweetheart characters with disturbingly dark twists to them, or I play rampaging sociopaths with just enough sympathy to them that people are willing to look past their... quirks.

If you want a small (Well, large, since it's my most involved profile so far) taste of my character building and writing style, check out my 'sona Veluren Silverscale

Anyway, glad to be here, you all look like great people so far.
Hi! Welcome to RPR :-) You have an approach to characters that I find really interesting!
Veluren Topic Starter

Alecia wrote:
Hi! Welcome to RPR :-) You have an approach to characters that I find really interesting!

Thank you!

It's actually kind of a flaw I've just decided to embrace and write around, blame it on my upbringing (my family runs a large-scale haunted house) that even the good characters are creepy sometimes. I just find it to be much more fun to play around with than a flat out unambiguously good person.

Plus I just like making people uncomfortable.
XD I do agree it's more fun this way. My own characters are, most likely, creepy or odd sometimes, even thouh they don't tend to be malicious. I can't really imagine playing a lawful good character who is nice and normal :)

LOL @ liking making people uncomfortable. I think a lot of people around here like doing RPs with dark themes and surprises, and being made uncomfortable is what they're looking for (the watching-a-horror-movie kind of discomfort). I sometimes enjoy them too, if they don't get too intense :)

I also have to say I'm fascinated that you have a black mage who is shy and kind and likes sweets :D
Welcome to one of the friendliest sites of the internet! That is a very in depth character you got there, very impressive! Be sure to check out the "Find RP" tab to show this guy off to people!
Hey there, and welcome to RPR! I'm Lotus, and it's really sweet to meet you!

If you need anything from us, don't hesitate to ask any of us! We're all uber friendly as can be here!
Veluren Topic Starter

The support alone is pretty awesome, thanks everyone for the welcome.

And uh, as for the sweetheart black mage, I need to finish writing up his profile, there's a reason for that.
Welcome welcome! You'll have a great time here!
BLC-LITE

Trust me when i say you'll have a blast. I started in January and i have made so many new friends here.
Veluren wrote:
And uh, as for the sweetheart black mage, I need to finish writing up his profile, there's a reason for that.

I'm sure there is! Sorry if it seemed like I thought it unjustified :) I'm looking forward to seeing his finished profile - I think it's a really interesting idea/concept :)
Tfa_96

Hey there welcome to RPR, it's lovely to meet you ^-^. I love your choice of characters. It's quite similar to a few of my characters which are not on the site, since they weren't anything permanent. You seem like a great person and very easy to get along with. You have a lot of experience so I'm sure you won't struggle finding people that are interested in role playing with you. ^-^
Welcome to RPR! We have tons of users from furc and people that just enjoy Furry RP's so I'm sure you'll find something here to suit your tastes! A black mage that likes sweets and is nice sounds adorable XD Hope you're having fun so far!
Hello! Welcome to RPR! I like the sound of those characters! They're interesting! ^.^ I hope you have a great time here!
There is not really much I could say that hasn't been said already x3
But welcome to the site~
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! It seems like you are getting along here fabulously already, but I do want to offer to answer any questions you might have, whenever you happen to have them. :)
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to the site Veluren!

I concur with others that your take on characters is highly interesting. :) I'm looking forward to seeing more! Are you planning on RPing actively on the site using forums/PMs, or will you stick to Furc and just host your profiles here? (Both is fine! Just curious. :))
I'm the one that dragged him out of the cave~.

And then he turned around and dragged me here. I wish I'd found this site years ago.

His XIV characters have been a blast, though it was initially really odd because Zekaru'li was much like my own little Miqo'te. I'm waiting to see this black mage finished - we had a bit of discussion on black magery in general before he started writing the character, so I've been waiting a while on it. Impatiently~.
Veluren Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Welcome to the site Veluren!

I concur with others that your take on characters is highly interesting. :) I'm looking forward to seeing more! Are you planning on RPing actively on the site using forums/PMs, or will you stick to Furc and just host your profiles here? (Both is fine! Just curious. :))

I've had issues with fake friends using me in the past so I'm supremely shy to the idea of new people and really getting into new communities. I probably won't advertise myself or RP on the forums but if someone approaches me (either on here in PMs or in the games) I'll at least respond.
HibariHaru

Hi! And welcome to RPR! Nice to meet you! <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello hello!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus