Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Useless Superpowers!

Like... \"The ability to fly, when NOT thinking about it.\" Or perhaps: \"The ability to teleport when leaving something crucial behind.\" Anyone else got some good ones? The sillier the better! (Wasn't sure this was considered a \"game\" so thought I'd post it here.) Anyway, have at it!
Raphael Emmerich (played by Minerva)

Technically not "useless", but fits under the bizarreness. Wraith can die, while within his suit, without degeneration and is essentially in a state akin to being frozen, and can be indefinitely medically revived as if he had JUST flat-lined. Of course, you never want to find out what it's like to die, much less need that over and over and over. So it's not exactly something you can use rampantly. He only has once, which was when he found out he had it. He hopes to never have to die. Again. Especially since you stay fully conscious of the pain and all other problems.
PenGryphon2007 Topic Starter

Oooh, yeah, that would definitely not be fun to experience. One of my friends has an immortal character who gets tortured a lot--well a fair amount--and the great inside joke is "You don't know what bicycle spokes can do to a person." But...I can imagine that Wraith would not want to die. Even if he did come back to life. Again.

yeah uh. His other kinda ability is he's a magical null, just slam him around physically. It was still a demon that did it. He ended up next to his own turret getting hammered first--bulletproof for even hi cal or not there's broken ribs-- then while he was down they dropped in and attacked one of his weak points in armor from behind. right through the lungs. ...so amidst the pain and blacking out he saw his vitals flatline. ...then he opened his eyes and was like "huh" moves hand back and forth "so that's what death feels like". It's also an ironic poetry. Wraith was a name to scare enemies picked by his mentor. But it means "a phantom of someone seen shortly before or after their death." :x

Poor Wraith--not an easy life that he chose--er, was given?. But I do really like his codename, all those hidden meanings that make perfect sense...it makes the writer in me happy.

Also, you have no idea how badly I want to throw a character at Wraith now. I'm just trying to find a good one. xD ...Kai might work, if I update him into a slightly more modern setting? Kai would probably end up as the target Wraith would be going after--which I have no problems with.
Well, I have one like that. Yami, my God/Deity like character (his race, he's not actually that OP), can see anyones fate... cept his own... and people who are involved in his own... so basically... the ones he's actually INTERESTED in. Ha ha.

I just realized how terribly cruel it was. It's like a bad tease.

So yeah, basically, complete stranger? Can see their fate.
Person you care about? Nope.

Haha, that's classic, Amirrora! I was toying around with having a character--a barrista--being able to see the futures of the people whose coffee/drink she made... Talk about too much caffeine! But being unable to see certain people's futures--especially those you cared about, would be horrid. Of course, the other extreme might be trying to warn them and having it happen /because/ of the warning...
Ha ha yeah, exactly.
In one way it's good, but in another way, why even have the power if it's just people you don't care about? Lol.

Coffee overdose sounds like a yummy way to see futures. Yum.
Ha ha.

And yeah, that could be bad!
Kim Site Admin

Useless but OH SO USEFUL super power: The ability to instantly dry nail polish so that it never smooshes!

Oooh--that's a really handy one, Kim! (Er, unintentional pun was unintentional?) xD I think I'd do my nails more if I were slightly more ambidextrous and if I had this superpower. xD
Jetticus

The power to ingest as much food as you want, but your body can only handle Moldy Bread... how's that?
My character Iris Blanche has sticky spit that turns into glue 8D
Not quite useless ;)
But still weird! XD

kissing her must be... Odd. and somewhat dangerous.
LOL!! I wouldn't know. After that nuclear bomb blew up near her, no one's tried ;)
Luci (played by Minerva)

Luci needs to try this some time.
PM me! xD

Moldy bread would mean not getting sick as often...though it would be disgusting. xD And glue-spit could be pretty useful--depending if it can be controlled. You all make me laugh.
Living your future in your dreams, then forgetting it when you wake up. Something the forest Ferinzz came from did. Not sure if it's really a power since it would only happen when he was in the forest, and he left it young and has rarely returned.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Useless Superpowers!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus